Interest Check Thread

Would anyone be interested in a game about psychology (as in the main character of the game is just your regular psychologist)?

12 Likes

@zenith8 what about using psychology to help solve crimes? The MC being a teacher of psychology and using that knowledge, helping a detective solve high profile cases. Maybe some romance options too. Just a idea, thought it might help.

3 Likes

This sounds like a super fun idea and I would 100% read it.
I am curious how the impersonation is possible (I assume it has something to do with the magic)
As for the tentative title… It immediately made me think of Dragon’s Den (the reality TV show), which is probably not what you want :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’d rather see one about a psychologist actually working as a psychologist and dealing with patients. Good detective stories, in my opinion, tend to need grounding in evidence a little harder than the imprecise (not to say worthless) results of psychology.

Of course, many good detective stories end up featuring some level of mind games, but they’re rarely the kind you’d need to be a trained psychologist to understand, and are just a means of getting the actual evidence. You could have a psychologist doing all this, but at that point, why not just do a regular detective story?

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m excited to start writing it! For the impersonation part, I’ll hint there is no magic involve :wink: maybe faith or coincidence but not “magic” hehe

Oof! I totally forgot about Dragon’s Den hmn… I guess it’s back to the drawing board for the title

2 Likes

I am extremely heavily inspired by Tokyo Revengers and K Project rn, decided to work on a delinquent project! Cybernetic Dissidia is going to take a long long long long long time, this game however, once I get a new computer, should be out way faster.

Insert gang name here is the toughest high school gang around, their leader, known as Kaya is undefeated in battle. Regardless, their rivals are always trying to take a piece of their territory, what happens when a hopeful new recruit to insert gang name here enters the fray? It’s up to you to hold the group together when certain secrets threaten to tear it apart, or stand by and watch it fall in order to take power for yourself.

Its been four months since Lucky Cat attacked the temple base of insert gang name here, you find yourself stumbling upon the temple while you and your girlfriend/boyfriend are running from Lucky Cat members. Kaya sees potential in you, but you’ve never been confident in your fighting ability.

The gang takes you into the fold regardless.

Juggle school life during your third year at Homra High School and the thrill of knowing the gang has your back through tough times and good.

Are you ride or die?

The first book is the foundation, the next ones in the series will be in the adult section due to their heavy content.

As you can see the main gang doesn’t have a name yet, any suggestions after seeing the gang members?

• Play as male, trans, non binary though this is mainly a BL game!

• Gay or Bi

• No real romance options in the first game, but treat the characters right!

• Experience a world of delinquent gang life and beyond

• Fight for your friends or betray them!

• Befriend different characters, but be careful who you trust, you never know who is going to stab you in the back.

• Learn the secrets of Ashinaka City and more!

• Sell out to the cops! But beware.

• Fun times, lies and murder await! And gang wars! Lots of gang wars!

• Two different paths! Human and Elf! The elf gameplay is unique in that elves don’t have any special abilities unless they’re in a gang, the gang symbol tattoo they receive giving them their aura and powers!

Insert Gang Name Here Members

Gang Leader: Elf Path: Known as the Silent Rose Emperor
Name: Utanari Kasayami (call him this and die)

Nickname: Kaya
Bio: Kaya is silent most days, he doesn’t like to talk unless he absolutely has to. He spends most of his time with his brothers and The Grendel. The gang is more than just a collection of his friends to him, they are like family. He attends an alternate high school in the heart of the city. His past is checkered and if someone brings it up he gets visibly uncomfortable and usually silences them with a swift punch to the gut. Can usually be seen in six to ten inch steel heeled stilettos. He owns a flip phone and regularly gets his nails done in elaborate styles.

In the elf path Kaya is more outspoken and opinionated, he fights for elven delinquents to have a brighter future and to hopefully bring back the magic that was lost when humans stole it from the entire species. He is more a revolutionary leader and you can stand by his side, or throw him to his death.

Three paths, friendship, RO and enemy

Second In Command: Elf Path Known as The Silent Rose Advisor

Name: Akari Atsushi

Nickname: The Grendel

Bio: He has been by Kaya’s side since the start of the gang. They went to elementary school together and became fast friends after beating up a group of students who saw fit to attack their classmate and future fellow gang member, Bells. The Grendel is a kind hearted person but he doesn’t let things go easily and will viciously hunt someone down if they even think about wronging the gang, The Grendel puts the gang before his own life and would die for it and Kaya. He enjoys mountain biking.

