Isbandia (WIP) - includes demo

@Velax Well there’s explaining the cause, and there’s revealing what the PC would be aware of. The former may be concealed for plot reasons, indubitably, but the latter ought to be revealed, I think, when questions pertaining to the PC’s view on the rebels arise.

Hmm. It’s worth thinking about.

Posted a slightly updated version, fixing the errors RagEgnite and Bagelthief mentioned and changing the outcome of the fight slightly if you choose to help Kayla and the other soldier.

Great start. I’m looking forward to more :slight_smile:

Didn’t notice anything beyond what was already mentioned, but a couple comments to those points:

Regarding the fight scene, I think there should be a difference in outcome based on what strategy you use. To get the same result, whether I take up a good defensive position by retreating into a little alleyway or try to get myself killed by charging into the enemy head-on, seems implausible.
As for the defensive position, the alleyway usually wouldn’t give room for multiple individual fights (one for Trachan, one for the two soldiers and one for me) while it is very likely to happen on the bigger square.
I think there should be a discernible difference, if not in the outcome at least in the description.

As for the character building moments, I think for the length of the demo the one provided with Kayla is sufficient. The rest can come later on in the story.

Lastly, I would also like the option to stop Trachan from killing the mayor for the reason of interrogating him. Who cares about a trial when there is valuable information to be had? :smiley:

Hey all long time forum stalker first time poster. Firstly love the game so far. The interaction and very little change in story line is fine for the prologue as it determines your starting skills before jumping into the story. Only problem is a little more interaction between Trachan would be nice, considering you learn more about Kayla in your talk with her but Trachan is still (to me) a mystery.

I found another gender related issue but this time in the form of the rebels. In the fight scene with Trachan, Kayla, Other solider, it says “you slash your blade sideways, slicing through her knee” and then continues on the say “the rebel you hit is staggering towards the house…”. In the choices it says “… Go after him” instead of her and in the consequent scenes she becomes a man.

@WolfieGrey The one that you hit in the throat and who stumbles away is a different rebel than the one you hit in the knee, although that could perhaps be made clearer in the story.

@Velax ah okay. If that’s the case perhaps make some mention of what happened to the woman you hit in the knee once the fighting is over. It seems as though you kill everyone else and she disappears.

Lots of fun – keep up the good work! I look forward to the inevitable revelation that the rebels were in the right all along. :slight_smile:

@Havenstone “War doesn’t determine who is right- only who is left.” --Bertrand Russell
But maybe the rebels can make a dramatic strike, destroying Trachan’s secret weapon- the ‘Steath Dar’!

@Havenstone Not sure they are right, or that it is inevitable. That said, there certainly is something odd going around there.

@Redgrave sorry mate, I love you, but anybody who quotes Russell gets downdinged in my book. Sorry about that… sure you’ll understand…

Will hop eot have a review up later, especially since this is oddly fitting with a major RP I’ve been doing.

@Turtler “anybody who quotes Russell gets downdinged in my book” - YES! That! Exactly that!

Another minor update. Altered the fight scene so it’s more obvious that the rebel you hit in the knee isn’t the same one that stumbles away. Also added an option to take Karter prisoner for the purposes of interrogation rather than honour, as suggested by timaeus and Nasdaxow. Be aware that Karter, if he survives, will make another appearance in a later chapter, and he’ll remember if it was you that suggested he be interrogated. :wink:

Did you mean to cut out the slave background?

How come Trachan calls you by your last name but not Kayla?

@stsword What do you mean? It’s still there when I play it.

@WolfieGrey His personal preference, I guess. Kayla’s been in the army longer than you, so perhaps he’s more familiar with her.

Ah there it is, I must have been more tired than I thought lol

This game is good. ^^ can’t wait more!

RAWR i want more grrrr
lol
looks good looking forward to next chapter

I have to give you props for san holo, that made meh smile xD

Glad you guys and girls are enjoying it. :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity, did anyone get the Loranian Steel Longsword?

@Velax how would one go about getting said sword?