Interest Check Thread

Uh-oh, sorry… didn’t give it much thought.

When the step-parent’s eyes didn’t on you, you can rock the castle~ just don’t forget to cover it up afterwards. :wink:

3 Likes

All the talk about VNs got me thinking, would anyone like a visual novel styled CS game? I’m talking a “Build your own bf/gf” game with many, many images depicting both your style choices (hair, eyes, that sort of stuff, a la flash dress up games) and little scenes of them (with their chosen looks) doing… random cool things, like in normal VNs. I’m aware that CS is probably not the best engine to make this in (I’m looking at you, Renpy) but I figured I might as well ask!

Basically, would anyone like a CS game that relies heavily on images, maybe as much as it does rely on text?

16 Likes

Certainly an interesting concept while I am open to the idea I also have some concerns such as immersion, placement, and use.

How would you set up the images? (Will it interrupt a paragraph of text or pop-up unexpectedly?)

Is it only for one part of the game or will it be spread through out the game?

One thing that I see quite often is the images not fitting the situation or being reused a ridiculous amount. Will the same situation apply here?

Despite these questions I’m actually interested in this project and would love to see it floating around. :+1:

@kashidol Thank you for answering!

The idea is to have them thorough the whole game, but not on an excessive amount, just after certain events. I don’t mean to show you how their expression changes through a whole conversation, but if you manage to save them from something/break their hopes and dreams, pum, you’ve won an image. Establishing shots are important too, in my opinion. I wonder if I can make a sort of “gallery”…

Background only images should be unnecessary, and I think I won’t do much of that, only character-centric shots, as to keep things simpler. Something I would really like to implement is to be able to see on the images your customization choices; Most games I’ve played don’t bother doing that. As for how to set up the images, I haven’t thought much of it! Nor of this idea at all, honestly! But I think I may go for the usual “image popping at the beginning of a new page” format. I’m not sure how it’ll look between two paragraphs, tho, so I’ll have to try both and see what works!

Thank you again for the hindsight! Now I’m hyped about the idea! :sweat_smile: Will get to drawing - and bugging my sister about how to colour stuff correctly- ASAP!

2 Likes

If you can figure out how to do that, would you let me know? =P

1 Like

Jinn of Arabia (Working Title)

The story starts one year after you have taken control of the Sultanate of Arabia. The jinn have been at war for many years after Sultan Iblis passed away without a successor.

You managed to defeat the Seven Jinn Kings and have yourself proclaimed the true successor of Iblis, and thus ruler of all jinn.

However, while the Seven Jinn Kings were defeated, they have not been broken. They remain as emirs (dukes) in your kingdom and have sworn loyalty to you.

And fate will seem to hand you a bad card. It is discovered that one of the seven emirs, who happens to be your fiercest critic, is found dead and all evidence points to you ordering the assassination.

This one incident will accomplish something that has never been seen before in the kingdom, the three elite classes of jinn (Ifrit, Marid, Jann) stop their squabbling and see you as their common enemy. And why shouldn’t they? You are after all a Hinn class jinn, the only surviving member of your class because Iblis ordered their massacre due to their constant rebellion.

Now the Ifrit, Marid and Jann fear that you seek revenge for the slaughter of your people. Rumours that another civil war is coming soon. This time around, you won’t have the luxury of playing against the rivalry of the three elite class of jinn when they unify to topple you.

Of course, you could always try to find the real murderer instead of risking a crippling civil war.

But your neighbours watch with keen eyes at your next move. Your Mesopotamian and Iranian neighbours (Assyria, Babylonia and Elam) bet among themselves on the final victor. A unified Arabia is a threat to them and so they work to stoke the divisions in your kingdom.

Egypt to your West offers help, so long as you bend the knee to the Pharaoh and Horus.

Your siblings, demons and angels, from Israel and the Canaanite Empire continue their endless war for dominance, with many of your people polarised on which side to help.

But no one said being a sultan/sultana was going to be easy after…

The Game:
I hope that interests you all. The War for the West was an inspiration but I plan on this historical fantasy to be an alternative universe that is inspired by our own world, hence the use of mythologies from around the world in my game.

Also, it will be more character focused and I doubt there will be emphasis on the realm management to a degree where the player will need a spreadsheet to plot the proper course for their kingdom.

There will be ROs, but it will be complemented with a harem of your preferred gender. Though if the player wishes to be asexual or stick to one or two ROs and not follow the path of Solomon :grin:(he will make an appearance in the game), that will also be possible.

In this game, I’m more interested in the psychology of ruling and how the player reacts to crisis. A ruthless MC is possible, which will likely attract loyal minions but in turn will have the MC be surrounded by yes man who will more than happily tell you the kingdom is prosperous while it is burning to the ground, in fear of upsetting you.

Or an MC who is a philosopher king or queen, only selecting the most talented advisors and bureaucrats. But this MC might find themselves having their policies either blocked or sobataged by the very knowledgeable advisors who believe the MC is issuing ‘bad’ edicts.

I really don’t know if that is something the community might like to see but I’m slowly working on the game.

Your thoughts and suggestion are welcome.

42 Likes

Can you become evil ruler?

1 Like

It’s definitely a great concept. It will be a treat to play.

Hope you will make a WIP, soon.