In the elf path, The Grendel gained his gang name due to his immense strength and love of drinking the blood of his enemies. He stands by Kaya in all things, but can be convinced otherwise.

Future RO

First Squad Captain: Elf Path Known as The Head Silent Rose Knight

Name: Utanari Kayama

Nickname: Dragonfly (dragonfly earring. Dragonfly tattoos up both arms)

Bio: He is Kaya and Tofuyu’s older brother, he has a major crush on Hihori, whom hates his guts. He grew up in a the foster system in the human path, which makes him prone to violent outbursts. In the elf path, he grew up held captive in a basement by a human mage who was none too kind to him, his dragonfly themed fire starter power stems from those dark days. Get close enough to him and he’ll tell you about it sometime. He enjoys fantasy novels and training in the gym.

One of the ROs

First Squad Vice Captain: Elf Path: Known as the Silent Rose Knight Of First

Name: Yayui Hiyori

Nickname: Hihori

Bio: Hihori is shrouded in secrets that he is desperate to keep locked away. He rejects Dragonfly’s advances constantly due to the fact he is in love with Second Squad captain, Usakichi Usagimono, known to the gang as Crazy Rabbit. They grew up together and Hihori firmly believes that one day he will win Crazy Rabbit’s heart. He usually uses his fists in a fight but can be seen weilding nunchucks. He likes pop idols.

Second Squad Captain: Elf Path: Known as The Silent Rose Knight Of Second

Name: Usakichi Usagimono

Nickname: Crazy Rabbit

Bio: Crazy Rabbit doesn’t like just anyone calling him by his real name, he is the captain of the second squad of insert gang name here and takes his role seriously to the point of military levels. He however is a psycho on the battlefield and won’t hesitate to drop even a cop who gets too close. His deceased Vice Captain Snow Bunny was extremely important to him. He carries a katana but never unsheathes it. He enjoys Italian food and wants to see what mafia life is like.

Is an RO

Third Squad Captain: Elf Path: Known as The Head Silent Rose Knight Of Third

Name: Utanari Kifuyu

Nickname: Tofuyu (because he likes flavored tofu)

Bio: Younger brother of Kaya and Kayama, Tofuyu was deeply in love with Lucky Cat member, Wana. However a gang war broke out between insert gang name here and Lucky Cat and Tofuyu was forced to either kill Wana or let his vice captain die. His choice haunts him to this day, Wana loved him in return, and gave up his life to Tofuyu to stop Emime from killing a severely wounded Ak47. Tofuyu is a very closed off person who doesn’t trust anyone except the gang. He collects wines.

He is an RO, but romancing him will be extremely difficult in either path.

Third Vice Squad Captain: Elf Path: The Silent Rose Knight Of Third

Name: Taitoki Sanasa

Nickname: Ak47

Bio: AK47 is the vice captain of the third division, he’s a fun loving guy with a gun obsession. He absolutely loves collecting little ufo toys and frequently treats the gang to ice cream he steals from the sweets shop. He was nearly fatally wounded in a battle with Lucky Cat. He’s still in the hospital by the time you join the gang in the human path, in the elf path he’s holed up in the shaman’s hideaway under the janitor’s closet at your school because elves are not allowed to be treated in hospitals. He idolizes Kaya and does his best to serve insert gang name here. He owns a high end motorcycle.

Fourth Squad Captain: Elf Path:The Head Silent Rose Knight Of Fourth

Name: Batamu Kaneni

Nickname: Bells

Bio: Captain of the fourth squad, Bells is called as such because of the bells he keeps tied around his ankles and wrists. He likes to stand on top of the gas station the gang likes to hang out at and crow like an alarm bird to alert them of dangers. He is late to class most of the time and will make up excuses that grow more outlandish. He likes to paint in his free time and has a nervous tick where he shakes all his bells at least once before entering a room in both paths. He enjoys playing handheld games.

He MIGHT be an RO

Fourth Squad Vice Captain

Name: Yukomi Rasaki

Nickname: Shringara

Bio: Joined up when he was younger, has been with the gang ever since, Bells best friend since they were little. He likes cucumbers and eating salad glazed in mustard. His hobbies include pickpocketing, holding up gas stations and running from the cops. He likes to eat at fancy restaurants and skip the bill.

