Is it possible to have indents outside code

So I’ve been wondering if it is at all possible to have indents in the body text of a game without them reading as code indents. I’ve been tired of my story looking boring with these square blocks of text, so having indents during dialogue or at the start of a new paragraph would be nice, like in an actual book.

But this isn’t possible, is it?

1 Like

Have you tried this?:

*set indent "     "

${indent}This line should be indented 5 spaces

5 Likes

Oh that would work in theory, but it sadly doesn’t. If a variable has no information other than spaces, it erases in the text. Maybe there’s a way to have “invisible” text🤔

Try replacing the spaces with “alt + 255”, that’s another invisible character that could make the trick. :thinking:

1 Like

Wait what is 255? I have a Mac keyboard

Alt 255

The magic sequence of keys Alt-255 typed at numeric keypad places an Invisible Character symbol into text. This character looks like a blank space in the program code and SAS output but is processed and printed by many programs as a valid text character.

You can copy it from here if you have a tenkeyless keyboard like me :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

Aye :smiling_face_with_tear::saluting_face:

Thanks a lot man!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.