I’m not much for talking about works-in-progress, but since I have been asked a few times, I thought I would create a thread for what my next game will be so that I don’t clutter up the Tally Ho thread.
The basics: I’m writing a trilogy called the Jolly Good trilogy, set in the same world as Tally Ho. The first game, which I am writing now, is called “Cakes and Ale.” It will take place less than a year after the first game. While the Jolly Good trilogy will branch based on certain decisions you made in Tally Ho, it can also be played completely stand-alone and will be totally understandable even if you didn’t play Tally Ho.
- Whereas in Tally Ho, you are a servant seeking to ease life for an idle and loveable goof, in the Jolly Good games, you are the idle and loveable goof, with your own clever servant who thinks they know how best your life ought to be run.
- The heart of the first game is the social club that the main character joins, the silly and loveable people who are members, the outrageous adventures you and they get up to, and the friendly (?) rivalries with the neighboring clubs.
- While Tally Ho was based on P.G. Wodehouse’s “Jeeves and Wooster” series of short stories and books, this series will be based on his “Drones Club” and “Blandings” stories and novels. Similar humor and narration, but somewhat different sorts of plots and characters.
- Pretty much all of the characters you may know from Tally Ho will make at least one substantial appearance somewhere in the Jolly Good games, and in some cases, be major players in the plot.
- There will be four love interests in the Jolly Good games that I know about so far. The love interests are all new characters–they aren’t returning characters from Tally Ho.
- The first game will be called "Cakes and Ale"; the second game will be "Tea and Scones"; the third will be "Port in a Storm." The outline for all three games is done.
---- Updated 3/9/2020
It’s written. Final word count is 1,111,971 words. Let’s call it 1.1 million.
And we are in beta!