Ironheart - Discussion Thread

I was able to win over Sana, but is there a way to keep her from leaving after the death of her mother? Thank you for the great story and game!

1 Like

Unless you really messed I didnā€™t think you could win her over and have her leave after her motherā€™s death. Clearly you made a mistake somewhere.

1 Like

Thank you! I checked back over the files and it seems that although you can romance Sana even if your allegiance is with the Papacy, you can only stay with her at the end of the game if your allegiance is with the Caliphate or if you bring peace to the land. In other words, sheā€™ll leave if youā€™re with the Papacy and defeat the Caliphate outright. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Anyone knows what the history hobby does?

I think that it just adds more descriptions to some of the things you see and do. Your character will be more aware of the historical details and contexts than somebody without the history hobby, and this will be reflected in their internal dialogue.

1 Like

Hey whatā€™s the answer to being able to open up the tomb?

Hate to be cryptic ā€¦ but all I will say is that it is what is inside and not who!

1 Like

This is a very good story, but, if you ask me, it has one big problem

It doesnā€™t allow you to have a full on romance with the bandit princess. I mean come on, you can travel back to the middle ages, fight Richard The Lionheart with an giant mecha, but you canā€™t marry the bandit princess? Itā€™s not like bandits turning into royalty is something unheard of.

Would be nice if you could get have a full romance with her.

1 Like

Bandit princess?? That character is gender fluid and PCcentric. That means its gender is whatever the PC prefers and is only there as a side dalliance for those that donā€™t like any of the main characters. The rendezvous was put in just to give charismatic PCs an option that didnā€™t involve combat or one of the other skills they suck at to overcome the bandits.(As I am not the author, I canā€™t say exactly what was intended, but I definitely saw that character as a throw away character)

Now if you were talking about Vivianā€™s daughter, then you can have a full on romance.

1 Like

Iā€™m talking about the bandit princess, the leader of the bandits. Donā€™t know if sheā€™s the masked one on the gameā€™s picture, but the point is, it doesnā€™t really feel like a throw away. In an more peaceful, successful run, sheā€™s about the only military threat you have to your fief. And when you consider her demeanor and how she specifically said sheā€™d meet you again, it feels weird that thereā€™s no full route with her.

Definitely a waste, in my opinion. If i can ensure peace in the levant and play basketball with nobles, why shouldnā€™t i be able to romance the bandit princess?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice here: uniting two warring faiths against a common enemy, utterly changing history, is my favorite ending to this awesome story called Ironheart.

[spoiler]I had a question about something that can occur in the final Battle of Jerusalem if the MC is in a romance with Ygraine. She comes to see you before the battle ā€œlest it be the last time in this world.ā€

If the MC replies with ā€œI love you,ā€ she replies: ā€œYou are a fool. I am worth nothing except in your eyes. You are a fool and I love you.ā€

I was just wondering what would have brought here to say that, given she previously seemed very self-possessed: ā€œIn an archon, I am as much a Knight as any man!ā€ I donā€™t have any strong opinion, Iā€™m simply curious, quite like Ygraine as a character, and saw the explorations of other characters on this thread.

Iā€™ve got my own theories, but I wanted to hear your authorā€™s view if you are willing. You donā€™t have to tell if you donā€™t want to. [/spoiler]

2 Likes

@GEPGUN There is actually the possibility of a longer romance with the bandit leader (as @2xs said, gender varies according to the player) if you become a hedge knight and then decide to spend your time after the trial as a bandit. Youā€™ll meet up with her again and spend some time together. However, itā€™s still not exactly a full romance as you donā€™t get to stay with her at the end of the game. If I ever write any extra content for the game (and Iā€™d love to, one day), thatā€™s something I would put in.

@RuffianDog321 Thank you! That line was meant as an indication of Ygraineā€™s vulnerability, a cracking of the tough facade which she presents to the world. Although she seems proud and haughty, and to a degree she is, she wears this demeanour as a kind of armour to prevent others getting too close to her. She really doesnā€™t consider herself worthy of being loved by another person. Thereā€™s a suggestion in other parts of the story that she was bullied horribly by her brother when younger. That was how I saw her as I was writing, at least. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well thatā€™s good to know, a full romance route would be definitely a great addition. If you could do it without having to go full bandit it would be even better. Itā€™s an interesting character, so to say, and there are definitely ways to achieve such an route while making sense.

1 Like

Thank you very much for indulging my curiosity.

I am suddenly even more glad that my favorite MC found a certain partridge-shaped amulet and proved Louis responsible for Guillaumeā€™s murder. Whatever the French king does to Louis, in my opinion, Louis deserves it. Meanwhile, the MC and Ygraine hopefully get their happily ever after in Damascusā€¦

1 Like

Is the amulet the only thing you need to directly accuse Louis successfully?

1 Like

No. To do it with the amulet you also need greater than 40 Charisma. Otherwise, it helps your case but isnā€™t hard evidence.

Or you can have Rashid grease the wheels for you.

2 Likes

How do I become Emirā€¦ I keep becoming Knightā€¦ Sigh.

1 Like

Its been a while since I played the game so please forgive the lack of names. Iā€™m pretty certain though that to become an emir you go with the girl who comes to you after your fight in the pass and the old knight dies.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since I played it too (!) but I think I rememberā€¦ There are a few different ways but essentially you need to show that you are friendly towards the Caliphate. The surest way is to follow the instructions of the beggar who approaches you in Aleppo and then, as @DivineMaurader says, to go with whoever comes to you after the fight.

2 Likes

This was a great game - incredibly well written and immersive, plus Iā€™m a sucker for time travel and history!
But I have a question. Iā€™m not sure if I did something wrong, but does John ever ask you to marry him? Cos I thought I did everything right but in the epilogue it only says that you grew increasingly close over the years. I felt a little disappointed, since I really liked him and was hoping for something a bit more romantic at the end. So did I pick a wrong choice or is that all we get from him?

2 Likes