Indent Error

Hey Guys,
I know this might have already been dealt with but I cannot understand how to resolve this error:
“startup line 44: invalid indent, expected at least one 'choice”

I am attaching the code below for your referance. I am from a non-computer background so please explain in a simple manner:

*label gender
What do others refer to you as?
*choice
#“That guy…”
*set gender “Male”
#“That girl…”
*set gender “Female”
#No specific adjective is sufficient to describe me
*set gender “Transgender”

Also I have added the code *create gender “” at the beginning

When you share code, it’s better to use preformatted text. You can do it by hitting the </> icon at the top tool bar, hitting (Ctrl + Shift + C for windows) or by typing ``` on one line, and same two lines below, then you can write in between those lines. Make sure it is formatted like this (or your preferred indentation, being consistent is the only thing matters):

*label gender
What do others refer to you as?
*choice
    #“That guy…”
        *set gender "Male"
    #“That girl…”
        *set gender "Female"
    #No specific adjective is sufficient to describe me
        *set gender "Transgender"

4 Likes

Also… little bit of critcism:
Having the third option like that is… not optimal if you want it to be the option for making the MC trans…
cause…
If someone’s trans they’d be That guy/That woman too (unless the speaker’s an a**hole).
(And I think you mean pronoun/gendered noun instead of adjective)

4 Likes

Yeah, Il make the relevant changes. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Did @needs-to-be-loved’s post solve your problem? If so, please mark it with the Solution (found under the ellipsis on their post) so others with the same problem can find the answer faster in the future. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.