Hong Kong Blood Opera Updated 16th January

Why was that locked out? I’d prefer to have the seen play out that way for when my MC leaves.

I may have fixed that.

But it won’t update right away. I am currently working on stuffing three more chapters into the demo asap. But thanks for flagging it. Upon reflection I need to adjust some of the Selectable If statements

2 Likes

so mc and baiyu’s age difference isn’t that big? i thought she’s far older than mc because of how she talks!

since it’s destructible that means mc gets to wear many different clothes right?
tumblr_la5sndYdag1qe91wdo1_250

typos and errors

the gun with the demons engraved on it

remove the second underground

I

this?

add comma after easy

spin dropped his gun

Your mother was a political dissident. This “Black Fan” sounds like some kind of crime lord.

underworld cities

and rags

perhaps add *line_break before this sentence? since it’s said by different person

You

going

how about “You are wearing your everyday clothes. They are wrinkled.”

“Pagu Island.”

See,

several *selectable_if are showing

1 Like

I find it more impactful if my MC attempts to kiss someone she’s had a crush on not knowing the next time she will be able to see her again. Then after coming back not only and having to identify her dead father, but also seeing the woman she has feelings for in a coma.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I identified a line of bad code that was causing the problem. I’m also updating the game with a new chapter in a few minutes.

I still can’t pick it. Maybe the stat requirement is too high.

I have adressed it. I’ve thought about what you said earlier about stats acting as gatekeepers too. I think I have a solution. I am designing a setback system where you get sent to a detention scene where you work on increasing the stat before going back to the story. This is very in genre too. The Baiyu choices will be sorted in the next update

Wow thank you so much for this it’s appreciated.

As to wardrobe you will have to change clothes several times. A lot of places have a dress code and you can’t walk in wearing bloody rags.

1 Like

source
yes

There’s one reservoir dogs wardrobe change though. Not all of your new
friends have lots of nice clothes your size.

1 Like

I played the first few minutes of Sleeping Dogs but it kept crashing on me. They are also Canadian Hong Kong action movie fans by the sounds of it. Sleeping Dogs looks good but it’s not an inspiration for this game. But they’re both inspired by the same source material.

Just a minor update today with a few subplot scenes. If you haven’t played the last two updates then there’s quite a bit of new material here. I’m hoping to have this up to 100,000 playable words around the end of the month. If you’ve already played the last update you may want to wait until then.

5 Likes

Loving the demo, really like that snark and crazy stats :laughing: anyway, not sure is this already reported or not, I’ve found error when choose to accept Brad offer:

Summary

Thank you kindly. I just fixed that. Updated the game a bit too.

1 Like

Is literally no one playing a female? I took photos of dad and chose that I’m a woman. And the game gave me a 1 83 non variable error he.

01 line 83: non variable he

If you aren’t already aware

“You’ll be avenged”
“Martial arts”
“Mr”
Error

That was a new bug. I hadn’t reuploaded startup.txt when I did the last update which made the game unplayable for everyone.

Well let me know when it’s fixed want to give it a try.

I will get back to you soon. I am debugging and bringing it up to 100,000 words this week.

1 Like