Imminent Threat WIP (Updated 5/26/17)

Mini-Update 0.21a!

• Fixed a bunch of grammar stuff
  • Added a little more story content
  • Fixed error with the stats screen and the injury stat
  • Added more instances of minor stat increases/decreases, especially for personality stats
3 Likes

Put a poll in the first post, and plan to make it a monthly thing! Please leave your thoughts there and discuss in the forum below!

Some of the ideas for the story are already set, but some (such as what I presented in June’s poll) are not final, and I’d like to hear what y’all would find most interesting! Thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t get the purpose of a poll like the one you have… what does it mean?

@Pandini
In my work, the player investigates and (ideally) takes down terrorist organizations. I hadn’t quite decided exactly what types of terrorist organizations to add. I wanted to see what y’all would be interested in seeing, and kind of hoped to spark some discussion on the topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems pretty cool so far. Keep it up~!

In the poll, what does “tea party” mean? I can only guess it’s not an actual party…

1 Like

It is a political movement in the United States - mostly (but not wholly) associated with the Republicans.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info~

2 Likes

I love how detailed it is. You can tell how much research you’ve done. It’s short but it already has me curious for more!
I can’t wait to hear more from you and your work! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Just a little tease :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I plan on posting an update either tomorrow or Wednesday. Thing is, this update contains almost NO NEW STORY CONTENT! *gasps
I’ve been hard at work coding what I hope will be an enjoyable core feature of the game side of this story. Hopefully y’all will like it! :smile:
In the meantime, have a great night!

Question of the day: How do y’all feel about randomization, specifically in combat, in CoG stories or even other media? What if it was an optional feature? :slight_smile:

Done correctly I am neutral on it - see Archangel WiP for one of the few projects that does randomization well.

Done any other way, I dislike it and it turns me off from the CS game.

2 Likes

I agree completely with @Eiwynn. I wouldn’t mind randomization, but only if its done correctly and fairly.

4 Likes

I thought it might be from Joisey.

1 Like

Hey y’all! So, a little update for my birthday! The thing I’ve been hard at work on is a tactical battle system. It’s giving me some trouble though with some math (which was never my strongsuit). Anyways, here’s to hoping I can finish it soon and get back to writing the story! Or maybe I’ll just put that on hiatus. Anyways, I’ll try to get out an update as soon as I can! I start my army enlistment process tomorrow so wish me luck and after that I have lots more time to write! (I have to finish senior year before basic training).

8 Likes

Happy birthday to ya, happy birthday to ya, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6 Likes

Same, I’m not from Texas but I do use “Y’all” a lot :joy::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

My birthday on Halloween…so much bloomin’ fun…
anyway. I think this stories kinda cool, I shall be watching it :smile:

5 Likes

Just wondering, but when I looked at stats I noticed one that said career. What are the options for that?

1 Like

@DevilDog_1999 I’m hoping security guard is one of those options, as I am one in real life.

2 Likes

That sounds pretty cool

2 Likes

@DevilDog_1999
The careers I have planned so far are FBI Agent, FBI Analyst, and US Marine. However, I hope to implement many more. I’m always open to suggestions!

@Voldy
Security Guard is a great idea! I think I might add that :slight_smile:

8 Likes