Journal in Stats Page

Hi again. I’m trying to put a journal on the stats screen. Any idea how to do that?

You’ll have better luck if you go away and try to do it yourself, then come back to the forum when you have a specific issue people can help with.

It’s hard to guage how to help you with this sort of question: we don’t know what you’ve already tried, we don’t how much you already know, we don’t really know what you mean by a journal.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that. What I’m trying to do is to put Boolean variables on the stat screen. Let’s say a text that you read in the game and then you memorize and it appears on the stats screen so you can refer to it when you need to. Obviously I create the variable on startup and set it to false, and then I put the text in the stats. The problem is that when I run the game the word “false” appears in the text. Does that make any sense?

As you’ve said,

*create read_text false

in startup and set it true if/when the player reads the text. Then in the appropriate stats screen section:

*if read_text = true
    Here is the text you read and can now refer to.

or in more efficient Boolean coding:

*if read_text
    Here is the text you read and can now refer to.

You may well know this already, but for those who don’t, with Booleans, you don’t need to go to the trouble of writing out “= true” or “= false”, you can do *if boolean or *if not(boolean) instead.

4 Likes

I just tried it and it worked! Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.