Interest Check Thread

When you say no magic, you mean functional fantasy magic, right? Not folklore and seidr?

2 Likes

I plan to stick to historical events, but that your character might actually affect and change some of them differently. I also plan that epilogue would be about someone reading the book of nordic history in modern day, thousands of years later, where they actually mention your character at the end and make the person read out loudly about what history books write about you and your viking achievements. He/she will read if your deeds made you look like a cruel viking, a random raider or a viking hero after your death to the future mankind. (If ya know what i mean)

3 Likes

I meant I wont do any kind of power/magic. Ex: firebending, black magic etcā€¦ No ā€¦ None of them

1 Like

Sooooā€¦I meant to post this on Halloween but whatever.

Iā€™ve been having these two ideas float around my head for a while. Both of them are urban supernatural fantasy, and both have horror elements. They also have power fantasy elements as well.

Note for a fact that these are ideas, I donā€™t have everything fleshed out. I literally just wrote this down not too long ago. Iā€™m also debating on having multiple pov shifts in the storiies to see the story from other characterā€™s point of views.

WIP IDEA #1

You play the oldest child of the family, attacked on Halloween night after protecting your younger brother while trick r treating. Presumed dead, you are buried but re awoken on the tenth anniversary of your death

Only you arenā€™t a zombie. Youā€™re a vampire.

Much has changed in the world since you were gone. The paranormal world has been revealed to the public, and tensions are high. Manage your newfound blood lust and navigate this strange new world. Will you bridge the divide between the supernaturals and humans? Or watch as the world falls apart before you.

Yeah I know vampires are kind of done to death, but I want to give it a chance.

WIP IDEA #2

A ski hiking trip with friends takes a turn for the worst when your group is caught in a sudden snowstorm. You find shelter in a nearby cave and wait the storm out, and when morning comes, three members of your group go out to seek help, leaving you with a close friend of yours. Days go by without rescue, and your food supply was dwindling fast. You and your friend become restless, hungry, and plagued by frightening dreams.

Eventually the hunger takes a toll, changing your life forever.

If you couldnā€™t guess this game idea is about Wendigos. This idea, if I were to go through with it, would be darker than the vampire wip. The supernatural world in this wip isnā€™t out in the open like the first.

Iā€™m not sure which idea to flesh out more into a proper demo. I like both of them, and I donā€™t want to trash out either of them out. So can you guys help me out?

Which idea do you guys like better?

• Wip #1
  • Wip #2

0 voters

3 Likes

Thereā€™s not enough games about canibals.

2 Likes

True, trueā€¦

1 Like

Got two new WIPs boiling. Titles are both still pending, by the way. Really need help making titlesā€¦

Spacehouse Rock
Youā€™re a rockstar! Well, three rockstarā€™s. And millions of years in the future. Yeah, you are a three (wo)man band trying to hit it big in the age of spaceships, aliens, and lasers. Youā€™ll go through a different wacky rush of an adventure each episode (Which are dubbed as sessions) as you try to hit the top. But each will involve music in one way or another. Now then, onto the protagonists.

The Leader
You used to be part of the biggest rock group out there. The one everyone in the galaxy loved and listened to non-stop. You and your old band had started in high school then clawed your way to the top, through many challenges. But the exact day your band finally hit number one in the universe you were booted out the band by the leader, who used to be your best friend before (s)he made you all sell out and got a huge ego problem. Over ten years later youā€™re ready to start again. You will use your industry knowledge, song writing prowess, and epic drumming skills to lead your new band to number one and achieve what you almost hadā€¦ be it for revenge, to show the world you donā€™t need to sell out to hit it big, or a whole other reason is up to you, but youā€™ll lead the way through the galaxy.

The Face
In the galaxy there exists a government, but it is nothing. Just a figure head basically, the real power lies with the corporations around the galaxy, which own entire planets and have unmatched authority. And you used to be the heir to one of them. Until you were thrown out your home with no explanation and shipped out to a backwater planet with not even a penny to your name. Years later youā€™re going to use your awesome guitar power, amazing voice, and great looks to help your band reach the top. Whether you wish to take your place as the heir to your dadā€™s corp, tear down your dads corp, take it a step forward and try to get rid of the corporation ruled life style everyone has to deal with, or take it to the max and try to start an entire rebellion against the corporations and government is up to you, but no matter what your face will soon be scattered across rock posters, wanted posters, and news headlines everywhere.

The Brains
The only alien of the protagonists, the brains is an extremely smart individual who will use his/her/their knowledge to navigate the galaxy and manage the band, while also using his/her/itā€™s keyboard skills to rock the galaxy. As for everything elseā€¦ he/she/they wonā€™t say. You will have to discover the brains backstory as you travel the galaxy and gig on every type of planet. But be warned, some secrets may be better left untold.

You will choose your band genre, from reviving the about to die forever jazz to the still underrated country to the extremely popular electronica, which will effect your experience from gig to gig as well as fans. Choose whether you value integrity and music or sell out for big bucks. Fight the man, or join him. Recruit other members of your band to help your music or style in exchange for splitting the profit you get. Choose your own space ship, weapons, instruments, land vehicle, and more. Use a unique trait system to decide your strength and weaknesses. Save a planet, fight a zombie apocalypse, get super powers, and more on your crazy experience throughout a crazy galaxy.

Be Mortal
Another multiple protagonist story, this one in a different vein. Rather than together, these two protagonists will be against each other for most of the story, but whether it stays that way depends on you.

