Interest Check Thread

I’m always up for a magick story, typical or not, besides this is one of those “typical” stories that I enjoy.

1 Like

But a god being patron if those thing would be quite known by humans, these aren’t exactly things you forget easy, Mc being a god of more insignificant things would make more sense like god of lost causes, goddess of the reindeers etc

1 Like

Let’s assume that this story is set in a modern era, how many people today actively worship ancient Gods? Yeah, some people study mythology but it’s almost forgotten these days. Greek and norse mythology is pretty mainstream but this is probably another insignificant religion/mythology.

5 Likes

Very true, but i wasn’t talking about worshipping per se and more about at least knowing, even if not worshipping them anymore some places have a heavy connection with them.

1 Like

Let’s just roll with it for now. I am still processing the whole plot and all so things might seem a bit weird at the moment.

5 Likes

Best idea i heard of around here (I soooo gonna be Lucifer)

2 Likes

Yep, it’s one of the possible options.

3 Likes

I’m considering working on a fairly cozy/low-stakes, character-driven (romance optional) fantasy story. Would you rather play as:

A. A villager who finds and befriends an abandoned mage tower, and then, in order to keep using it/learning magic, has to deal with its mage;

or

B. A con artist who, in a heist gone horribly wrong, is transported to an abandoned, backwoods mage tower, and ends up impersonating a mage in order to lie low/buy time/figure out a way to deal with the repercussions of their screw up?

The first option would be a bit more cozy, with the tower as more of a character. The second wouldn’t be dark/gritty by any means, but it would have you trying to con the local populace, and you would eventually have to deal with the fallout of your failed heist.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Setting/tone-wise, I’m thinking akin to the first half of Howl’s Moving Castle (book, not movie), if that helps clarify what I mean by cozy.

• A. Villager
  • B. Con Artist

0 voters

7 Likes

I’m tempted to say the con artist, but I’m actually not a big fan of the whole “liar revealed” arc.

1 Like

There would be several ways for it to go down, including being immediately honest with a few conspirators (including ROs, if that’s the issue?), and then maybe not having a wider reveal, if that helps?

So if you want to be honest (or just bad at straight-out lying), there would be a pretty immediate chance to get a local to help you with the pretense, and options further on to let more people in/get more help.

(I think a wider reveal would be an option, but by no means necessary, regardless of what you choose. And there would be few [if any] cases where the reveal is not your doing and can’t be walked back.)

3 Likes

I I were you I’d pick one of those two choices and run wild with it, but splitting it up basically into two separate games side by side might be a bit taxing!

1 Like

I kinda blame Hero Unmasked and @Tevin for the inspiration:

I’m toying with the idea of making a(nother) superhero themed game where you are the only superhero in town and have to balance crime fighting and mundane life.
Means in addition to the relationship stat there’d be a suspicion stat. And what if one ro might be a supervillain?

So, put this on my to-do list (i might even work it out as a spin-off to curious Cuisine)

• Yes, do it.
  • No, don’t.

0 voters

1 Like

Oh hell yes

4 Likes

I really liked Hero Unmasked for taking time to balance that, though I think there is a WiP already where you have to balance a day job as well, which I liked.

2 Likes

I think there are two or so, though i’m not certain if they focus on that aspect?

2 Likes

The demo (which changed names, and I can’t remember the old or new) didn’t seem to have an RO, but did have the idea of balancing superheroing and mundane life, and Hero Unmasked had the RO aspect, as did Fallen Hero: Rebirth (which was tough to relate to the MC in, but was SO well-written).

2 Likes

Should i still give it a try?

1 Like

Yes please. :hugs:

2 Likes

I say if there is a story you WANT to tell, tell it. I’ve never written one, and my first game is something very similar to existing work, but it’s what I want to write.

2 Likes

Here are some ideas which would make for a good CYOA game

1. Warring states of China and Chinese Unification (roleplaying game, perfect for trilogy or more)
  2. Hungdread year war (roleplaying game, can work as one off story or trilogy)
  3. Vikings (roleplaying game)
  4. Crusades (roleplaying game)

These are historical periods that would are perfectly lending themselves to CYOA genre.
They are perfect for roleplaying and would satisfy large demogrphic of people from roleplayers to gamers, people who like history, or those who like alternate history.

2 Likes