Insert-Rich-Family-Name (WIP Updated 12/31/2022) Final Public Update

Right? I can’t wait for that one, I had so much fun watching the first one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

All the inspiration for this game:

Binging Succession, watching Encanto, loving true crime, and of course Knives out!

EDIT: Am I the only one who like to use the insert your own option just to get a kick at stuff like this?

lol :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

It also works with “murderer” you’re welcome :kissing_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

That is the Bike in question, I think.

7 Likes

What a strong contender for fugliest thing I’ve ever seen. Why rich people persist on spending ridiculous amounts of money on unholy manifestations of tackiness is beyond me.

14 Likes

Yep it Looks Kind of cool in a weird way, but uncomfortable as hell

7 Likes

@Kaelyn yes it is!

@JBento You fictionally just bought one :rofl:

7 Likes

Any game that lets me live as a conceited rich person is a game I’m excited about. It was very fun to read! I’m going to try to make my Mc have a similar personality to Elle (legally blonde) or Cher (clueless), like, they’re spoiled and superficial but a good person underneath it all. Good luck with the story!!

3 Likes

I also like playing as a wealthy person, but not in the same way. The type of rich person I like to play is “sick of everyone defining me by my wealth/status.” I’m just a regular person like everyone else; I just happen to have a lot of money.

3 Likes

Compared to my first bike I think I got the better deal. Loved that old bultaco

Only $10,999,850 cheaper.

Back to the game. I’m excited to get to play as one of my favorite but least used characters, Reginald de Amriphenther IV. It’s honestly a little creepy how perfectly he’s fit so far. He’s already been mentioned as the fourth, and both his love of animals and propensity to sleep with the help have already been addressed.

6 Likes

I’ll probably replay with one of my “this person is rich” characters. For the first playthrough I just went with my default “this guy slots in literally anywhere.” (The one thing he’s not is bloodthirsty [unless he’s literally bloodthirsty; I’ve played him as a vampire several times], but even with violent characters I can play him as cold/detached killer.)

1 Like

@Flinx thanks for reading. Do let me know if there are such choices for you to make :two_hearts:

@geldar Well, detective Mars will be a lot of fun for you to interact with, in the next update if you play the game. They don’t really like rich people.

@

omg I love your MC’s name haha…

lmao you’re welcome. :grinning:

Do let me know what type of choices you would like to see maybe. And thanks for playing.

1 Like

Well, I have some canonical backgrounds, but they never fit exactly in someone else’s story nor do I expect them to.

The generic, name-variable rich person I use is just exactly as I described before, a guy who happens to be wealthy, but doesn’t want that to define him. He identifies more with the lower classes even though he’s always been at least comfortable.

One, named Alcander Foxgrove, is the successor to a family jeweler business, has always been rich, has poor social skills, and has no concept of how much things should cost (except jewelry; he knows that very well). He’s not arrogant or a bad person, but is just totally ignorant about how to interact with people who aren’t wealthy.

Alcius Craughton is a business mogul, loves buying up whatever businesses he can and accumulating wealth. His dream is to own all the businesses in a city. The primary obstacle to that is just that people don’t seem to want to sell their businesses, and he doesn’t want to pressure them. He’s actually very good with money and knows when a deal is good or not, and pays his employees fairly.

(no, I don’t know why my rich person names start Alc-)

1 Like

Haven’t read , but here’s my prediction:

Grandpa is alive and hiding in the mansions walls.

7 Likes

@geldar I like both of your MCs and you’re right the generic one will fit much better with this game.

@Necrosian lol this isn’t “And there were none” from Agatha Christie lol

4 Likes

I have a better prediction: Grandpa is the mansion’s walls. The house is alive and hates having so many people in it, so it eats them until there’s only one successor.

6 Likes

That sound you hear is @CC_Hill furiously scribbling notes for another part of The Midnight Saga.

2 Likes

TBH I barely know what The Midnight Saga is about since I don’t think I ever played the demo before the link was removed after submission.

1 Like

After reading this, and knowing that the story was partly inspired by Encanto, my thoughts went directly to this scene.

Now I can’t stop imagining that Grandpa is vibing inside the house walls, watching family drama unfold through the paintings.

EDIT: I definitely chose Madrigal as the family last name. But now i do like the idea of inserting a name that has some sort of impact in the story be it as small as flavor text. You have tempted me in choosing the last name “Killer” for another MC. You had me at :
“Of course there is a Killer among the surviving family, that is our freaking last name.”

2 Likes

Yup that exactly it :stuck_out_tongue:

And to describe the Midnight Saga (wrong answer-only)

It’s a Halloween game that start out as a quiet run for candy with your niece and nephew, then you end up eating more candy than you bargain for, and all the costumes are real monsters and oh yeah you can punch a certain RO in the face.

Edit @Mumble we don’t talk about Bruno, no, no, no!

Edit @Mumble just saw your edit, sorry I missed that lol… oh yesss I love those kinds of easter eggs, I add them in all my games.

6 Likes

Hm, I do remember playing a game in which I go trick-or-treating with family members, but I’m fairly certain it wasn’t that one…

4 Likes

Midnight Saga Book 1 is a game where you visit your sister and her kids, go to a Halloween party thrown by her hot neighbour where you meet a hot girl who’s super helpful and has big plans for the world. Then you take your nephews trick or treating, go on an unexpected, all-expenses-paid trip (courtesy of ANOTHER hot girl you met at the party), and meet hot girl number 1’s (NOT hot neighbour) parents. And that’s just the first half. It’s a slice of life game, really.

There are also guys at the party and I’m told they are hot, if that’s your jam. And at about the start of the second half you meet a male RO.

Also, anyone can be hot if you set them on fire.

5 Likes