Just a request for those who play beta tests of games

fair point and thank you for pointing this out for me can i get my games that i bought on steam credited over here i think i am gonna transfer all my interactive fictions over and keep them over here and buy from here

Don’t quote me on this, but I think there’s some kind of system in place where you can e-mail support your receipts or something and they will give you access to the game on the website. Again, though, this might be old information or I might be completely pulling this out of thin air, so take my words with a metric-ton of salt.

Ta-daaa:

2 Likes

Well I can rest easy knowing I was at least partially correct, then.

Recently there have been a shit-ton of posts directed at individual testers and authors personally inserted into the WiP threads of individual projects.

This needs to stop.

WiP threads purpose is to gather feedback in order to qualify the game being tested for publication.

They are not meant to be hotbeds of gossip and chit-chat regarding other testers or even the authors themselves.

If the focus changes from the game being tested to another topic, then the whole purpose of the WIP thread is defeated.

Authors are granted an amazing amount of leeway here to conduct testing the way they feel needed to ensure publication of their works. By going off-topic and posting about fellow testers, you do a huge disservice to the author who’s WiP thread you are derailing!

Not only that but when such posts disrupt other WiP threads besides the one you post in, you only hurt the community at large.

With all of this in mind I am going to put forth some common-sense concepts that all testers should keep in mind when posting:

1: It is often not so much what ones opinion is that causes friction, but how one chooses to express that opinion. Using negatively-charged value words are a good way to start friction, as is generalisation and sniping.

2: Discussions can devolve into circular arguments. To avoid that: if you have already stated your position, please take a short break and allow others to share their perspective too. Please avoid repetitively hammering a single view without adding anything new.

These two simple concepts will greatly assist authors here getting their games published so we all can enjoy great entertainment at reasonable prices.

:two_hearts:

15 Likes