I, Cyborg — Outfly, outshoot, and outwit all your enemies!

What does anyone think of ‘Long Live the Queen’ by Hanako Games? Excellent stat-based CYOA, great characters, and SAVES. This was an excellent story, it would make an excellent novel, the dialogue and interplay of characters is exquisite, but I’m exhausted after one play through, and reading how several people are having trouble on the airshow, imitating Y., etc, is not encouraging. It’s a little difficult to roleplay as well, since the situations are so unusual. I wouldn’t mind if this game was split up into two or three titles, like Herorise and Vampire.

So you basically can’t romance Kristen on your own merits, but get judged for Y.'s faults. Harsh, but it’s a harsh game.

After playing the game a bit more, I actually think it’s much better than I thought. Unlike some other notable titles, the MC really isn’t the centre of the universe, and doesn’t have a set goal. In Vampire the MC notably has to choose a purpose at the start (find true love, make immortal art, etc), but Cyborg is quite a roleplaying challenge as the MCs determines just what they want during the story. You definitely need a strong idea of who your character is (not just what character type you’re playing) to get an emotionally satisfying end. It was interesting to really not know if I was going to work with Y. or end the game planning to shoot him, until the last minute.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m having a bit of trouble getting one of the secret achievements, the one where you’re supposed to give a eulogy for Ypsilanti? Are they supposed to die at some point since I can’t really find a path where they d.

Hi! I’m having a bit of trouble getting one of the secret achievements

In order to get onto that path, Ypsilanti has to die. That only happens if Ypsilanti tries to step in when Wynne Daley is threatening you, which, in turn, only happens if Ypsilanti has a high Heart of Gold stat.

Ypsilanti’s Heart of Gold is set earlier in the game - if yours is high, Y’s will be low, and vice-versa. If you’ve been playing as a good guy, Ypsilanti will be a bad guy, and you’ll never end up on this path.

There’s one other factor: if Ypsilanti has a high Heart of Gold, s/he still only steps in if s/he thinks Wynne is treating you badly. If you offer a win/win deal Ypsilanti has no complaint with it.

1 Like

Something I missed, while I love playing the bad guy, deviant Android. So I can hook up with the super-cute pirate king.

I just recently played thia game twice now and I got to say I quite enjoyed it a lot. The world instantly hooked me and the characters are diverse and distinct from each other that I remember most of them by name (something that doesn’t happen often for me. At least not in all cog games.)
If I can have only one criticism is that I felt Ypsilante did not have enough screentime. S/he had enough that I also enjoyed them a lot, but not enough to actually have a relationship with the MC to speak of. S/he treats us as their property at first but then by the end (if you made the right choices I imagine. Can’t speak for everyone.) They treat us like a person and I felt that development was too fast and out of nowhere. In fact I was expecting them not to invite me to be their copilot by the end because I felt I did not impressed them enough in my first play but it turns out I did. Actually by the end I was left wanting more (and you can take that as a positive or a negative.) Basically, I feel this game would benefit from having a sequel, one that could focus on our relationship with Ypsilante and how it develops. Maybe a heist story where our trust is put to the test? Will they be able to continue cooperating? Or will their distrust of each other turn them against one another? What would be their reputation? Maybe Ypsilante finds it a bit awkward having a permanent partner? And will the MC plan to murder and usurp them or change their mind? Something like that.
The set up is there and it’s filled with possibilities. In fact, if I can draw a comparison, I see this game as the first X-men movie. The movie is great, it sets up the characters nicely and tells a good self contained story but leaves you wanting more. Then the sequel blows it out of the park by telling a better story thanks to having the first one as a jumping point. That’s how I see it.
Overall, great story and I hope you are able to do a sequel for this one which, I think, would benefit this even more.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this one. It really lets you get into the shoes of your character and takes you to all sorts of interesting places no matter where you go.

I dare say this one is underrated and deserves some more love and attention.

7 Likes

A good sequel would be good, but reach>grasp some things are best left to the imagination.

I keep failing to steal either the data or the braid from Governor Noha. Can someone help me?

Just curious if anyone has figured this out: how does the game decide whose the crime boss that is attacked and which captain attacks the other crime lord. Haven’t ever quite been able to figure it out.

The heist should be possible for any character build if you make choices that play to your strengths. (During playtesting I tried to make sure you could get the best outcome for a wide variety of skills and playstyles.) Look for #options that test your highest skill. (The best options depend on your skills, and to a lesser extent your personality.)

If anyone, could tell me how to get Dant y Neidr from Kishore, I’d appreciate it.

I’ve managed it in the past, but I can’t remember what the condition is.

If Relationship: Kishore is above 35 at the airshow, he’ll offer you a job and throw in the Dant y Neidr as a signing bonus.

1 Like

(whoops, didn’t see this!)

Each crime lord has a Status variable - it isn’t displayed at the Stats screen, but it affects the way other NPCs talk about who’s doing well or badly. Helping a crime lord’s business by doing jobs for them or passing them information increases their Status, and interfering with them - informing on them, stealing on them, selling them the Sphinx’s weapons - lowers it.

In Chapter 9, the crime lords with the highest Status attacks the one with the lowest Status. If there’s a tie for last, it goes to whoever you have the lower Relationship with, and if there’s a tie for first, it goes to whoever you have the highest Relationship with. That way, you aren’t always in the position of being asked to defend someone you get along with from someone you don’t - sometimes you’ve been asked for help by someone you’ve been at odds with, and deciding to help the attackers might be the choice that fits better with the way you’ve been playing your character.

3 Likes

Shame game doesn’t have saves and that u can’t set Ypsilanti’s personality true chooses that u make about remembering about her, or how u think she will do, that u make in the game. Also, fkng anagrams, I don’t understand English enough for this, What Ypsilanti stands for???

And why all the time Pehlivan’s robot gets away?! I hucked it and used campaign on it, but every time it have braid, wtf???

“Ypsilanti” is the name of an American city. (So’s “Buffalo”, one of the suggested character names.) One of the branches mentions that you know why Ypsilanti picked that name - it isn’t the one s/he was born with - but doesn’t tell you the reason.

The anagrams are mentioned when you find out that the Polarity Sinew is the ship Ypsilanti is flying in the airshow. “Polarity Sinew” has the same letters as the name “Ypsilanti Rowe”, just arranged in a different order. Ypsilanti loves to brag, but making his/her real name public right then would have spoiled his/her larger plans, so s/he worked his/her name into the name of the ship s/he was flying as a private joke.

1 Like

Successfully stealing the braid depends on several different skill checks once you’ve arrived on the ship. If you could post what choices you’re making and your skill and personality values, we could figure out why you’re failing.

1 Like

Ok, I found out what’s wrong. U just need to shoot robot at the end, to make a distraction. That way u get braid all to herself :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for explaining about anagrams :3

Been playing the game for a while now, but I gotta ask.

Is it better to play as a one trick pony (godly Piloting/Gunnery/Charm/etc., everything else meh) or to have two or three stats you focus on?