Interest Check Thread

Sorry I’m a little confused who’s the Mc in the Military Dog a werewolf or actual dog (am I just an idiot… probably):man_shrugging:
Edit: Screw it I’m looking at the replies I should’ve read them first your a werewolf trained by the military.

2 Likes

i know exactly which CG you are talking about and its one of my favorites! c:
At the moment weres and vampires are the only two anyone has managed to create successfully but there are several different countries experimenting with genetics so its possible that later on more types will be created. and yes, their existence is universally known but you don’t just see them walking around town buying groceries and what not, they are specifically created for military purposes.

2 Likes

yes you will be able to become friends with all the ROs, especially Josie since you’ll meet her early on when you are still both children c:

1 Like

I was looking forward to a story involving the greek underworld, but it’s important that you take ownership over your story by making these kinds of decisions for yourself, so great work!

3 Likes

I look forward to your story, I voted for the daughter of hades too, but the Military dogs story sounds pretty awesome too. I do not have much time to look into WIPs but I think I’ ll make some time for this one.

5 Likes

Ok so I’ve planned out a general plot for my story, it takes place in a fictional town called Ormont located in the state of Montana.

The mc crashes there and ends up being gifted the power to turn into a wolf, like some of the residents there.

The story will follow the mc as they learn to use the gift, figure out how they got the gift as people out of town aren’t meant to receive it and fight the ever increasing threat of deadly vampires.

Romance will also be a major part of this story. Any interest or suggestions?

7 Likes

Like a dire wolf? A werewolf? Or just a regular wolf

1 Like

Dire wolf.

1 Like

Okay I’m in

2 Likes

Hello. I’m interested in attempting to make a choicescript game, and I would appreciate some pointers as to which might be the fairest point to start. I have, more or less, three options:

First, there’s this scifi/fantasy/superpower/spy thriller/space horror (although I’m still learning on the last department) storyverse of mine. This option I’ve dabbled with on another format, but it would require certain 3D work and engine limitations I’m not ready to tackle, so I figured pure text might be as good idea as any to get sense of the story. You’d be a spaceship captain who gets in the middle of an alien invasion and spy games surrounding it, then ends up in another galaxy with a fleet you may or may not be part of (depending on how you play). What you’ll do there I’m not quite sure of yet though, other than trying to figure out what’s going on and/or trying to get home.

Second and third options are merely settings I enjoy working with, and am indeed working with in another format (kind of writing novels taking place in them, but I couldn’t rightly form those plots to IF), and there’s no story out of my hat that I could start working with, but there’s also no reason why I couldn’t come up with one, if someone manages to poke my story-spitting part of brain to work with them. :thinking: There’s this anthro thriller/city noir setting (which might include superpowers too, but that’s not necessary, and could, if needed be, not use anthros, and still be effectively the same setting), and this fantasy/alt history one, where you would play as a wolf (I have quite a lot of worldbuilding for that one, but it sadly uses a lot of terminology that doesn’t translate nicely to English).

Would any of these be worth pursuing?

A few things to be aware of:

• English is not my first language, so I may struggle with most bizarre of language situations at times.
  • ROs. It is possible there wouldn’t be any. I’m not against them per se, and am certainly willing to try, but I’m not sure I could write a good romance if my life depended on it.
  • In a way continuing previous, gender choice. I may not include it. The story wouldn’t be gender-locked, mind you; it would just be a situation where gender is not mentioned. At all. At least the first option is possible to write completely without gender pronouns (and that is also essentially the way it is supposed to be written). So unless there’s a reason the gender needs to be specified, I might just leave it out completely. Especially since I hate gender pronouns. My language has one-pronoun-fits-all-genders, so I assume you might see where my frustration is coming from.
In case you’re wondering,

my first language is Finnish.

2 Likes

I like the thriller/city noir and the fantasy/alt history one.
As for me, I’m not a fan of Sci-fi in general… so yeah, but honestly, follow your heart or whatever organ you want to follow

4 Likes

Hi there! I’ve been thinking of making a WIP for a long time now and I was wondering if anyone would actually be interested in it? It’s a fantasy/romance.

