Interest Check Thread

That sounds interesting

1 Like

Haha don’t worry abt it, I reply late too

Now a couple more answers ;):
Would romance be an option? - Ofc!! So far I’m not so deep into the dev process to give their definite roles in MC’s development (hence the original interest check just being an ‘idea’), but I’m planning around 3-4 ROs, all gender filppable. And to give yourself a clue on that plant!MC idea: I dont see myself writing leaf seggs for the time being :face_with_peeking_eye:

is the mc’s origin? kinda common? like are there other people like the mc? - When the story starts everyone in MC’s village is of MC’s kind, though we’re gonna have to stop here to avoid spoiler territory :raised_hand: :eye: :lips: :eye:

does the mc have any plant features? or is being different noticeable (if of course the mc’s origin is rare) - Hmm I originally wanted to leave this up to the player’s imagination (completely humaniod vs. a literal tree? Same difference :)) though if we were to go by what was originally in mind, MC would be 100% humanoid at first glance :ok_hand:

And don’t be sorry! Your questions were a joy to answer and I"m glad you’re so adamant in showing interest :heart:

Thank youuu!!! I’m probably going to post a more fleshed out interest check in a few weeks or so, so stay tuned :smiley:

11 Likes

The Elven Detective: Wolf City Nights

Your name is Detective Roraxi (row-raa-shee)

You are the top elven detective in the ruthless Wolf City, you are the ONLY elven detective in Wolf City. A city where elves are second class citizens. Your practice is against human law. None of your cases stick in any human court, even if the culprit is a human. So you take matters into your own hands as a vigilante detective.

Humanity and their allies have tried their hardest to stomp out the old ways of your people, but the elves are hanging on in secret. They seek you out to solve cases involving your people that the Wolf City Police department tosses out, which is all of them. With nothing but your familiar, your wits, your secretary a flighty yet flirtatious elf named Vicky, and the clothes on your back, can you survive on the cold streets of Wolf City?

While straight and bisexual are options, this is mainly a BL game, the outcome of each relationship however, good or bad, depends on your choices.

• Male gender locked

• Play as gay, straight or bisexual

• Player selected first name

• Play an elf detective who has to solve a variety of crimes from murders to thefts. Your starting stats dictate your success in early cases.

• Romance shady characters who all have their own motives

• Uncover the mysterious circumstances behind the fall of your species.

• And much, much more.

Extra Details

The Midnight Crew- your old detective crew, you try not think about them much after, The Incident

The Ancient Runes- choose between five different runes to tattoo on your palm to represent your spirit guide. It determines your starting stats

The Telith- the tattoo on some part of your body that determines the other part of your stats by determining which god you worship

The Ma’va- the hidden room in your agency where you connect with the spiritual plane of elven kind, used to communicate with other elves who are unable to meet you physically . The other runes are etched into the wall in this room, you must use them to pray to the gods before you can access the magic of the Ma’va

The room has two customizable options, Forest and Castle, with four sub options, The Dark Forest, The Shining Forest, the Grand Castle and the Shadow Palace

Vicky Hallowthorn- Vicky is an androgynous genderqueer male elf with a love of gossip, the arcane and making the perfect cup of tea. He absolutely adores you to pieces.

ROs

Jane - a female human WCPD officer you meet while investigating a specific murder. She’s extremely interested in finding out more about you. Why? And is it a good or bad thing?

Spades- your old partner in The Midnight Crew, a suave and sensual elf with a mischievous glint in his eye. He’s always been by your side, but now he’s locked up at PURPLE CHESSBOARD the highest security prison in Wolf City. After you visit with him, he escapes

The Client
Count Felas (name pending) Dyrnaint- the first client you had in seven years, he’s rather quiet, a very rich and influential elf even though that only really matters among your people. He’s desperate for help in solving the murder of his brother, Count Louis, your former client.

Kima ‘Snowman’ Hombre- his wanna be femme fatale half elf wife, she goes by her maiden name of Hombre. She is cheating on her husband. She is a possible client, but might lock you out of Felas as a client. She seeks you out to find out if her lover, Lord Saxon, is cheating on her.

28 Likes

đ„đłđžđ€đžđ„â€™đŹ đđ«đąđđž

Tag: “A very loosely inspired take on “Beauty and the Beast”, “Cinderella”, and a bit of Arthurian legend. And also Fae!”

