Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale Free-for-All Discussion Thread Where Spoilers May Appear

Could i ask for a pet? or even if only a cat in place I could give food and pet even if has no more dialogue or scenes. Seriously I will give premium meat to kitty and pet it everyday. Even if There are only two lines associated with it… I love cats.

4 Likes

I think pet is a good idea; imagine the hilarity that will ensue as our chaotic MC tries to take care of their pets and how our servant will end up taking care of it.

3 Likes

I will consider for the follow-up games. This far into game 1 I probably can’t include a pet!

11 Likes

My voice is in favour player agency so both sides of coin assertive and submissive or a mixture of both. Is key to a choice of game with focus in romance

Needed a second read to realize that hence why I deleted my post.

@Gower I wonder how long do you plan to make this game. 600k words sound already pretty impressive, will this dethrone Choice of Rebels (I think that’s the longest CoG so far)?

2 Likes

Gower already dethroned me. :slight_smile: Tally Ho is longer than Rebels. He now gets to dethrone himself.

21 Likes

You still on game @Havenstone I am sure you will beat @Gower in any of your saga volumes :wink: But I will cheer both of you as both are awesome. And is a big win for comunity having you both.

5 Likes

I have no clue! When I talked to Jason and Rebecca about this project originally, the notion was to write it as a trilogy specifically so that I could make each individual game closer to 250k or so. (It’s obviously financially smarter for the author to write three 200k games rather than one 600k game if you can manage it…) Clearly that plan is out the window.

Maybe this will end up 800k? 900k? I can’t quite tell. But my only hope is that Jason and Rebecca have patience with my long-windedness and propensity for creating lengthy and indulgent plot paths and long, long conversations with characters…

27 Likes

Amen.

11 Likes

I am known for being grumpy and everything but is encouraging the passion authors and company have here. Compared with I have seen outside. For instance in a Spanish if company forum They directly asked fans to solution to MAKE GAME MORE EXPENSIVE CHUNKING a game already made for sold separately. It was the most unethical post i have ever seen. Think i have never seen here both in Cog and in Hosted. There is true there is game with some IAP but they are volunteer I usually bought to helping sustained authors that bring us good games.

Still @Gower don’t be silly and if you think You could add some IAP to game that have sense do it as you deserve the money for your hard work. I am easy to please add a cat and I am sold :wink:

3 Likes

SOBBSS can’t wait for this game :sob:

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a game with 1 mil words? Or was that considered a Hosted Game?

1 Like

I believe that was Tin Star, so Hosted.

2 Likes

Ya Tin Star and Magikiras (1.4 and 1.1 million respectively) were both hosted games

3 Likes

There’s two? I have a lot of reading to do!

I hope our dear author also considers a gold, platinum or director’s cut version then as I really don’t like the feeling of being nickled and dimed and I like paying my bank fees even less and doing one relatively larger purchase saves me about 10 cents in financial transaction blood-money that we have to pay our banks since they were bailed out in the last “crisis” they caused in the first place. :unamused:

4 Likes

I will bought it for sure I want that good writers being successful to writing ever more. And Gower is a good patient writer that can read mara ramblings and give advice so I am team gower!

2 Likes

Update:

Hey jolly good fans,

I’m still plugging away at this thing, every day. I’m about 1/3 through Chapter Six. Originally I thought I was going to be done at the end of this summer, but I think, based on my current progress through my outline, it’s going to be more like the end of the year, realistically, and considering how much continuity work and revision work I’ll need to do. I’ll continue updating the first post in this thread with word count and progress, and let you know if there’s any exciting and/or shocking news!

49 Likes

Will there be a commentary-version, too? Like in Midsummer Night’s Choice?

It was really delightful to read background information.

5 Likes

I can pretty safely say that there won’t be a commentary version for the Jolly Good series. The Midsummer one was fun to write, but the ratio of time to remuneration wasn’t great, let’s say. I’d rather use that time to write more games!

8 Likes