If you could make any game into a movie what would it be?

Predator by Bethesda. Specifically a pre game short film featuring the protagonists opportunistic brother and his fall from morality as he dwells further into human experimentation.

Fallout, but not any of the games. Instead I would something in the Style of the world war z novel, not to be confused with the piece of trash they passed of as a film version. To be precise, It would be a series of interviews of the formation of specific settlements and certain key battles and events hinted at but never shown in the games. This would be conducted by the aliens in the mother ship in fallout 3. The opening scene would be of a warhead flying thru the stratosphere before panning out to view the bombs start to fall on the east cost, before shifting to fucus on Robert House’s defense of new Vegas.

I’m not sure if you can tell, but I have put a lot of thought into the second one.

Choice of robots.

I recently watched bandersnatch on netflix, the interactive movie, and thought it was good. But I could think of many COG or HG games which would have been much bettet.

Choice of Robots made me bawl my eyes out. Ugh, good times.

Photopia, by Adam Cadre (dir. Cary Fukunaga, Netflix’s Maniac)
Virtue’s Last Reward (dir. Terry Gilliam, Brazil and Twelve Monkeys)
Planescape: Torment (dir. Guillermo del Toro, Pan’s Labyrinth)
Persona 3 (dir. Yorgos Lanthimos, The Favourite)
Strider, arcade/genesis version (dir. Michael Bay, Transformers)
Journey (Pixar short)
Odin Sphere (animated by undead original Disney team)

Everyone says this and that, but we all really want a Samurai of Hyuga movie xD (And maybe a Heroes Rise one too)

also Marvel vs Capcom 2 from the Into the Spiderverse team, Strider voiced by Nick Cage

Nothing that involves any sort of player character creation nor input.

Maybe a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts…something that already has a set storyline. Otherwise, maybe side stories within a universe, which very vaguely reference the player character.

Please no. The last time they made a Final Fantasy movie it lost so much money that it permanently destroyed the studio and kept us from getting any more good Final Fantasy games.

I liked Advent Children :woman_shrugging:t2:

That wasn’t the one I was referring to.

Psychonauts, co-directed by Steven Spielberg (camp) and Tim Burton (mindscapes)

…well, I’m having fun

Mass Effect
Dragon Age
Choice of Robots
I Cyborg
Versus
Maybe Choice of Romance
Witcher Series
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (the one with AI and brain VR)
Deus Ex Series (with the atmosphere, art design and score created in Deus Ex human revolutions)

Tin Star, the longest interactive fiction game.

Demon recollect…even tho it’s a WIP xd

• The Last of Us
  • The Sims (have you guys seen the College Humor horror trailer for it a while ago…omg)
  • Saints Row (for the lulz)
  • Fallout
  • Jade Empire (one of my favorite games till this day)
  • Catherine
  • Darksiders
  • Fable
  • Stardew Valleeeey!!!
  • Avalon Code
  • Slenderman (is that a movie already?)

So many games that would be amazing as movies ;_;

Sorry for the 3rd edit buuuuuut

BORDERLANDS!!!

Dead Space.

But max from life is strange like that film!!! Do you really need any more reason to like that film!? xd FYI max got me into the band alt J so yeah… :stuck_out_tongue: . Ahem, anyhoo how about a final fantasy film based on that game where that guy with the pointy hat is in it, and that princess or something and then it’s snowy…if it isn’t obvs this for me would be due to a film based on that game would give me a nostalgiasm, played that game as a child…and yeah…

Oh and @Caspiera Fable! So much yes! But please, please no evil mc! If I wasn’t emotionally detached I would have cried so hard when we killed the guild master, and did feel so sad, so…so…evil, like genuinely evil in a bad way, I don’t think I ever did it again in future playthroughs :’( .

how about the longest journey and Syberia ? as long as they dont turn them into dudes…

those games had so much wonders to them…so they better get it right!

Omg right?! I played through the evil route for achievements but it’s so not my cup of tea though I can see why many people like it. Good MC ftw!

Been playing a lot of Vermintide 2 and I have to say I’d love to see a movie that follow the adventures of the characters in the game. I love the Warhammer Fantasy setting and thought about a movie in this universe every now and then. But I didnt think it would ever work out due to the way this particular universe work. But Vermintide storyline can be a adapted into a pretty good movie I think. A group of stranger are thrust into a dangerous situation and must learn to trust each other if they are to survive and save the day in the process. A familiar concept that has ample amount of actions and each of the character is fun and the dynamics between them will certainly make for an entertaining movie.

I mean, even this feels like a movie trailer: