Journey to the throne(Wip) Updated 11 April

Change it to were since it’s a flashback

They look tense and nervous and feel the same way

1 Like

I can’t fix the first one because it is not actually flashback, it is the main story. The first page scene is the scene before the final battle and after that we come to the day when it all started and from here the main story comes and I have taken the whole main story in present time.
Second one I will fix it right away and thanks for your effort and time bro

Pretty neat for your 1st time man. Looking forward to more updates. Good job!!!

1 Like

I love medieval stories, so your WIP is right up my alley. I also really like when gender has an impact on the story, so I’m curious as to how it will proceed from here. So far, staying behind with our mother seems… dull. But I trust you’ll make it as entertaining as going to the capital with father dear. :smiley:

I also liked the character customization you gave us. Will our body type influence the narrative or is it a purely cosmetic choice?

The only thing of note is that I’d appreciate a bit more… development. Sometimes it felt like everything was happening too fast.

Also, I would like to have choices on how to react to what other characters tell me. Like when our father tells my MC that she must stay behind in Haven, you could add a choice to be resigned, or upset, or what have you. Or when our mother gets upset, it would be nice to pick how we feel about it. Maybe my MC doesn’t particularly care. I think it would make the MC feel more alive.

Looking forward to more! Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stay behind with mother it won’t be dull trust me on that.
About the body type, I haven’t thought about it completely yet but yeah the reason why I have described them like that because to use them but didn’t figure it out completely yet.

The Development part, yeah I am adding options to choose your strengths and weaknesses.

About the reaction thing I can’t promise you that you will see it in next update or will start work on it right away but yeah I will definitely work on that.

Thank you for your post and detailed reply.

1 Like

Hey, guys here is the new update.

1.Added a scene where you could select in which skill you are good.
2.Added new skill Knowledge
3.Added a new option outside the wall scene where you could choose a book reading too.
4 Added a new unit who good with swords as @Afrobear96 suggested.
5. Added reaction option with father scene in the female side as @Anathema suggested.
6. made a few corrections here and there.

and Thanks to @expectedoperator she really helped me with this update, and @Anathema I haven’t figured out the reaction part with mother or with any other character completely but I will put those in next update or maybe update after that.

As always waiting for your reviews.

6 Likes

thank you for adding the new unit just finished reading the new update love it keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just read the new update.

I enjoyed the skill selection (and I’m glad to see my suggestion of the parentheses in the code worked!) – it helps develop the main character and helps to begin introducing us to the other characters. A minor thing that might be nice is when we talk to the characters that taught us they give a small line depending on our stats. So, for example, when we speak to Lord Gerrad about the book and our knowledge is high, he might say that we probably remember all this information from our lessons – but if our knowledge is low, he might say he’s glad we’ve finally started to be interested in books.

I also liked the added reaction options when talking to the father. I think it really helps convey what sort of relationship the father has with his children, especially if you choose to argue – on one hand, he has to be the authoritative lord, but on the other hand, he tries to be even-handed and suggests taking his daughter on the next expedition.

Looking forward to reading more. :relaxed:

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for reading and glad you liked argue scene.
About the thing you said about adding line when we talk with other characters I agree with it and you will definitely see it in next update.

Thanks for your detailed reply it really helps.

1 Like

Hey bro,

Thanks for reading and I am really glad you liked the new unit. It was your suggestion and I am glad it met with your standards.

1 Like

I like this

1 Like

I tried to ask “What is the count on our treasury?” and it gave me an error message:
prologue line 1486: increasing indent not allowed, expected 1 was 2

I suggest you to use CSIDE program. It has, among others, built-in “Test project” option, which allows you to run Quicktest and Randomtest. That will allow you to catch these “non-existent variable” and “encreasing intent not allowed” bugs easily before posting new game files.

Good luck with your game!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply and reading the story.

About the treasury, I didn’t show it in stats till now but I will show it in future updates because I haven’t
calculated units cost per soldiers and many other things but I can give you a little estimation.
like If you have an army unit as a specialty of Haven then you will lose gold from Haven’s treasury and if you have farming as specialty you will have more food than normal count and little more gold but less no. of soldiers and something same for blacksmiths and traders.

About that error can you please send me a pic of it because last time I checked with a quicktest then
it was showing no error, I must have pressed backspace or space somewhere although I uploaded the file again after a quick test so there should not be a problem anymore.

Also Thanks for the “CSIDE” I will check on it right now.

1 Like

Interesting, I don’t get this error now.

1 Like

Na… It’s all cool now and really thanks for your reply.

1 Like

While choosing the family banner:
If i choose a hammer, it lets me choose its color, then color in background.
If I choose a small plant, it goes directly to the background color selection, with this text: “Your family banner contain a sigil of plant in color with…”.

1 Like

Ok I will correct it immediately.

Fixed it and Thank you for your time and help.

1 Like

Not a complaint, but the sentence about character appearance looks like this in the beginning (before choosing eye and hair color): You have eyes, hair and you keep them and wear them. It conjured up an image in my head: a cloaked figure who keeps eyes in a box and wears hair as a necklace :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:smile: Yeah you are right It really looks odd and I will definitely fix it in next update.

1 Like

1 Like