Idea: I’m very new, and terrible!, at coding and wanted to create a smaller scoped game as a learning experience. And putting together all my favorite things, and things I’d like to personally see in a game, has landed me here. It’s essentially a bit slice-of-life to start, following the life of the mc as she grows up in a glittering court and her relationships with the other main characters, but as the game continues the plot picks up and develops to be more intense. And angsty. And a bit dark. But a lot of romance!

More specifics: The mc is gonna be locked to a girl, I’m sorry. :c The main purpose of this game is focused on the relationship between the mc and her husband, Ezekel, which is where the bulk of the romance will happen, but there will be two characters with their own “paths” as well. The main stats in this game are just personality and how the characters react to you, and your affect on them, but also choices that you make and their own consequences on the story. (No right or wrong)

Non-flowery, straight-to-the-point, non-spoilery plot: You are the youngest daughter of a small, but increasingly powerful, merchant kingdom, extremely beautiful but born out of an affair. Your mother, who is really your step-mother and father’s second wife, resents and abuses you for this, as do your siblings, particularly the two daughter’s of your mother. Your fate is decided at a young age as you become the sacrificial lamb to the Charming Court (colloquial pet name only), a kingdom that is on its way to becoming an empire, where everything glitters like jewels. You are married to the rumored “beastly prince” who is said to be cursed and cruel, even at such a young age. The story follows you as you grow up, your relationship with him and the two main characters but in a dark fairytale slice-of-life kinda way, and then starts rapidly developing as you discover your husband’s true nature, become cursed yourself, get pulled into a mystery you wish no part in, and navigate the waters of two courts.

Flower plot blurb: Redoing atm

Character personality blurbs:

Ezekel (pronounced Eh-za-kell) “aka role of Arthur” “aka role of the Beast”:
as a child: calculating, much warmer than his image portrays, but good at getting what he wants, intelligent, also a bit cold to those he doesn’t deem important

as an adult: oh boy what happened. cruel, sarcastic, prideful, and manipulative, charming, deceitful but also kind, generous personality masked by his negative traits, hates to be pinned down to anything, self-absorbed, lies a lot, likes to tease, deep, deeep, deeeeeep, down is a very good person. probably??? maybe??? can be be a bit ruthless. viscous. mean. terrible horrible no good very bad. but thoughtful, and maybee a lil vulnerable

Lukan “aka lancelot” “aka prince charming”
as a child: when he’s younger he’s playful, compassionate, a lil dorky in private, as in would never show you of his own volition, mischievous. though he is kind, he isn’t shy or a pushover and is quite assertive. very charming, dreamy, outgoing, “loved by all” type. type to make anybody feel welcome

as an adult: as he gets older he loses, or rather hides, hides his childness but retains his level headed ness. becomes far more serious, stoic, tired, responsible, disregards himself for his duties and any behavior not befitting of them. knightly, princely, can have a little, just tinyyyy bit, bit of a vanity, but he knows he can afford it, but is still the charming, ever-the gentleman, portrayal he is required, at least in face. far more manufactured than before. enigmatic, like a sun

Alette “aka Morgana” “aka kinda, very loosely, inspired as a step-sister from cinderella”
As a child: Younger, she was raised to be a bit spoiled. Very hot headed and brash and quick to do whatever she wants regardless of the consequences, but propelled by her own sense of what is right or not without regard to how it comes off. Very intelligent and outspoken.

As an adult: However, as she ages and suffers through hardships, she becomes far more self-aware and aware of political outstanding’s. Still quick to speak her mind however, only now far more befitting of the spoken art that is playing the courts. Cheeky, intelligent, and fiercely protective of those she cares about, never refuses a challenge, an ever burning flame.

???: A man seeming to pull so many strings, connected to your husband and finds this situation amusing. Seems to know a great deal about things he shouldn’t. (I wish I could spoil this right here, but everybody needs a mysteryyyyyyyyy oooohhohohoh character.)

Last words and a bit more explanation: There won’t be huge branching, but the choices you do make will make a difference. The stats again are mainly personality, and how it changes as you age, and how characters react different to you because of it. Just an angsty romance with befitting characters. I have always loved games where you are married to a king, and also slice of life moments, but also a more overarching plot, so here this is. Not a super deep or thoughtful idea, let’s be real it’s a typical tyrant ml trope aha, but hopefully deep and memorable interactions with the cast with more flesh to them than first glance. Any comments, thoughts, or feedback would be lovely, thank you! :DD

Also, edit and disclaimer: I promise my writing style is far different from this post, with far less mistakes. Just quickly trying to the technicalities down haha :,)

32 Likes

Sounds awesome!

