Ink and Intrigue [Heart's Choice fantasy WIP] [DEMO is LIVE!]

Update:

Chapter 7 is finally drafted! :tada:

Life has been BUSY and progress on Ink and Intrigue has been slow of late. That said, I’ve been chipping away at chapter seven and I’m really happy with how it has turned out! As of now, chapter seven weighs in at nearly 31,000 words. Chances of me adding words in revisions are high. (I nearly always add more in revisions.)

I’ll be starting chapter eight today. I have a decent outline and a bunch of notes so now I just have to turn those into prose and choices and paths to follow, and since we’re getting into the end of the game I have to tie up all the loose ends. I’ve planned for nine chapters, though I might tag a short tenth on as an epilogue. We’ll see.

I hope you’re all having a good weekend! :revolving_hearts: :herb:

21 Likes

Ink and Intrigue Update:

Progress is happening! Yesterday I completed a first pass of edits for chapters 7 and 8. I cut about 1000 words off chapter 7 and added a bit to chapter 8.

Here are the current word counts rounded to nearest hundred:

Ch 1: 16400
Ch 2: 26100
Ch 3: 45700
Ch 4: 20200
Ch 5: 24000
Ch 6: 29400
Ch 7: 30000
Ch 8: 11800

As you can see, there’s quite a bit of variation in chapter length. I’d originally planned for eight chapters, but decided for two shorter chapters at the end instead.

Total word count so far is ~182,000. It’s possible that the game comes in under 200k, which was my goal as I set out on this, but also possible that I’ll end up adding words in revisions and beta testing.

200k or less is the sweet spot I’m aiming to hit as a writer for word count. I know some CoG games get super long and I have huge respect for those authors. Seriously. Amazing stuff! But keeping my games closer to 200k means I can write more stories and complete games in a reasonable amount of time, especially considering I write in my “free time” and there’s not a lot of that these days.

So, what’s next? Well, I still need to write chapter nine, do multiple rounds of revisions, beta testing, and a read-through before and after it goes to the copy editor. All that takes time, which means we’re still a ways off but getting closer!

Thanks for reading my update! I hope you’re enjoying your weekend! :revolving_hearts: :herb:

23 Likes

Y’all, I’m drafting the last chapter of this game and it’s so exciting!!!

I can see the ending. It’s so close I can taste it! :dancer: :tada:

13 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I’m excited too! I can’t wait to play the whole thing!

1 Like

I can’t wait for you to play it! :rofl:

I still have 10,000 or so words to write, plus revisions, but beta testing is in the-not-so-distant future and I’m so excited to share the full story with you!

6 Likes

I love your story so much, the characters and our familiar are so amazing, the background, the steamy scenes…everything… mwah chef’s kiss :kissing_heart::heart:
I’m looking forward to read the whole story :smiley::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you so much! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the demo and I can’t wait for you to be able to play the whole game!

1 Like