Interest Check Thread

Jinn of Arabia (Working Title)

The story starts one year after you have taken control of the Sultanate of Arabia. The jinn have been at war for many years after Sultan Iblis passed away without a successor.

You managed to defeat the Seven Jinn Kings and have yourself proclaimed the true successor of Iblis, and thus ruler of all jinn.

However, while the Seven Jinn Kings were defeated, they have not been broken. They remain as emirs (dukes) in your kingdom and have sworn loyalty to you.

And fate will seem to hand you a bad card. It is discovered that one of the seven emirs, who happens to be your fiercest critic, is found dead and all evidence points to you ordering the assassination.

This one incident will accomplish something that has never been seen before in the kingdom, the three elite classes of jinn (Ifrit, Marid, Jann) stop their squabbling and see you as their common enemy. And why shouldn’t they? You are after all a Hinn class jinn, the only surviving member of your class because Iblis ordered their massacre due to their constant rebellion.

Now the Ifrit, Marid and Jann fear that you seek revenge for the slaughter of your people. Rumours that another civil war is coming soon. This time around, you won’t have the luxury of playing against the rivalry of the three elite class of jinn when they unify to topple you.

Of course, you could always try to find the real murderer instead of risking a crippling civil war.

But your neighbours watch with keen eyes at your next move. Your Mesopotamian and Iranian neighbours (Assyria, Babylonia and Elam) bet among themselves on the final victor. A unified Arabia is a threat to them and so they work to stoke the divisions in your kingdom.

Egypt to your West offers help, so long as you bend the knee to the Pharaoh and Horus.

Your siblings, demons and angels, from Israel and the Canaanite Empire continue their endless war for dominance, with many of your people polarised on which side to help.

But no one said being a sultan/sultana was going to be easy after…

The Game:
I hope that interests you all. The War for the West was an inspiration but I plan on this historical fantasy to be an alternative universe that is inspired by our own world, hence the use of mythologies from around the world in my game.

Also, it will be more character focused and I doubt there will be emphasis on the realm management to a degree where the player will need a spreadsheet to plot the proper course for their kingdom.

There will be ROs, but it will be complemented with a harem of your preferred gender. Though if the player wishes to be asexual or stick to one or two ROs and not follow the path of Solomon :grin:(he will make an appearance in the game), that will also be possible.

In this game, I’m more interested in the psychology of ruling and how the player reacts to crisis. A ruthless MC is possible, which will likely attract loyal minions but in turn will have the MC be surrounded by yes man who will more than happily tell you the kingdom is prosperous while it is burning to the ground, in fear of upsetting you.

Or an MC who is a philosopher king or queen, only selecting the most talented advisors and bureaucrats. But this MC might find themselves having their policies either blocked or sobataged by the very knowledgeable advisors who believe the MC is issuing ‘bad’ edicts.

I really don’t know if that is something the community might like to see but I’m slowly working on the game.

Your thoughts and suggestion are welcome.

46 Likes