The idea is that you play as an MC who is transported to another world (How that happens is explained in the game), similar to Earth but with magic and otherwordly creatures (faeries, werewolves, dragons, etc). The MC’s grandmother apparently used to live in that world and you learn that you can actually use magick. Of course, something dark and sinister is happening in the background as you adjust to your new life and you’re the one who has to face it. Typical plot… or is it?

As this is also a romance, I plan on having maybe 5 to 8 ROs with varying backgrounds. Each of them are linked to your grandmother (Who I planned on being one of the central figures of the story).

Features
  • You can choose your gender and sexual orientation
  • A variety of magick
  • 5-8 ROs
  • You can be good or evil… or something in between
  • You can customize your MC
  • More to be added

This WIP is still untitled and I plan on making it more story-oriented than game-oriented, kind of like Wayhaven Chronicles by Seraphinite.

So, um, does this sound good? Or am I being a bit too ambitious? I have never been so nervous to do something in my life. I appreaciate any feedbacks.

19 Likes

The plot is very typical, but you addressed that point already. Plus I’m a sucker for romance/character-focused stories so yup, definitely interested!

Would you mind posting short character bios of the ROs and the other important characters (like the grandma)? Though it’s completely fine if you wish people to encounter them in the story itself.

2 Likes

I don’t mind at all! I’m happy to know that people are actually interested in my story.

Romance Options
  • Luanne Veaudelle : female
    -A proud and cold noblewoman with dual magick, a rare talent

• Allyana Edlyn : female
    -A sylph with a whimsical attitude, the twin of Auryonis

• Auryonis Edlyn : male
    -The serious and protective twin of Allyana

• Chaleon Agaphe : male
    -The charming ladies man who owns the building MC lives in. His race is unknown.

• Sephtis : male
    -A mysterious dragon in human form

These are the ROs I have in mind so far, I plan on having them gender-locked as I might have a hard time coding.

I think I’ll just post the other characters when I have my own thread. My plan is to put up the prologue and chapter 1 by July, hopefully I actually manage it.

5 Likes

Hiya! So the thing is that I’ve got this huge dream and want to write something. So I’m hoping to get some feedback for this because I am quite nervous to even post this haha.
Anyway, here’s the deal…

I’ve come up with something where you play as a god, but not just any god. One day you are just enjoying your life, spending time with the other gods and goddesses, until there comes a letter from someone very important, stating that there is some trouble going down on Earth. Murders, to be exact.
The person or god who sent the letter, wants you and all your ‘half-siblings’ to go down there and help those poor creatures. But it is also believed that the people who committed the murders are under an influence of a god or something else.
When you go down on Earth, you start your work at a local Police Station and meet some humans while you’re at it. And maybe even fall in love with some.

So like I mentioned in the line above, there is romance (either a god, goddess or human. Your choice) and some angst. May contain some uncomfortable scenes like a description of a murder (I’m really good at describing them). Might be some ‘mature-content’.

Features
  • You can choose your gender (Female, male, non-binary).
  • There will be a variety of different RO’s with different personalities (Can’t quite say how many though).
  • You can choose what are you the deity of (God of War, Goddess of Peace and like that).
  • You can choose and name your little companion or familiar.
  • You can customise your MC with many different features.
  • Will be added more when it comes to that.

I have some thoughts on the name but still unsure. I’m hoping to turn it into a multiple-book project.

So yeah. I’m sweating buckets for this because this is my first ever big project and dream and I’m a little self-conscious and afraid.

Hoping for feedback or maybe even an idea.

22 Likes

How powerful and known as a god will the Mc be

1 Like

Why would a god need to join the police to investigate the murders though?

2 Likes

They will be on the scale of 5 in power about 3.5 so like avarage for a god in the MC’s status because there are older and more wiser ones out there.
On Earth, the MC won’t be that famous or known but people have heard of them. But they are quite known amongst the other gods and goddesses.

2 Likes

The gods could make like their own little group of investigators of course, but it’s all because of the plot and because no human should actually know that they are a god, for safety reasons.
And why exactly a police force, well… if this story really goes on the rails then this shall be a spolier.

1 Like

What can the mc be the God of you said war and peace what else
Ps I’m very interested love games like this especially with a unique and powerful protagonist.

1 Like