Aaaaand I’m out.

18 Likes

No worries c: I know that by the more limited you make a game the more you limit your audience. It’s completely understandable if that decision is not for you. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and for the comment! <3

10 Likes

Hi all :slight_smile: I hope you are well! I have been hemming and hawing over the direction I want to take my game so I thought I’d overcome my lurker-itis to ask about it here. Firstly, the game. It is what I want to call a science-fantasy-solarpunk-cottagecore-action-adventure-romance.
What do you mean that’s not a real genre??

It is pure self-indulgence, like a sundae with all the toppings!

Ouroboros *working title. It was different last week. Lol.

Synopsis

Before the event, when Rivens forest was a handful of trees, there was a village right at the edge of the tree-line. Your village.
It was unremarkable, quiet; the only thing of note was the well. It was magic, the water splendid; the people that knew about it walked for miles to drink their fill. It had regenerative properties and sometimes, under certain circumstances, it granted unpredictable powers.

It was inevitable, then, that this secret would come out. And when it did, everything changed.
The well split at the seams and for 200 and some years the forest has grown and grown, covering the earth.
Every living thing that imbibed the wells spreading water changed. First came immortality for humans, then the animals, but most importantly, everything that drank the water mutated. The forest filled with creatures never seen before; horrifying goliaths and adorable frog-cats alike. Humans branched off into new species, too. Some with fangs, some with horns, some with fungi growing from their pointed ears, some with gills, some with
 You get the point.

The guards that were sworn to protect the well banded together in Riven to now protect the small, surviving population from the attacks that kept occurring-- the same goliaths and beasts that prowled the forest started attacking nightly. Together, the people in Riven built a defensive wall - The Hedge. This organic structure ran around Riven and connected to it was a series of boardwalks that weaved through the tree-tops of this infinite forest, like a web above the lethal forest floor.
Here you volunteered as a hedgerunner, until tragedy struck.

Forced into retirement, you now live in your precious cabin in a safe part of the forest. Isolated. Lonely. And with a whole lot of trauma, either healing from it or still in it’s clutches.
One day a letter is delivered to you, one that summons you back to (a now technologically advanced) Riven and its massive hedge.
Here your adventure starts as you are asked to join the guard again, taking up the role of a hedgerunner and being assigned a new team. Together you set off on a new journey into the wild forest, one that will leave you learning about the well just as much as it will stump you with new revelations. Who will you trust and work with? How will Riven change as a growing city? How does your past affect your future? Where do you stand as the secrets of the well unravel?

While definitely plot-heavy the real core to the story are the characters; your companions and their backstories, as well as your own past and how that has shaped you.

Features
  • Play as gay, straight, non-binary, romancing accordingly (finished, implemented, but I am looking at options on how to work with an asexual route)

• Extensive character creator, choice of origin and more customization in general (finished, implemented, might be added upon)

• A cast of characters I have tinkered with for years, gender-swappable RO’s, but still developed enough that I hope it feels organic; each of them have a different thematic connection to the PC (WIP, fully plotted and some incorporated in the story so far)

• Adult romance (optional explicit scenes) that grows over time (WIP, fully plotted and some key moments already written)

• Combat affinity: will you be stealthy and graceful, brutish and strong, use your wisdom or deduction? (WIP, but its implemented in the story so far. I have not added different weapon choices yet)

• Complex personality meter that characters react to (finished, implemented in story so far)

• Moral choices rather than widely branching story (though there is still some deviations); changing the context of your PC’s actions rather than the setting, if that makes sense?

• A plot with both action and downtime, but this is also what I want to ask about so let’s move on -

If you took the time to read through all that, I thank you! I have barely spoken about it with anyone in my life so it is a bit scary, but I am excited too. This is a passion-project for sure.

I still want other people to (hopefully) play and enjoy this game so I wanted to ask you what you think is overly self-indulgent. For some context, I love interactive fiction for the atmosphere and space you as a player gets to inhabit, not just the plot or the action-beats. I desperately want to fill my plot with downtime, where the player just gets to wander around and hang out, without any game-altering consequences to the overarching plot - say the PC gets a page of choices of exploring this and that or take a moment to do x, but very often. This would sometimes involve a RO, or other characters, but I also like the theme I’ve built around loneliness and isolation in contrast to the vastness of infinity and I’d like to explore that.

