Invalid ${} variable substitution at letter 219 error message question

I’ve been getting the error invalid ${} variable substitution at letter 219 but this is in chapter three and I’ve used the same variable in chapters one and two and it’s worked fine .

Thanks for the help in advance

*label answer3
"Of course you are doing the right thing. They have not been your friends since high school and seeing what they have done I wouldn't ever forgive them." ${assistant} answered. "Ok, I'm glad. Well I'm going to bed now, good night." You say. "Good night." ${assistant} answered. ${assistant} goes to her room and you go to yours for a good night's sleep.
*goto paragraph2
*create assistant "?"

IIRC that is common for using the wrong encoding, make sure you’re saving with encoding UTF-8. (With Sublime, that is File > Save with Encoding > UTF-8.)

This is not the first game I’ve made so I know that I have to save it as UTF-8 and it is just like all the files are UTF-8 but I’m still getting this error message so any other suggestions?

Could you provide more of the code?

I fixed it, ended up I missed putting in one of the closing curly bracket, thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.