Jazz Age -- HEART'S CHOICE -- BETA TESTERS NEEDED

New draft posted!

Ch. 2

• added substantially more conversation with John, including his backstory (trigger warning - discussion of domestic violence)

Ch. 5

• fixed continuity error (PC refers to attraction to both Lila and John only if earlier choice indicated this)

Ch. 9

• After John declares love for the PC, Lila only does the same if her relationship score is >=50

• Lila no longer automatically reciprocates if PC chooses her as a love interest (relationship score must be >=50). If PC chooses her or both her and John, and her score is <50, she suggests taking it slow. This means there is still a guaranteed happy ending, but the situation is more cautiously optimistic/HFN than guaranteed HEA.

• If the PC chooses John, the PC no longer lets her down gently if her relationship stat is <50. (This seemed unnecessary as she is not likely hurt if the stat is low to begin with.)

• fixed continuity error at bank scene ($100 vs $1000)

• fixed a continuity error in Ch. 5 that was created by my introduction of John’s backstory in Ch. 2.

Note to readers: The number of changes in this revision is fewer than earlier versions, but I’m getting into more substantial story changes now. Thanks very much for all the notes! I will continue implementing them and if I haven’t gotten to yours yet, please know I haven’t forgotten about them.

New draft posted!

Stats

• added an explanation of character traits in stat chart to help players identify what stats are being affected/tested in choices (esp. communication vs. charm)

• added larger line breaks between stat charts and headers for easier reading

• fixed display of finances (removed “:” after dollar sign)

Ch. 1

• Introduced John earlier in the story, added more interaction with him.

• Added more first name options

• Added option to choose own last name

Ch. 3

• Fixed continuity error. If PC already told Lila about the arrest, no need to decide again whether to tell.

• Added more conversation possibilities with Lila (tell her about audition or party at the Puncheon club)

• Added an extra choice affecting finances (if PC goes to dinner, they can still avoid being late by taking a taxi. Being on time increases goal stats).

• Added more conversation with Vilma and G.W. Lang, with more opportunity to change relationship stats and learn about union

Ch. 7

• Increased goal stats depending on which branching scene PC chooses at the end of the chapter

Ch. 8

• If PC goes to Lang’s mansion and supports union, added option to speak on behalf of union

Ch. 9

• if Lang supports union, PC can now choose to disapprove if they did not support union in earlier chapters

• fixed continuity error - Lang refers to PC’s influence in approving of union only if they spoke up at the mansion

2 Likes

This is the last call for beta feedback.

1 Like

On it. It took me a long time just to sit down and read it, but I’m going to send my feedback today. :frowning:

New draft posted. Not accepting new testers, but if anyone wants to replay it, they’re welcome to.

2 Likes