Honey and Fire (TEMPORARY HIATUS - New RO added)

you could make the ‘claws’ come out under stress or some emotional triggers .

4 Likes

ooo interesting! what do you mean right now? can something potentially happen that can cause some changes to happen, like the stuff i mentioned? because i am all for that :smirk: anyway i was just asking since day and the girl called the MC it, which made me think that we might not look 100% human :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@E_RedMark Yeah, that’s about what my original idea was in regards to MC’s inhumanness (is that a word? Inhumanness? Inhumanity? …Whatever.)

@komorebi Something can happen, something has happened… You’ll experience a lot of change throughout the story. :grin: Oh, yeah, that. That’s cause they know what you are but they’re not yet sure how human your mind is. Don’t worry, they’ll be corrected at the start of chapter 1, because… well, they have to talk to you at some point lol.

4 Likes

inhumanity…so google tell meh lol yeah…feel like biting my tongue too trying to say it :joy:

I would probably suggest starting relationships at a more neutral 40–60%. If they start at 10–20%, they can’t really go down to show when a person starts hating the MC more. So, unless the character hates everyone they don’t know (Day? :thinking: That’s… not really cute… :sweat_smile:) it would make sense (in my mind) to have them start higher.

Good luck with the game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s also true! I think I’ll run with your suggestion. I’m bad with numbers :stuck_out_tongue: I’m already looking at the game so I’ll just change that real quick so the team is more neutral and Day seems a little less harsh (Don’t mind Day. He’s not mean or hateful specifically, but he’s… not a friendly boy, for sure lol. I hope I can make him likable still //sobs but if you don’t like him, you can shit talk him to the others)

Thank you :smiley:

7 Likes

I find it rather fascinating that the ones who have met the MC so far have their starting relationship point at 40%. It gives the impression that while their not particularly hostile toward the MC, something about them makes them not exactly neutral toward the young being either and actually lean a bit on the negative side with their impressions.

I find it even more interesting that Day (the person the real leader left in charge of watching over the MC) has the lowest starting relationship toward MC so far. I wonder if it’s due to knowing more about the MC than the others or if something else fuels his reasons for having the most negative views of them so far (at least, that’s the impression the numbers have given me so far). :thinking:

1 Like

What if the MC’s eyes glow? Like the team is travelling in dark, they turn to look at you and then BAM

14 Likes

Daaaaaamnnn!! That would be nice! Or when you are mad, have smoke coming out of your eyes! Like in dragon age!

dragon_age_red_eyes2_9974

4 Likes

I wholly support that

1 Like

Short yet satisfying. What more could I ask for?!
The demo is amazing and left me wanting more!
Definitely keeping an eye on this.:+1:t3::hugs:

1 Like

I~~m gonna keep my mouth shut about that this time. :wink:

Summary

Everyone: this is giving me this theory

Me:
-pe9YWrw_400x400

MC’s in that stance, specifically.

Anyway, some changes will happen during bouts of strong emotion. I won’t list them specifically (some might depend on the situation) but I like to think they’re going to pretty cool. (Ah, I will say: yes, though human in body now, the flame remains in your eyes.)

I want to reiterate cause I don’t think I responded to everyone before the comments were lost to me: thank you guys so much for the encouraging comments! I’m really happy to see my first attempt at a game being received so well despite how short the demo is currently (and the fact I wrote it in like a day) The beginning of chapter 1 is coming along well, but there’s quite of bit of writing to do before I update so I don’t want to put a date on the next update. I want to get questions answered and characters introduced in one go (or as much of one go as I can. So, not one go.), so expect a lot more content next time.

7 Likes

What got you to make Honey and Fire

@Takashi_Shin Well, I knew I wanted to try making a game for months now. Ever since I took a look at the forums and found not only so many great WIPs but so many wonderful people, too; I was very inspired by the forums.

I actually had a completely different idea to do first, and that idea is kind of my baby project now so it’s still in development, but I’m making this one first for a couple reasons: 1. I have to start somewhere and this game will make good practice. 2. I was so suddenly struck by the idea I started working on the prologue immediately and since this creative streak has continued for longer than I expected, I’m happy to stick with it.

The idea for the story itself doesn’t have much inspiration I can tie it to. The characters I created in my head had their own inspirations (mostly musical tbh) and they in turn inspired the story. (This is also why Day was introduced first in the demo. He was the first one to take up residence in my imagination, it only felt right.)

12 Likes

How big is the MC in their dragon form?

@Zeom Full dragon? I’d say about the size of a two story house at the biggest. It depends.

2 Likes

Well. You definitively had me captivated until the last drop.

Both point of view were well written… will you continue on or is it just until MC wakes up?
I hope we can befriend the dogs.

Followed

4 Likes

@Antinomique First, thank you. :grin: Second, continue on with the different perspective? Well, there will be moments later in the game that must be told from a different perspective, but the majority will be from your’s, as the MC, after you wake up at the start of chapter 1.
And you can befriend the dogs. But Day and his dogs are kind of a packaged deal, so if you want one you have to have the other too :wink:

10 Likes

see I knew the dogs were a trap :grin:

8 Likes

I have no choice but to fall head first then…

Beside, poking fun to old grumpy man is my thing

1 Like