Interest Check Thread

It’s just an idea for now. It’s too early to write down a story yet

1 Like

Understandable, thank you for the comments.
Side note: too busy with life to actually consider such a move, but I’ll leave it on the back burner.

1 Like

A related discussion from a while back:

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/salvaging-or-stealing/1132

4 Likes

Better to come up with something from the ground up based off an idea you wish the previous work had instead of trying to make a spinoff.

That’s what I say anyway. … Not that I got any further in that babysitting plush robots idea.

2 Likes

I guess you changed the 45, you created hobby with, with the name guitar playing. Since choicescript gives variables the possibility of being numbers or names, it just replaces the variable when you tell it to. You should create an extra variable for the name of the hobby

1 Like

@Kr15_007

What you need are two things. First, you need to create a separate thread under the ChoiceScript Help category, so that the people who know how to help you can find your post. Second, you need to print screen your code. Not sure whether you photographed it with your phone or something, but it’s not a helpful way to work.

Try this:

4 Likes

This one should probably be done by someone that knows the sorts of stuff I’m referencing.

You play some random person in a fantasy RPG world that had black and white morality. I say “had” because something has come to the world and seems to have killed the power of destiny itself.

I hope this doesn’t come off as one of those cynical deconstructions.

Former “random encounters” (not random in the actual story) could probably become friends in such a setting.

I’m still kind of set on that supernatural idea though despite not getting further progress.

2 Likes

Would we get to pick our weapon and if so what’s the stats

1 Like

Please please please please make a prison game. I would eat that up!!!

1 Like

It’s not really a real Prison game, but I made this two years ago for a class assignment (I had to write about Women in Prison). Took me two weeks to write, and it’s far from being flawless or really finished, but if it can help others, I’m glad. There is a list of useful links that can serve as resources.

https://dashingdon.com/go/962

3 Likes

Frenchie :hugs:

1 Like

I decided to make a prison game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright. Tell me what you think of this:

You’re dumped out of a huge rift in the sky into a strange, vast island. The island is dominated by four Orders, each with their own specialty, ranks, teaching and fighting. They live in a state of semi-war. You are forced into any of the four Orders. You can climb your way up the ranks and eventually reach the top of any of the Orders, you can try for ultimate peace between them all or descend them into flat out war, and other paths I have yet to decide. Interested?

5 Likes

@Blank @Jackpot1776 I’m still trying to grind away at my prison game, but I have a feeling @NaughtyDuck is going to finish first.

1 Like

I don’t think copyright will ever expire as Disney won’t allow Mickey Mouse to enter the public domain. Your two generations thing does put the finger on the sore point. If copyrights are indefinite they become tools of generational wealth transfer to a smaller and smaller portion of “heirs” while the public is expected to pay for the enforcement yet get none of the benefits. Since the public benefit is supposed to be that creative works should enter into the public domain within a reasonable timeframe.
Which is why I support copyright reform that makes the current minimum 50-year term under Berne the maximum. In addition, I think that for corporate works or when a creator transfers his or her enforceable copyrights it should be registered to prevent orphan works.

3 Likes

I remember this.

La Panthere Francaise - good to hear from you once again.

3 Likes

Need some help with my soon WIP titled “Flora’s Floriography
Good day everyone!

Basically, this poll will help me develop stuff for my WIP titled “Flora’s Floriography” Not sure where to post this since the “Interest Check thread” said once I made a demo I could like make a WIP thread but sadly I don’t have a demo out yet. To be safe I’m posting it here at the “Interest Check thread” If this post is not for this thread I’ll move or delete this post.

Still coding it on (Choicescript) and revising, Link for game is not yet posted for Public testing, but will post soon. (Probably around the “Ber” Months. I’m still confused with some choicescript codes. Apologies’)

Which of the following flower/floral arrangements are you guys familiar with? (I just need to get a feel on what the players will understand and not understand about the whole flower/floral arrangements. I’ll adjust it depending on responses)

• Cascade
  • Crescent
  • Elliptical
  • Fan shaped
  • Horizontal
  • Oval shaped
  • Triangular
  • Vertical
  • None of the above!
  • Wait…Flower arrangements have names?

0 voters

For a game that is aimed at flower arrangements. Does increasing or decreasing a said aptitude for flower/floral arrangement seem fair? (Example: You trained for Elliptical and Horizontal, but neglect Triangular arrangement. The stats will increase Elliptical and Horizontal, but will decrease Triangular arrangement.)

• Author’s choice.
  • Increase and decrease stats
  • Make a permanent stat stating the Player character’s “Boon or a bane”
  • Meh, I don’t know what to choose. Whatever is fine.
  • Only increase stats

0 voters

Would you guys like to add a fun facts page on the stats screen? (This is for a more detailed explanation of flower/floral arrangements and flowers with accompanying meanings.)

• Author’s choice.
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Are you guys cool with the game being locked as a Female protagonist?

• Author’s choice.
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Thank you, guys!

6 Likes

I’d be very interested in a deaf hero. Blind fighters seem to be the go-to, but I’ve never seen a playable one. I think a deaf fighter would be absolutely plausible without making “blind monk magic” an intrinsic factor of the game. I’d love to see how it works out. Please write it. :grin:

3 Likes

Very excited to see that this thing is moving forward! I’m looking forward to it. If you have any difficulties with coding or testing, feel free to drop me a DM.

3 Likes

I am not okay with being locked as female due it sounds sexist. In my country there were a thing about florist boys weren’t manly or had to be gay by default. Same fame had tailors and hair stylists. So It sounds like hmmm bad to me.

4 Likes