Infimus! - Supervillainy, Self-Loathing And Shapeshifting (12/2/2021 MAJOR UPDATE: Noise Art)

I really like the concept for this one! Can’t wait for more, especially when we can start wrecking havoc >:^)

1 Like

Okay, fixed a few more issues during the interview and got some testing apps working. Hopefully a lot less bugs going forward.

1 Like

Got to the ‘play again’ screen, so that’s a win! The interview itself was fun, wet blanket though my MC was about agreeing to it. :grin:

1 Like

@No_Ichor
This kinda looks better than Fallen hero, actually. Excited for the coming updates🙂

1 Like

Got a pretty meaty update in the works. Will be out Monday at the latest. For now, I’ve uploaded a somewhat WIP version of the stats screen. There’s mostly cosmetic changes left (it looks a bit too busy rn), and maybe a traits system.

So, coming update:

• Discover the nature and full extent of your powers
  • Pet the walrus
  • Get acquainted with Infimus’ RPG systems, which I’d describe as a combination of those of two of my favorite games - Disco Elysium and Fallout New Vegas.
21 Likes

New Vegas and Disco Elysium.:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: Best villain in games.

2 Likes

Anybody here seen the movie Tusk? Look it up! It’ll ruin walruses for you. Haha! @No_Ichor No need to play your game, for me, now. I’m doin’ that shit in real life!

3 Likes

You just had to bring that up, I still can’t watch anything with Justin Long in it and I usually love horror movies.

3 Likes

UPDATE 1: Method Before The Madness
Features:

• Walrus petting (after popular demand)
  • Getting blasted with a flamethrower by a viking
  • First version of the player attributes system, which will include Archetypes (classes, basically), Skills, and Traits. Right now there’s only an introduction to skills and skill checks.

Roadmap here.

Play the game at:
https://dashingdon.com/go/8686

This is, in large part, just laying the groundwork for things to come. I plan to be done with a first draft of chapter 1 by the end of this month. That will contain, alongside character creation, an introduction to the game’s world and to certain characters that will play a crucial role through the game. I’ll then take some time to really polish that before moving on to the meat of the game. I want chapters to be something that can be played from beginning to end as a fully featured and fledged out experience: I think that format works best for the kind of constant updates the game will get. But that’s just the plan. Doesn’t usually survive contact with reality.

Thanks for playing <3 and as usual, yell at me about any bugs on here.

16 Likes

Found this:
Error when grabbing the dumbbell.
I think there’s a continuity problem if you select the walrus, nothing about the walrus pops up after choosing walrus.
I’m interested in reading further :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking at this rn.

EDIT: Ok, should’ve fixed the dumbbell issue and a bug inside the walrus scene.

5 Likes

i just found this wip and i’m already excited

Good time to just discover it, then. I should have an update ready this weekend.

UPDATE 2: Death Is Not A Dot, But A Spiral
Features:

• Completely rewritten tutorial and character creation
  • A meeting with the ghosts of past supervillains
  • Introduction to the Reveries system

Play it here:
https://dashingdon.com/go/8686

ok, when I said “this weekend” last week I should’ve said “next weekend”. I’ve spent quite some time completely revamping the game and thinking about where I wanna take this project. So. Going forward, a few changes.

1) Infimus Tumblr
Thought I’d make a dedicated blog for the game, so here it is. please engage with my (currently null) content:

2) Midweek devlogs every Thursday, beta updates every Saturday, moved to a Stable build the week after.
I’ve found a weekly schedule to be much more manageable for me than the…weird 10 days thing I had before, and that midweek updates keep me honest. Those will be posted here and on the Tumblr. I will also upload whatever it is I’m working on every week, and upgrade the previous week’s update over to a stable build. This, I think, provides a good balance between people who are like “I just wanna play the game without bugs” vs “Gimme the game now, I don’t care about bugs”. I may need to slow this process down depending on how it goes, but that’s the plan.

11 Likes

Infinity loading loop

Infinite choice loop

Oh, I think I know the issue. It’s something to do with Dashingdon, missed that in tests with my local copy. Gimme a second.

Edit: nevermind lol it wasn’t that. Should be fixed now, thank you.

Your welcome

Infinite loading loop is not fixed

1 Like

Okay, yeah, should’ve got it now. Will give it a more thorough test after lunch.

Not fixed

I can’t replicate it on my local copy and it works fine on Dashingdon, for me at least. I’ve reuploaded all of the game’s files, run quicktest and randomtest. If it still doesn’t work on your end I have no idea how to fix it, I’m afraid.

On an unrelated note, I’ve integrated the save slots plugin. Should’ve done that ages ago.