Honey and Fire (TEMPORARY HIATUS - New RO added)

Will there be a changelog.

If you this going be sad story I am going need lot water bottle for my crying :cry:

1 Like

I don’t know how I didn’t find this wip earlier

both @sidonh and @Eclipse First of all, thank you for the advice! I have trouble managing goals because I’m regulating all of this myself and I’m a flake, so I can’t even stick to my deadlines cause I know the guy who set them and he’s full of shit.

I know there’s a possibility I have ADHD (mostly from, um… being able to deeply relate to literally everything I’ve seen an adult with ADHD say they experience because of it) but I’ve never been diagnosed with anything, even stuff I know for a fact I have because it’s stuff that’s kinda hard to miss. I know I should see a professional. But unfortunately, “I should” is a lot different than “I can.”

I’m going to at least try harder to put what you’ve both told me into practice and one thing I’m aware of myself and am trying so hard to follow through with is just giving myself a break. If I can’t write at the moment, then I can’t do it and exhausting myself with self-loathing, overthinking, a blank document, and an awful backache isn’t going to do me any favors.

I guess there’s no magic cure for executive dysfunction and most of it is just on me to do better. Not like I didn’t expect that, but still lol

@Arcane_warrior There can be. I need to redo the original post anyway to be neater, so I’ll probably add that. Do people consider a changelog to be important? :thinking:

@Takashi_Shin Well… :sweat_smile: It’s a story dealing with trauma, several kinds of abuse, violence and a little death, so I can promise it’s not going to be lighthearted at least. There will be plenty of emotions at play.

@Taylor_Enean Thank you! I’m working on chapter one as we speak. Hope to have it up by next month.

@jonnyboy666 haha! It hasn’t been around very long yet. I’m glad if you enjoyed it tho!

8 Likes

I do it just nice to see what’s been updated and whats fixed and so on.

2 Likes

I’m just making a little comment here to say:

I’m too sick to work on the game at the moment, so I’ll be taking a little break and the next update will be later than I wanted it to be. I’ll get back to work when I stop feeling like I’m dying lol.

14 Likes

Hope you will get better asap! (Not to get on with work, but not to feel like dying lol)

1 Like

get well…keep hydrated…remember to sleep alot ! Take care ! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Oh god. Oh god. I LOVE this Game!!! Its one if the best!!! I keep replaying it and play it again anad again!! Really awesome!!! Love your work! Love everything in it! Cant wait for another update!!!

1 Like

hope you feel better

2 Likes

That’s all good just don’t worry about it, just feel better okay.:+1:

3 Likes

Ok, so I just finished playing this, and I gotta it’s pretty good! I haven’t seen any spelling/grammar errors so far (good job!), and the pacing is pretty good. I am curious to know what our character is, and why they have no memories… and why when the Main Character first woke up they couldn’t move… and who “they” are (and by “they”, I mean the people Zenos was talking about)… and will the Main Character ever learn to read and write… geez, I just realized I have a lot of questions :sweat_smile:, and I’m pretty sure (actually, I’m hoping) all of these questions will be answered in due time.

Oh yeah, before I forget; so far Day is my favorite RO, but mostly because of his two adorable rottweilers! :heart:

7 Likes

Love it!! Your style is so warm and inviting and it feels so genuine. Definitely a favorite of mine.

2 Likes

To be honest it started off a little dry but by the time the you’re introduced to the zenos it gets very interesting

2 Likes

A valid reason honestly

12 Likes

yep

Oof still feel like garbage but I’d like to think I’m starting to get better. Thanks everyone for the well-wishes! I’m hoping to get back to work in the next few days. I’m excited to get this next update out :blush:

Thanks so much! I’m so happy seeing people get enthusiastic about this WIP :grin:

Thank you!! I’ve never recieved a compliment like that before, that’s super flattering!

Thanks for your comment! I’m glad if it got better for you later, but if you don’t mind, I’m curious what you mean by dry? (Is it Day? Is it his awful personality? Cause I can understand that lol)

(Good thing you didn’t see the demo when it was first uploaded then lollll)

All of these will be answered, yes! Why the MC’s memories are missing and who “they” are are major story elements so those’ll be answered in due time. But I can tell you, there’ll come a point where you will learn to read and write, yes :laughing: as for what the MC is, I haven’t been keeping that secret really. Or it wasn’t my intention to have that be a secret or like a “plot twist” moment, so especially on the tumblr the MC’s species is openly discussed (they’re a dragon. Their body is human (or humanoid) now and why that is is also a major plot point.) I’m more attempting to protray on the side of… The MC knows they’re not human and they know what they are and what they’re capable of. They just don’t have this human word for what they are, so they’re not gonna come out and start off saying, “I’m -this species-!” or anything.

Seconded

11 Likes

I really like where this is going and I’m excited for it

I just finished playing the demo and I feckin LOVE it so far!:sparkling_heart: The writing was easy to read and so not complicated for the sake of writing aesthetics, the plot for the story REALLY intrigues me especially the back story for our MC and Day and his 2 absolutely precious rottweillers, and i personally just can’t wait to progress further with either Day or Zenos and with the story. Other than a tiny typo i encountered (which i forgot to screenshot and post here but maybe after i play through it again, i will post it), i Absolutely cannot wait for you to update the next part. Keep up the excellent work m8!

1 Like

if you had choice save Day or Koda how will you save