Imminent Threat WIP (Updated 5/26/17)

I’m happy Marine is a choose since once I graduate I’m joining the Corps🇺🇸

2 Likes

@CowboyHooah You definitely seem like you have the passion to go all the way through with this game, and that makes me happy. I hope all goes well, because this demo honestly does have potential.

Now to a suggestion I had:

I had thought that by “Career,” you meant what job our MCs had before they are captured. As in, just for regular customization. I didn’t know it meant the job they get within the group that kidnaps them. Its alright, though, you can still add Security Guard. Now that I actually know what you meant, though, (which was my fault, not yours), I have a new idea:

FBI Enforcer. These don’t actually exist, its completely made up by me just now, but hear me out.

An “Enforcer” within the FBI is a specialized agent with fewer restrictions, and more dangerous assignments. They are better equipped and better trained than a standard field agent, always wearing a protype bullet proof vest, carrying more equipment such as car trackers, hidden recorders and cameras, non-lethal poisons for kidnapping and infiltration, a prototype silenced Anthrax DDP-12 pistol (a gun I made up, basically an all black automatic in the shape of a Deagle, but smaller and only 9mm, with extended magazine, super firm tactical rubber grip, and bright green iron sights for easier target acquisition, this whole thing was designed just for the FBI and CIA, therefore isn’t availible to citizens), flash pens, which double as a hidden knife, but also a stun device, (also made up by me), and prototype tear gas pellets, which look like pills, but are thrown by the dozen to incapacitate up to four enemies at once. They are better trained in CQC, infiltration, reconnaissance, and field investigation.

Again, that was all entirely made up by me. But nothing has to be real, its just a nice alternate career path for players like me who want to balance combat and stealth. You can put in the made up gun and weapons if you want, I just thought they were cool, and each something believable. This Career choice might sound OP,but its actually not. They excel at sneaking and infiltration, but wouldn’t be as good in close combat as the Marine Career choice would be, or as good with firearms, either.

…Whaddya think, mate?

3 Likes

Finally got around to reading this.

Even though it’s a small demo, it’s a nice one. The idea behind it seems nice, the writing is smooth and there’s a fair bit of customization in it.

I’ll be watching the progress of this demo with anticipation.

5 Likes

Very nice, caught my attention. Looking forward.

2 Likes

Delta Force would be more up the alley of counter terrorism. That or the FBI SWAT team would be more suited in matters of counter terrorism.

2 Likes

I dunno bout that, the Marines have technically been fighting terrorism since the early 1800’s with that whole Barbary pirates ordeal, u know when seven Marines stormed the shores of Tripoli

3 Likes

This potentially has already been asked and is probably very ignorant but aren’t white supremacists and nazis/fascists, if not the same, extremely similar? Those two groups are among the most voted for in the poll, so why not just lump them together and make them into one group/terroristic threat/villain?

2 Likes

In a way u r correct. Both groups r similar in the fact that they are against minorities but Nazis r primarily against blacks and Jews while supremacists are against all minorities. Plus fascist don’t necessarily have to be against minorities. They support a strong govt for proctection against an outside threat: for example the first fascists in the 30s in Spain and Italy were anti-communists

4 Likes

I’d be happy to eradicate any terrorist group. Race, agenda, and motives don’t matter. Terrorism is terrorism.

4 Likes

Agreed Bc America! F Yeah! Coming again to save the mofo day! Terrorist ur game is thru bc now u have to answer to… America! What u gonna do when we come for u!!! America!!!:us::us::us::us::us:

2 Likes

Eh, wasn’t speaking out of patriotism. I wasn’t even born here in America, I just hate any group that uses unnecessary violence to achieve their goals.

4 Likes

I know lol but it’s from a song called America, F#ck Yeah from the movie Team America World Police; created by the guys who gave us South Park. Just thought it worked in this circumstance

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve actually listened to that before. It does fit neatly.

2 Likes

Christian cult… far cry vibe…:joy:

3 Likes

@Voldy
You actually were correct. It is your MC’s career before they are kidnapped. :slight_smile:

I like your FBI Enforcer idea a lot actually! You put a ton of detail into that! I don’t know if I’ll add it in it’s entirety, but it has a lot of good ideas! Any chance I can bug you for any more fictional gun names? :joy:

@freelance
While Nazis and White Supremicists are quite similar, facists are kind of their own deal. The first two are more about racial superiority, while facists support a strong central government. The differenve between white supremicists and Nazis, is that Nazis (as well as being racist) are also facist.

@Voldy
Part of my goal in writing this is also to help people question their definition of terroristic group. :wink: Although I do agree with you, terrorsim is bad regardless of motives. Growing up around a lot of confederate people who were entirely peaceful, non-racist (many were actually african-american), good people, some of whom would actually be considered part of a terrorist group just because of their beliefs, I like to think I have an interesting perspective on groups that are unfairly labelled as terrorists.

That is probably the simplest good definition of a terrorist group :slight_smile: Just remember that many of these groups (in real life and the game) truly believe that their violence is justified.

@deznutes
Sooooooo excited for Farcry 5! I promise I had the cult idea before the reveal though! :joy:

@freelance
I do actually plan on lumping some of the groups together. :slight_smile:
Happy birthday by the way!

Also, thank you for all of the kind words everyone!! Also, please keep up your discussion! It makes me happy to see good people unite against a common, evil enemy. And seeing these conversations inspires me to keep writing more :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@CowboyHooah I am aware of some groups that are unfairly labelled terrorists. It is a shame that it happens, as one is implying quite a lot when they call a group of people that.

There is a lot more where that came from![quote=“CowboyHooah, post:77, topic:26328”]
It is your MC’s career before they are kidnapped.
[/quote]

Well, in that case, definetly put Security Guard in, please. :laughing:

Yeah, I went a little overboard with the pellets. Sorry, mate. :rofl:

That’s the most unfortunate part, arguably. Most are brainwashed from a young age, others, like some Americans, join completely by their own decision because they are that desperate to belong to something. Either that or they believe that whatever the group believes will bring them redemption, whether it be a certain god, or a certain goal.

2 Likes

Someone who considers themselves advanced in choicescript coding, please feel free to pm me. I’m getting really frustrated with this feature I’m trying to code :angry:

3 Likes

five minutes into the demo, liking the coffee shop grammar section!

3 Likes

I just realized something. This game reminds me a lot of that show Quantico

2 Likes

How so? I’m not familiar with that show. Is it realistic?

By the way, @CowboyHooah. you wanted some more fictional gun names, I think. Well, here ya go:

Rolfe ComTech MCR (Modern Combat Rifle) M6A1

J&J PPR-9 (Machine Pistol)

Killian Industries M121A5 (Sniper Rifle)

Whaler Co. SNL-90 (Submachine Gun)

Rolfe ComTech Prowler Model 10 (Tactical Shotgun)

Elfin CC-101 Thor (Grenade Launcher, “CC” stands for “Crowd Control” :sunglasses:).

I can make more, if you’d like.

5 Likes