1 Like

Love the concept :heart_eyes:. I am looking forward to play and maybe beta test this game if you put a demo in :heart:

1 Like

Hope you have the best of luck with the demo😄

1 Like

Hello! This is my first time making my own story game. I’ve read many WIPs and I decided to make my own after some time and planning. This is my story idea; I don’t have an exact demo or summary for it yet, but I’ll be getting to that. My inspirations for writing this are @SharpOne and @TwoSharp’s “Tale of Two Cranes” and Er Gen’s “A Will Eternal” & “I Shall Seal the Heavens” (2 amazing stories that I definetly recomend to those who love cultivation stories).

(Summary)

Into the World of Cultivation (This might be changed)

A land where you can over turn mountains with a flip of a hand and raise to the heavens to become an immortal. The sun and moon are beneath your feet and even the heavens can be sealed. This is…

The World of Cultivation

You have always heard stories and tales about the world beyond the mountains that surround your home. Tales of cultivators who could shake the earth with just a flick of a finger. Tales of demons who were as large as a mountain. Tales of mystery realms full of ancient treasures. All of these things that were past the mountain…

You never once thought that you would one day be a part of that world…

- Become an cultivator
- Join a cultivation school or sect
- Wield a weapon from an ancient immortal
- Accept numerous disciples
- Find love and have your very own daoist partner
- Ascend to the heavens to become an immortal

The road to cultivation is curved and the Dao is endless; will you survive long enough to become an immortal or will you die trying?

(Note)

That’s all I have for the summary so far. Currently I’m working on world building and I’m nearly done with that. I think that I’m going to add a choice where you can choose to be a mortal, but that’s all up in the air. As far as the ROs, there’s going to be many of them and I’m going to allow the reader to choose as many of them as they want (under the right circumstances of course).

That’s my story idea. Any thoughts or suggestions as welcomed, thanks.

38 Likes

Can you become evil?

1 Like

Yes, you can be evil.

3 Likes

I love cultivation stories, this sounds like an absolute dream come true to me :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love cultivation stories too. I’m glad to know that there’s someone out there who loves them just as much as I do. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Definitely would be interested in this I love cultivation stories

1 Like

Hi I wanna share another idea of a story with you all, so here goes.

Title: Heart of the Gods

Summary

Emotion: The instinctive and intuitive feeling as distinguished from reasoning or knowledge.
Emotions are harmful, unpredictable, uncontrollable as you were always taught by your mother.

In order to avoid clouding their judgement the Gods of your world made a drastic decision and stripped themselves of emotions, threw them away and gave them to humanity. This made them hollow, devoid of any emotion, no happiness, no satisfaction, nothing.

Naturally, it came with consequences. When humanity received this gift they finally started to feel, and to rebel against the gods, to be a mindless minion no longer. The Gods themselves knew this inevitable change would happen and accepted it.

But one day, when a God and a human fell in love with each other, their connection made them feel complete. Both races finally found the balance that they looking for in life. This is when the Heart Festival started.

End of Summary

So, this is basically a romance game where you play as a human and join the festival to find your fated God.
There are four God ROs and your goal is to make at least one or all of their hearts beat for you.
Since you’re a human you will only be making emotional choices while each one of the four gods will offer a logical solution to you, and of course it is up to you if you want to make use of their suggestions.

Well, that’s it guys. It’s just an idea for now, and it’s not that complex yet but what do you think?

45 Likes

A god dating simulator

I TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK

7 Likes

okay guys, I’d like to know if medieval theme still hot?

Title: I cannot decide it yet

Genre: Medieval, low-fantasy

Plot: You’re a villager of a border village between two kingdoms,
when the war breaks, your village become the battlefield and razed to ground, you and few survivors captured and enslaved

Feature:

• More like a game than reading story
  • Character development and Class change
  • The story does not involves you, the world does not wait for you

Goal: Survive the story with many possible endings, you may reach the ending without feats or simply doing what you like

this might sounds hard to implement, trying to make the world seems alive, with NPCs that have their own minds and goals just like the player, but that’s the idea I got for now

any suggestions and thoughts will be appreciated, thank you

21 Likes

Okay bear with me.

An untitled game.

After having a car crash, you wake up, having no recollection of your memories. Someone had informed you that the crash wasn’t just the reason for the amnesia. Someone had drugged you. Will you find out the truth about yourself? Were you a good person, an evil one, or an average joe? Will you find out the truth before someone stops, or worse, kills you?

Are you really sure that finding out the truth, is for the best?

Find out the truth with a team, that you had met under unfortunate circumstances.

That’s just the main premise, it’s pretty vague but that’s the idea.

I’ll try my best to really let players make their own character and not say something that is out of bounds and not really what their character would say.

The story is romance-driven/focused (although you can play without it, I’ll make it up to those players, with I think is a good story). It currently has 5 romantic options which are all gender flippable and player-sexual.

Right now, it has around 10k+ words, I don’t like long texts so I tend to put more interactive choices, even the very mild changes in the narrative.

English isn’t my native language, but I try my best not to let it have too much grammatical mistakes.

I’ll make a wip soon, (and I mean, far into the future) when I’m confident, and the details are finalized. Currently, I’m trying to make a way to induce romance that isn’t forced and is in the pace of your MC.

The story includes (I might add more), mentions of drugs, explicit mention of sex, blood, and death.

40 Likes