Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale Free-for-All Discussion Thread Where Spoilers May Appear

Ah! I read that like ‘Jolly Good: Cake for Sale!’’ :smile:

Looking forward to the release! :grin:

5 Likes

If it’s chocolate chip cookies, I’m buying! :smiley:

@Gower Looking forward to some Jolly Good gaming then. :wink:

4 Likes

Aaaaa it’s here the game’s nearly here :sob::laughing: and since it’s nearly here can I ask a few questions about it?

2 Likes

Finally! I had been dropping by for this official announcement. A few months to go and I can’t wait for my snobby mc to goof around.

4 Likes

Sure thing–I am officially open to questions! Fire away!

Oh, also–two favors asked of all who gaze upon these words!–item the first: if you are on Steam, please wishlist Cakes and Ale, and item the second: if you happen to own Tally Ho on Steam and have not left a rating, please do, even if it just says “What ho!” or the like. I am dastardly close to the magic number of 50 ratings!

Edit: Mission accomplished vis-a-vis 50 ratings! Next stop, 500!

Edit on September 30: Behold, higher quality art!

56 Likes

@Gower will there be martial arts within the game?

3 Likes

If you choose to, you may spend practically the whole of chapter six (and, depending on what scandal you took, a goodly chunk of chapter five) punching people.

30 Likes

How many single malt whiskeys are in our collection to enjoy?

5 Likes

Single malts are slightly pricy for you, but you just drink a 1/3 glass of triple sec, and if your math is correct, that’s the same.

17 Likes

I can’t wait for the 12 of November!!! I am going to replay Tally Ho before that, naturally, to get through the can’t-wait period!
Congratulations on finishing another piece of art, Gower! :star2:

5 Likes

Done. My wishlist is now considerably more posh.

Can’t wait for release, much excitement

5 Likes

I can’t wait either!

You won’t have to import your saved game from Tally Ho, by the way. Cakes and Ale will begin by asking you some questions about the world state you left Tally Ho in (or you can randomize it if you like, or if you haven’t played Tally Ho.)

17 Likes

Regarding the game we know that tabby is the coffin loving friend and fitzie is the servant (probably) and vyv is probably our dear club member but who is mr shiny golden pants?

3 Likes

Responding to the question of golden pants (and the four love interests I have mentioned way up thread)…I shall spoiler-blur in case people don’t wish to hear even mild mentions of characters.

Tabby is the main character’s former neighbor (and not, as far as I know a coffin-lover), and you can see a glimpse of her peeking into the club’s window.

Fitzie is leaning casually at left in proper servant attire, and there is Vyv sitting on the floor–>

And finally, Gilberto stands in all his glory in golden trousers (and epee).

19 Likes

Oh boy, it seems our dear Tabby has developed a rather morbid interest. I’d blame it on the talk about pallow vampires.

4 Likes

Tabby looks so cute and I meant coffee lover not coffin lover

5 Likes

@Gower one question that stayed with me from tally ho is one that rory told the protagonist when he helped him with the book, rory said “you’ve read all the books in the world”? my question is if it’s true that with 100% intellectual ability the protagonist knows everything?

1 Like

That is certainly true. The ideal clever servant naturally has a comprehensive knowledge of all fields of study, including all manner of natural philosophy, and facility with the more far-reaching and esoteric branches of the mathematical arts–in short, they have a brain that causes the forehead to protrude out slightly.

The Cadbury Club would certainly never give its seal of approval to a servant who did not display such skill, nor would any worthy employer take on a servant who could not read complex texts in Latin and get their subjunctive perfects and their indicative future perfects quite right.

I hope that Cakes and Ale demonstrates this truism about how proper servants ought to be.

26 Likes

I believe the word is “outstanding.”

5 Likes

As a dirt poor college student I can’t wait to spend 40% of my entire
life earnings on this game :sob::ok_hand: no mourners no regrets

10 Likes