How many of those moments is too much, slowing down the pace? Or should I have an option to skip the whole introspection/exploration whenever it occurs? (But that would mean that they wont get to be as meaningful, as I can’t have any details/choices that have relevance to the story?)

How much downtime do you like in your (own or played) games?

51 Likes

It’s your story at the end of the day, which means you can leave them out of course, but at the same time it means you can simply make them fit if you want to.

6 Likes

Thank you, I guess I’ll just have to see and decide as I go along with the story.

1 Like

So, like an idiot, I pulled another all-nighter and ended falling asleep with my work and managed to lose the entire blurb
 super annoying, having to start from scratch. But! I do have artwork! So here’s a look at what many painstaking hour in Artbreeder got me!

“Perfect” Tony and Tori Bludwald (Pronounced Blued Vall’d)

Summary

Tony is 6 ft tall, While Tori is 5 ft 6 inches. Both have long flowing hair akin to Bono’s beautiful mullet circa '84, with a smooth Carolina Gullah lilt to there accent. They are both on the slim side of average for their body types, but with well defined muscle tone. My dream casting for them would be Tom Hiddleston and Ana de Armas, both of whom I greatly treasure. Hiddleston as Hank Williams and de Armas as Joi(Blad Runner 2049) are some of my favorite performances in the past decade.

Freja and Frej

Summary

Freja and Frej are both 4 ft 9, with thick, long hair, that they often keep pulled back (like Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria)
There accents are distinctly Latinx. They are stocky and toned. Built like a mallet. My dream casting would likely be Gina Carano and Diego Luna. Both actors can bring the leadership qualities I see in the seasoned veteran, alongside the spunk and intensity I require.

That’s all I have for now. I hope to get more work done in general, but I can at least say within the week I will have the art and description blurbs for Andy/Andi & Kath. Thanks for putting up with me y’all! Let me know what you think.

5 Likes

Why not? As I recall there already are some IF without stats with focus on the story only, and they did good. You can always add them later.

1 Like

Interesting. Can’t wait for the demo

When you binged Succession, watch Encanto, and love true crime
 well
 what else can you expect from me :rofl:

Would you people be interested in something like this?

Welcome to Insert-Rich-Family-Name-Here!

Summary

You can’t choose your family, but you can choose who you want to be when you are around them.

In Insert-Rich-Family-Name-Here, you can play a wealthy billionaire living their best life, who is on their way to attend their grandfather’s funeral at the old family estate.

After the funeral, the family lawyer will read the last will of your grandfather, then you’re supposed to find out if you’ll get an inheritance or not.

Except, your grandfather was known to be eccentric with a weird sense of humor. What is supposed to be a short family gathering, and the last goodbye to an old man, quickly change into the hunting of a killer, when the will of your grandfather states that there is a murderer among the surviving family members.

The rules are simple.

-You have one month to discover who the killer is and turn them to the police to get your inheritance.
-Be the first to find out who is the killer to get your inheritance.
-If the killer surrender before you discover their identity, you lose your inheritance.
-If the month ends before you discover who the killer is, you lose your inheritance.

It’s time to spy on your family members and bring out the skeletons hiding in the closet.

Who is the killer? Your cold and sarcastic cousin Tess or one of her twin brothers. Maybe it’s uncle Rob, who always seems too happy whatever the situation.

Could it be your aunt Flo, who is quiet and reserved, and only cares about her charity organizations.

Better yet, is it your older brother, also known as the family beloved?

Who knows, at least it’s not the butler! Anyway, happy hunting!

PS: Three potential ROs.
-The family lawyer.
-The detective.
-Your bodyguard.

Anyway
 that’s what it looks like so far, will make a thread if there’s enough interest. :thinking:

Edit I made a thread in the hobby project section. Thanks to everyone who gave it a try.

58 Likes

Oh it is 3 o’clock in the morning, I have to work in a few hours, but instead of sleeping, I am reading this, what s more to say.
I love it, can’t wait to read more. :star_struck::+1:

5 Likes

@Kaelyn Thank you. I know I can always count on you reading my weird stuff haha also
 go to bed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks @Eiwynn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@CC_Hill – I love your idea. Please continue to explore it, I think you’d do well with it.

:two_hearts:

5 Likes

Interesting. Reminds me of the movie Knives Out except that we’re a family member instead of part of the staff (nurse in the movie)

5 Likes

@Clara_Wolfenstein yes knives out was an inspiration too thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Great film

1 Like

Absolutely

3 Likes