By Crom: A Celtic Adventure

By Crom: A Celtic Adventure
By Fionn Graham

The Isle on which you were born is mystical and fierce.
From humble beginnings, you will struggle and fight to make something of yourself.
May the winds be at your back, and may the gods be at your side.

This is (most likely)the final open beta test to make sure it’s ship-shape and includes the full game with multiple new endings and additions. The promotional art is also finally complete. Any help or fixes -whatsoever- please let me know. Also, if possible, accompanied with a screenshot of the problem.
Enjoy!

[link closed temporarily]

Set in pre-Christian Celtic Ireland, in a land of clans, druids, and chaos

(Play as male, female, trans or cis)
Prologue and chapters 1-8 available in link below for 24hrs! (approx. 64,000)

250 Likes

In the name of all that is holy add some borders, paragraphs, anything!

4 Likes

Working on that right now :+1:

1 Like

Those spacing issues should be fixed now, thanks!

This is the best game i have seen, the field descriptions are unparalleled, not to mention the amzing use of words. keep the hard work going

1 Like

Thanks so much!
Really appreciate the feedback

After reading the start of this, I am very impressed with how the author uses words and am really interested to see how the characters develop as the story goes on.

1 Like

Thanks a mil!

1 Like

hi, i really like what’s written so far! Just a suggestion, in your intro post, it would be more appropriate to add the choice to be cis or transgender instead of just saying “male, female OR trans” as the latter is not a whole other gender like male or female. I hope this makes sense!

4 Likes

Glad you like it! I’ll fix that issue,
I see why it could be a problem :+1: :grinning:

Errors:

It was a fine little thing, you thing to yourself. think

The sun is just barely up and you’d have plenty of work to do when father rose. Should be you’ll and rises.

you don’t imagine she’d be too happy with giving him another sup of milk so soon. her, unless there’s some unspoken farmer’s rule about all lambs being male.

his face scrunched into a grimace and a whiff of morning breath hits you. There should be a comma before the “and”.

but your Dad cuts you off before you were able to blurt it out. are

“Well this area’s sandier than most o’ the rest”,. The comma should be right after rest, in the dialogue tags. This error is repeated throughout the demo.

During the mud fight with Conan, greying out the options you’ve already chosen would be useful.

I’ve only read the prologue as of now, but this might be one of my favourite demos. The writing is incredibly captivating, and the details, rather than being overwhelming, all seem to serve their purpose. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I’m so glad you enjoy it!
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to outline these issues, I’ll get to fixing them as soon as I’m on the computer again.
Thanks a million,
Fionn

1 Like

This story looks rather interesting ill bookmark it for later

1 Like

It’s interesting so far looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like

I like it so far, but I think there is a bug?
I chose to take Ultan with me but the men at the camp and the text afterwards say my MC left him behind, which is not true.

Haven’t played further now atm.

Also, I would highly appreciate save slots! :3

Gonna try reading again later, since I kinda don’t wanna play the route were I left the guy behind lol

4 Likes

Thanks,
I’ll check that out right away!

1 Like

Ah, I’m sorry, I made a mistake somehow, probably?

It first says “You tell them what had happened, of the desolation of the Ó Broinn army, and the illness that had forced you to leave Ultan.”
But a few sentences after (I literally stopped after this one though…) it says he’s on the horse.

That was a bit confusing, so I’m not sure if that was intentional?

I’m sorry if I created more work, that wasn’t my intention ;-;

2 Likes

Thats no problem, I was planning on elaborating there anyway👍

1 Like

Made a map to help the readers (and myself) get their heads around the worldbuilding.
Best of luck, adventurers!

1 Like

I loved the atmosphere of the opening morning on the farm, and delivering the lamb. Even though it was a quiet beginning, it never felt slow or boring to me. I’m definitely interested in seeing more of this.

2 Likes