Hello, my friends. I’m Salazar and this WiP is my first attempt at writing an IF gamebook. I’ve been reading IF for a number of years now and I decided to make my own.
This is the first of twelve planned chapters. I plan on updating every month. I’m shooting for 80.000-100.000 words, so as you can tell, this is a medium scale project.
Hunter’s Dream: The Shadow Within is a Dark Fantasy Interactive Novel set in a vicious medievalist world, stripped of its magic by gods who abandoned it, with mysteries to uncover that many would kill to know and few would kill to keep secret.
In this adventure, you’ll play the role of a beast hunter, one of the last of your kind, although a rare disease threatens that status.
Hunters were once the bane of abominations who roamed the land, but in the common era, you mostly deal with wild beasts that most aren’t prepared to handle.
Your seemingly slow fate to an uneventful death changes when you receive a very uncommon offer by two noble siblings, who wish to hire your services as an escort to guide them to the Temple of Kroathar, the heart of blood magic.
- Play as male or female, gay or straight.
- Romance the heir of an Archduchy or his beautiful sister. Marry into nobility or follow your heart.
- Make decisions that will shape the Kingdom of Eudhaymon for years to come.
- Uncover secrets about magic that humankind was never meant to know.
- Discover the mystery of your disease and unearth your own dark past.
Blood and gore, dismemberment, violence, strong language, insults.
I’d like feedback on stats, choices, dialogue and prose. English is not my native language, so feel free to comment about anythng that sticks out. Thank you.
To play the demo, which now contains 7400 words, go here: Demo