Hunters: Born of Blood
Everyone always told you that monsters didn’t exist, that your nightmares couldn’t hurt you. They weren’t real, you believed that. Or, at least, you did… until your nightmares entered the waking world and tore apart everything that mattered.
Now you know the truth.
Entering a world both new and yet disturbingly familiar, you realise that the shadows might just be holding monsters after all. So you’re trained to fight, to kill, to pursue the horrors that once haunted your dreams.
All the whilst hiding the fact that you might just be one of the very things you’ve been trained to hunt…
- Play as male, female or non-binary
- Embrace or reject your growing powers that you struggle to understand.
- Hunt down Aberrations from other worlds.
- Do whatever it takes to get your revenge on the man that ripped your family apart, or learn to let go.
- Have your emotions rule you as you struggle to cling on to your sanity, or let the world tear them away completely.
- Romance a sorceress, vampires or other humans and choose where your loyalty lies.
Contains violence, death, swearing, reference of child abuse (not the MC)
Trigger warning - The MC witnesses the death of their parents
This story can get relatively dark with the MC being traumatised through the events of their life- but you can control how far they potentially fall/recover.
There are currently 3 male and 3 female options available for any MC:
- (F) Tara Russo - Sorceress
- (M) Alex Fraser - Human
- (F) Ashley Conaway - Vampire
- (M) Isaac Conaway - Human
- (F) Skylar Coleman - Human
- (M) Lawrence Blakewell - Vampire
I’m hesitant right now to add anymore details, but I can potentially add them in if that’s what people prefer.
Currently the demo includes the prologue which contains roughly 11600 words and an average 6500 on a single play through. The prologue covers the MC’s childhood and Chapter One will contain the lead up to joining the Hunters.
I’m worried the prologue might feel rushed, since it goes through the years relatively quickly - but I also don’t want to spend too long there so I’d love peoples thoughts on it! Any feedback in general would be greatly appreciated - grammar, flow, errors, suggestions or choices you might want, if this is even a good idea, etc,
Thank you for your time!
Chapter one has been added standing at around 23.5k words taking the total to about 35k with an average of 15.5k per play through. A few small edits have also been made to the prologue. Chapter one covers the immediate aftermath leading on from the prologue and basically covers the MC’s introduction to the Hunters.
It might be a bit messy at the beginning due to the amount of code jumping that goes on so please let me know if something doesn’t feel right for your character/you feel there’s a choice you want to make that’s not available