Interest Check Thread

Mhmm mhmm I feel you their buddy.
I really like making characters that are really like shy and cute but that rarely ever is an option sadly.
After that I like to make tired people that don’t give a shit about anything.
And after that I like making a super mentally unstable depressed person :slight_smile:
I’m also occasionally not a moody cunt so I make a super excitable cutesy character who is happy and friendly.

If you give us the ability to be a socially awkward well meaning psycopathic murder teen I’ll be happy.

1 Like

Unless you can somehow get a license. Someone managed for 7th Sea and I’d certainly like to see more licensed works. You probably need to know someone who really knows GRRM to really have a chance at it tho.

6 Likes

The Armageddon Archipelago: Arin Arnold’s Airship Adventure

or: AAAAAA for short

Everything in this demo was written on my phone while on vacation!

Basically you play as a meteorologist in 1945 on a mission in a big-ass zeppelin to explore a newly exposed collection of islands floating in the sky.

IN THIS “INTEREST CHECK” VERSION:

• Look at some clouds!
  • Insult a crew member!
  • Argue with an old woman!
  • Sulk in your room!

IN THE FINAL VERSION:

• Explore three unique islands in the sky!
  • Look at a hell of a lot more clouds!
  • Make first contact with bird people!
  • Prevent a nuclear armageddon!
  • Romance the captain! Or don’t. I’m not the boss of you.

Dashingdon link: https://dashingdon.com/play/will/aaaaaa/mygame/

EDIT:

• sadostic
  • Mr. Arnold does not wish to be called “miss”
13 Likes

I’ve got to say, I’m excited on your project. Can’t wait to sulk in my room alone.

5 Likes

The best feature

4 Likes

MODERN MESSIAH: There is no salvation
I did a post, but because of my short demo it was close. And I decided to change the game a bit.
Two genres are mix here: scinece fiction and about people with superpowers.
In this game willalso be time travel, travel to othere galaxies/planet and othere races.
My short demo: https://dashingdon.com/play/dark1swan/modern-messiah-book-1-/mygame/

Plot:

Who can save humanity from total destruction? Who can save this world, which is falling apart? When there was no hope, suddenly a savior appeared.

MAIN CHARACTER (will be updated)

Johnny
height:185 cm
appearance: A thin man with dark blue hair. His eyes are red. / In prolog /
powers: Precognition, Darkness Manipulation
He did not remember how he got to the center. In 9 years, he first appeared superpowers.

4 Likes

I’d read it.

This is always important.

Now excuse me, while I go and check what else can be done with

2 Likes

I would say it’s probably not too hard or expensive to get license for a show or book, definitely if that show or book has already ended or if the book doesn’t have a live adaptation. So if they can somehow get in contact with Grrm(who from what I heard is a pretty nice guy) then that would be pretty amazing.(also possibly a boast in viewership on this site.)

1 Like

Depends on the righs holder. I don’t know GRRM personally but, yeah, I heard the same rumours as you, he’s supposedly quite nice in person. The problem is getting access in the first place and the fact that he likes to retain some control over the writing of spin-offs (although him writing a chapter in any possible licensed CoG would be awesome of course.). But whatever author manages to obtain that license would, between the split with CoG and GRRM be doing it more for the “exposure” then the money I would venture.
Like I said on the 7th Sea thread I wouldn’t be averse to seeing more licensed works. And Song of Ice and Fire (you cannot call it Game of Thrones as that license is in Hollywood hands and impossibly expensive to obtain) seems like it might potentially be a good fit for a choice game.

2 Likes

You sincerely made me want to look at some clouds, how dare you

(But really, cool story)

3 Likes

But can we shoot the clouds?

1 Like

No but you can observe the clouds at a safe distance and maintain a healthy respect for their importance in regulating the atmosphere and propagating the water cycle.

Oh also, for everyone who has a look at the dashingdon demo (here if you missed it) would you answer this poll for me?

The main character was fun to play.

0 voters

I’m interested in learning more about the setting and situation.

0 voters

I liked …

• Arin Arnold
  • Cory Jameson
  • Ducky the Witch
  • That one crewman that’s kind of aggressive
  • Your dour cousin
  • Your boisterous uncle
  • Your great-aunt who got hit by a rickshaw
  • Clouds

0 voters

What are your opinions on …

• having a set main character with low customisation?
  • the choices available so far?
  • the mystery of what the hell is actually going on?
  • the setting of a zeppelin in 1945?