The Villain
You are an evil, diabolical overlord in a big scary castle with hordes of demons at your command, who will terrorize and conquer the world. Or maybe you are a reserved genius who wishes to be left alone as they build amazing clockwork robots never seen before in their metal fortress. Or maybe you are a benevolent prodigy who uses the new plant life and species you create in your giant living home to help the miserable people struggling in a dying world filled with monsters and villains instead of taking advantage of the chaos. Follow the classic evil big bad troupes or completely subvert them and be a great individual who uses their great knowledge for others in this sci-fi high fantasy mix.

Choose to invent clockwork and steampunk beings and eventually upgrade to futuristic mecha robots. Or choose to create new plant life never before seen and eventually upgrade to animals then people, and make your own new race. Or use your great magic to summon small demons and imps until you are powerful enough to bring entities capable of leveling entire islands. Or even mix and match.

Will you manage to defeat all your rival villains and those idiot heroes to become the greatest being alive? Will you sacrifice your humanity in order to strengthen your powers? Will you sacrifice hundreds of innocents for your goals? Or will you burn out on the way?

Make an army of mechs, ghouls, or animals for your ambition. Create all new life for fame. Make your own perfect bride/husband, or kidnap one, or do both, or find love somewhere else. Create an unstoppable bodyguard like no other. Enhance your own body until you are a great wizard, the perfect specimen, or even a cyborg. Make the world hate or adore you. And when the champion comes with his/her god, you had better be ready for your greatest challenge.

The Champion
You were created by a god to be her championā€¦ but what kind of champion will you be? Will you be the classic heroic chosen one who saves princesses from castles and makes the world love them? Or will you become a monstrous enforcer who kills anyone who doesnā€™t bow to their god and is feared throughout the land? Or will your personal ambitions lead you to betray your god and try to attain godhood yourself?

Develop your powers to turn yourself into a great knight in shining or darkened armor with strength unparalled and the fortitude of the earth itself, a grand and powerful wizard who can bend reality in impossible ways with so much as the flick of a wrist, or an assassin who blends with the shadows and can stick a dagger into anyone then disappear with the blink of an eye.

Travel through the kingdoms of humans, elves, dwarves, undead and more (and choose which race you yourself are) as you try to spread the worship of your god as much as you can. Be careful, not every race is on good terms with each other and gaining some allies may make you some enemies. Gain new powers, weapons, armors, and mounts as your gods dedication grows, every new person makes her and you more powerful. And go up against rival champions and gods as you further your goals.

Save a prince, tame a dragon, become a king/queen, get a harem, and find out the mysterious secrets the god who claimed they created you are hiding as you struggle to try and shake their hold on you (Or further it). Sacrifice your powers for independence and mortality, or build them for divinity. And when the time comes to face the villain, pray to every god you have amassed enough power and allies.

And thatā€™s all folks. Need to see if either of these are good enough.

• Spacehouse Rock
  • Be Mortal
  • Neither
  • Both

0 voters

3 Likes

This sounds awesome! Just a few suggestions, if you donā€™t mine:

1. Odette seems a bit too perfect for my taste. Maybe have her be aware of how popular she is rather than denying it. You donā€™t have to make her a raging bitch but I think it would flesh her out a bit more.
  2. I canā€™t take the names ā€œDo,Re & Miā€ seriously (sorry to anyone actually named that). I know that they all share a brain but maybe a bit more realistic name would be preferable. Like ā€œApril, May, and June.ā€ Just food for thought.
    3.Maybe the whip and the hand mirror should switch powers, since I canā€™t wrap my head around how a whip could reveal anything.
    These are just my thoughts and I eagerly wait to play the demo.
2 Likes

Lol I was trying to go for graceful popular girl character since sheā€™s part bird and has the name of the swan princess from swan lake. Iā€™ll try to find a way to make her less perfect ^^.

I imagined their mother Lorelei name them after musical notes. But kinda like your name suggestions too so I might change them.

Oh the reason it reveals enemies is because of Ivy from soul caliber. Hereā€™s a video youā€™ll see how the whip reveals enemies in the beginning:

1 Like

So will there be more weapons cause i am really not a fan of the ones chosen.

1 Like

I was thinking of adding a shield as a weapon? But thatā€™s the only one Iā€™m thinking about. Not really good with weapons ideas more of a spell caster or beast tamer. So weapon suggestions are always welcomed.

1 Like

A sword and shield maybe or a spear or a gun or a magical gun or a bow.

1 Like

Iā€™m a sucker for a good villain protagonist story and this seems like it could be a nice throwback to Diabolical which was one of my favorite COGā€™s i ever played. I like the sound of the setting and this sounds like it would be a blast so I look forward to your updates with great enthusiasm.

1 Like

Diabolical? I actually didnā€™t know about that one until you brought it upā€¦

2 Likes

I highly recommend it as it is one of the few COGā€™s where you start and end as the bad guy though the degree of how bad is up to you. It is a good fit and I truly wish there were more COG games like it out there which is the reason for my support of this one.

2 Likes

Ah. So I take it you are planning to have both your characters be evil?

2 Likes

Iā€™d say less evil and more lets call it thorough. In my Diabolical playthrough my MC didnā€™t go out of his way to kill since corpses attract attention and leaving folks alive gives more options down the line. However that being said just because he didnā€™t kill all the time didnā€™t mean he wasnā€™t willing to if it came down to it. I would say in these games I tend to go more anti-hero as a good guy who is completely unafraid to get his hands dirty if it comes down to it but doesnā€™t see the point of adding to his body count otherwise.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be sure to add options that reflect that playstyle

1 Like

Iā€™m honestly not surprised that the Wendigo Wip would do well. Iā€™ll start plotting down the story shortly.

Iā€™m not expecting to make a full demo until some time early 2019 thoā€¦

2 Likes

I was not aware of this game. My bad.

1 Like