Ideeeeaaaaaaaa of mythological school and whatnot 13.4.15

Headmaster is God.

:smile: Argument ≠ Valid :smile:

I will overthrown him!!! I must be the ruler. :angry:

Um…on the whole headmaster front I’m thinking of having one who is very mysterious and that their actual powers are not widely known. Also the way that the students will be controlled is that there will be teachers of all different races and be powerful enough to keep order and the students, regardless of race will not be as powerful because they’re still young and can’t hope to be the same level as power as older creatures. This doesn’t mean the students will be weak as you can increase their power and strength throughout the game. :blowfish:

3 Likes

I think it would be interesting that instead of having the headmaster be a powerful being, have him be just a wise older man who used to hunt evil creatures or capture them or something.

That way you can explain that he has learned the tricks of dealing with mythological creatures and has talismans, wards, spells, etc that allow him to deal with threats (ala Constantine).

Maybe he was given the job of headmaster after retiring as he has now become less judgmental and more understanding of otherworldly beings and their goals and motives.

I vote for this, is a good solution.

@Ayy what about an anubis like race?

@ChimeraLord
What do you mean? Because that isn’t a specific race or species so I’m not too sure how to use it.

I don’t think that would work very well, since Anubis is a skinny werewolf

But maybe Ayy could make it work, what do I know? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anubis is ok being the god of death, but i prefer Seth :grin:

Orsiris is the God of death, Anubis kind of had a similar role as today’s Grimm Reaper.
Then of course there was the crocodile hippo thing that would eat your heart in the afterlife if you were evil.

I might be able to incorporate it as a NPC but I doubt it could be a played.

If you give the head master extreme power at least make his human form be a little (as in about 3 and a half feet tall) polite old man for various raisins

2 Likes

I mean like Anubis the Egyptian god~ has powers over the dead~ has jackal
head~ good with close combat~ dual weapons

Guuuuuyyyyss, do you know how long a demo should be roughly?

I think it’s important to give readers enough so that they can decide if they would enjoy the story (or, more importantly, if you can get them hooked on it). Also you want to make sure that they can get a sense of your writing style and the type of choices that will be available to them.

So, I would say at least a complete chapter or a complete act although I suppose that doesn’t help very much since that could range from three to thirty pages. But try to end it with some suspense. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

People seem to enjoy playing through the first introductory/character creation bit. It doesn’t have to be very long; you can always add to it as you get more done. Just some story and a few choices would work.

This looks awesome and I would totally play it. I look forward to seeing how the various races interact with each other and with members of their own kind.