Fifth Squad Captian

Name: Tochi Kamerime

Nickname: Ragnarock

Bio: He doesn’t take no for an answer and can usually be found swindling people out of their cold hard cash. He’s the gang’s treasurer and uses his intellect as well as his brawn in battle. Can frequently be seen drinking black coffee mixed with vodka.

Fifth Squad Vice Captain

Name: Unknown

Nickname: Right

Bio: Right just kind of, showed up covered in blood to a gang meeting one day, volunteering to get jumped in on the spot if he could join the gang, proceeded to pull three badly beaten bound and gagged rival gang members out of his car and tossed them at Kaya’s feet. He never left, no one ever asked him to and he’s been the attack dog plus guardian devil of the gang ever since. He carries the gang’s flag and frequently beats people to death with it. Can usually be spotted either at the temple or Nya Nya’s Cat Cafe where the gang likes to hang out, eat pastries, pet cats and look gangsta.

In the elf path he is actually…

Anyway… he is a very mysterious RO

Former Second Squad Vice Captain

Name: Machi Kurumo

Nickname: Snow Bunny

Bio: Snow Bunny was a gentle soul. Originally opposed to violence, he joined the gang after an impassioned speech by Kaya swayed him when his house was the subject of a drive by shooting by a local gang in the area. He was introduced to insert gang name here by Crazy Rabbit who always looked out for him. His shy and quiet nature endeared him to everyone in the gang. His death has destroyed them all emotionally.

Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend

Female

Male

Bio: She/He has no given name at this time. However She/He is very sweet and supportive of your initial life goals, hoping that the two of you will go off to college together and get married one day. She/He is very shojo style in her/his outlook on life and sticks to your side like glue. She/He holds secrets of their own however…

Your boyfriend is EXTREMELY possessive

Your girlfriend REALLY HATES the gang

The Ashinaka City Police Department

Police Chief

Name: Shinjii Kiorisa

Nickname: Kiisa

Years with Department: 3

Bio: Kiorisa is a former gang member in a gang called The Blood Chalice. He joined the police force at 17 after leaving his gang due to the murder of his parents. He dropped out of school and joined the police force at 17. He became chief of police at 18 because no one else wanted the position after the chief was brutally murdered by The Lovely Dolls gang. He is currently 19 years old.

Vice Chief

Name: Totaro Rinaki

Nickname: Gauge

Years with department: 16

Bio At 35 Rinaki is a no nonsense cop who has taken out several gang members with extreme prejudice. He doesn’t hesitate to break up gang gatherings and is the first to jump on assignments. He still doesn’t like the fact Kiorisa is the police chief, due to his past gang activity and his youth. He is plotting to get Kiorisa kicked out of the department.

More Officers coming soon.

Lucky Cat

Gang Leader

Name: Satoru Emime

Nickname: Overlord

Bio: Overlord is rumored to have killed his lover, and former Lucky Cat gang leader, Perfume, reasons are unknown. He denies the rumors, stating that the previous leader Etsusu’s little brother Tamago is responsible for the death of, ‘the love of his life’ but in the end, he rose to become the commander of Lucky Cat. Rumors run that Overlord and Perfume killed the former leader, Etsusu. Overlord is a calculated individual who sees his gang as little more than game board pieces.

Former Gang Leader

Name: Oda Mikakayo

Nickname: Perfume

Bio: The former leader of Lucky Cat, he was supposedly killed by his lover. He was a determined leader who cared about his subordinates. He loved to race bikes alongside Emime. He oversaw the attack on AK47 which led to Wana’s death, rumors around the city say Tofuyu is the real killer…

Other members coming soon: Lil Whale, Wolf Fang, Picass0, 12 Kingdoms, Shark Attack, and more.

The other gangs members will be revealed if this gets enough traction. I don’t know when the demo will be out.

A note about your girlfriend/boyfriend, the one you don’t pick will be your best friend from middle school.

Fun fact, gang members never call each other by their real names unless their in private with the gang and even then they rarely do.

The premade names list will each be getting a different nickname from the gang, your custom name will be getting a default nickname that I will have a poll about.

Please give me your thoughts!

Title soon

Currently writing the prologue. Added Snow Bunny to the gang list

Set four months after Snow Bunny’s death, you’re getting your ass kicked in a bathroom.

