I am pleased to let you know that there will be a DLC for Cakes and Ale.
It will contain the following thrilling features:
- a menu for adjusting attributes, ready monies, relationships, and club status on the fly, for those who wish to experiment or set their own difficulty level
- the ability to play the game with slower skill progression
- a lengthy Author’s Note discussing the writing of the game
- the ability to see variables not typically visible for those who want to see what’s going on behind the scenes
- a detailed “Have You Tried?” list of features suggesting avenues of exploration
- an achievement guide
- a list of recommended reading for those who care to immerse themselves further in the period/genre
No story will be within the DLC. Just the above.
Wholly aside from the DLC, there will be the ability to restore the game to checkpoints made at the start of chapters. I am in the progress of implementing this now and figuring out precisely how I want that to look. Again, the game saving will not be DLC–that’ll just be part of the regular game.