Thanks! This all helps me determine the future direction of the Airship Adventure.

(also say nice things so my black heart can stave off The Chill for one more day)

2 Likes

I don’t mind at all! in fact I’ve been drawn to pre-set MCs lately for some reason.

Enjoyed the variety you offered. Mostly curious what else we can do.

What is going on indeed.

Why not? As long as we can look at the clouds and be grumpy, I’m in.

To be frank, playing as a meteorologist was way more interesting than I’d have ever thought.

EDIT: Almost forgot - whatever happened to our poor aunt?

3 Likes

I actually like the customization options you have (And I’m all for the choose whatever you freaking want team on my wip), I think they’re neat.

The choices are down to earth but funny to read, which is kinda hard to do right sometimes. I think you’re OK

Dude, the entire game could consist on learning about clouds and dealing with people, and that’ll make me happy. If you wanna throw Indiana Jones in there, I’m not gonna stop you.

Ah, the zeppelin. You instill fear, are you aware of that? :joy: No, sincerely, loved the setting. And the panic the setting gives my character. I really like your freaking story

4 Likes

@hotmess.exe

Your idea sounds great! I’m totally up for some mystery and teenage angst seasoned with delightfully awkward 90s slang. :laughing: I’m looking forward to your wip!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s very short indeed. Will be the main character customizable?

1 Like

First time poster here!

Title: The Garden of Souls (If there is another game that has a similar title that you know of I’ll just change it.)

Plot: Memories. Some are so precious you wish you could stop time and never let them end. Other memories are disgusting enough that you wish you could erase them. It is said that there is a garden that transcends space and time. Stories has been told through the ages that if you find garden your memories will disappear.

Main Character: You and an associate preside over the mansion and garden that all the stories talked of. You have no memory of how you got there, but were trained to extract memories. You take part of the soul as payment for your services.

The MC is customizable with gender, sexual orientation. As I continue writing I’m sure things will be added to the list.

Trigger Warnings

I will make sure to place this game in the adult content section. This game so far contains:

• Scenes with abuse
  • Scenes about suicide
  • Generous amounts of curse words
  • Graphic sexual scenes
    As I continue writing others may be added to the list.
Features

This will be a game that focuses on relationships. It will not have many stat bars. However in several/most(ish) conversations you can choose how to respond line by line. Characters will remember what you say, so that’s where the majority of the stats are.

Romantic Interests

There will be 4 different love interests. You may choose the gender of them all as you meet them. They will match/be okay with the sexual orientation you choose.

• The overly friendly associate that you run the garden with (Sage/Saige)
  • The flirtatious and outspoken burlesque dancer (Kyle/Kaylee)
  • The noble and withdrawn gentleman/gentlewoman (Michael/Michelle)
  • The hot tempered and confident warrior (Leon/Leona)

I am currently finished with the prologue/chapter 1 (currently programming it). It will most likely be posted within a week or two.

I’d currently have male/female genders, but I’d like to add a person (as I’ve seen it called in several WIPs) I’d like to research it more so I do that correctly. I don’t have experience with it at all so if someone can point me to a website that explains. For example, does person mean gender fluid or not identifying with a current gender? (I’m sorry if this question offends everyone, I just don’t know what the term/s is to look up.)

If you have any additional questions/feedback/outbursts of rage lemme know!

29 Likes

Would anyone be interested in a crime story blend of “Zootopia” and “The Purge” set in a city teeming with anthropomorphic furries where the whole predatory/prey dynamic pushes the plot toward a combustive mix of animalistic sex, clever manipulation, and primal violence?

Story would be told in standard 2nd person POV. MC would have some choices of furry with some limitations. MC would be a lawyer prosecuting a gruesome crime. Things get…hairy (pun intended).

Several potential ROs, but focusing on depth instead of number. Gritty/noir type of setting.

Asking for a friend.

16 Likes

Hi, I’m new to the form and I love your idea. But why just mammals? Why not add reptiles too?

3 Likes

You had me at suicide @Darlynne

1 Like