I finally figured out a way to code from my iPad so I am doing that, hopefully I can get a WIP together sometime this week.

Prologue part one done.

Introducing Lovely Dolls gang members, brothers, Gang Leader Baby Doe and Second In Command Elder Doe

Working on the stats menu organization, adding Gang Information Sections.

15 Likes

@That1_trashman Sounds cool, brother. One question though, why not just call it Hell instead of Gahenna? I’m Atheist myself (not religious one bit) but i know the story of Heaven and Hell.

Well, technically Gehenna is not the same thing as Hell. In Judaism it is something more like Purgatory. So depending on which branch of Abrahamic tradition the game is drawing on, it may be the more suitable term.

1 Like

@FabricSeat Well, as i said, I’m atheist. I only know about (but don’t believe in) heaven and hell. I’m sorry if this annoys some religious people but everyone is entitled to have their own beliefs. And i so happen to believe in nothing :joy:

Sure, but it has nothing to do with what you personally believe. I’m just pointing out that Trashman may have chosen to use Gehenna instead of Hell because he wished to draw more on the Jewish conception of that place, as opposed to, say, the Christian Hell.

3 Likes

@FabricSeat Ah, right. Got ya :joy:

I’m working in my next demo and due to something I’m putting into the game (I don’t think has been done before) I had a TERRIBLE idea. Would their be any interest in a multi-player game? Basically turn based and you hand your device over to player two and they play their part and you take your turn etc.

If sounds interesting what type of genre would you be interested in?

3 Likes

Didn’t know that was possible sounds cool.

1 Like

@TheYaoiEmpire
It would have to be a “pass the device,” set up.

Ah I see, awesome.

1 Like

Coding wouldn’t be too difficult to do.

Sounds like a great idea, hope it goes well. Looking forward to it

1 Like

Hello all! I’ve wanted to try making my own game for a while, and I’d love to see if this idea piques any interests? Right now it’s still a semi-abstract WIP, though I’ll post another update here if this idea shows enough promise :wink:

Summary

You are a child of Silva Viridis, tethered to the Earth from whence you sprouted, and second only to the Keepers. Mellow rain and docile winds, —cultivated by your kind—, are all you know. So when the taleweaver’s apprentice vanishes into the night, your village is thrown into chaos, the Keepers are roused from their languor, and you are tasked with finding the apprentice before you, too, lose your way.

Because they say what is lost should stay hidden forever.

Please don’t hesitate to raise any questions or concerns! :smiley:

13 Likes

you have such a fancy way with words. now from what im getting, either its a very elborate way to say that the mc is human or that the mc has an affinity with plants which honestly is pretty cool. now with the questions.

what are the purpose of a keeper?
what is a keeper?
regarding the first line being that the mc is first and the keepers are second, what does that mean? by power? is the mc a god of some sorts?
is silva viridis a person? a powerful being?

i do understand if some of the questions cant be answered but either way i am already intrigued, the way you wrote your summary is like a wonderful poem and evert word and sentence just has to be dissected.

3 Likes

Lol thank you for the compliments <3! I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶b̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶m̶m̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶d̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶MPOUS-̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶m̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ :eyes:

As for you questions:

What are the purposes of a keeper?/What is a keeper? - Keepers are sort of like the gods of your village (or for all you know, the whole world!) The taleweavers tell of the way they shaped the world, and by extension, you. But idk if you wanna believe those sussy bakas :shushing_face:

regarding the first line being that the mc is first and the keepers are second, what does that mean? by power? is the mc a god of some sorts? - Lol I think I delivered that weridly. What I meant to say is that the MC and their kind are like second place in comparison to the keepers, which are above them. So the MC is second to the Keepers’ first, —“second only to the Keepers”.

is silva viridis a person? a powerful being? - Hmm…Some would say that Silva Viridis is indeed a powerful being, a mother, —a giver of life. Others say the very Earth you roam is Silva Viridis, each dandelion blown and each bountiful harvest is a portion of her. If we can find an equivalent in layman’s terms, it would be 'Mother Earth."

Also when I say “the MC is tethered to the Earth from whence they spouted”, I do mean that they just yeeted out of a tree one day :sunglasses: (humans? never heard of em)

So thank you so much for the questions!! Your interest was probably the greatest dopamine rush I’ve had this afternoon hehe

10 Likes