Interest check

I have an idea for a story that i wanted to see what you thought about it…

At the beging of the story you arive at a new town which will be you tenth home that year having moved around cause of your mom having to bounce around from job to job not being able to keep a job down. But as quick as you move into your new house you find out that it wasnt a safe move. That there is something killing people with a scythe some times its just people trying to pass through other times its trying to kill you. Then theres the times “It” is trying to kill your friends. Thats not all it is being controled and it looks like a scarecrow or is it a scarecrow?

My idea is to create a version of the scarecrow a pagan god that resides in an ancient tree brought to the U.S. by Scandinavian immigrants. Each year the people of Burkittsville, Indiana, present it with a young man and woman as a sacrifice to ensure the prosperity of their town and its crops. The god inhabits the form of a scarecrow made from the body of its previous victims and kills the couple with a hooked blade, or scythe. The god is vanquished when the sacred tree is destroyed with fire…

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Interest Check Thread