Honey and Fire (TEMPORARY HIATUS - New RO added)

what will you do if you are mc all this had going down for you

just non-stop anxiety attacks and nothing else babey!!

No, seriously. I don’t know. The whole awesome thing about these stories is that I’m not the MCs, because I really don’t want to be because holy shit can you imagine

Anyway, a small writing update and something else I wanted to say. I’ve already said all these things on the tumblr (go follow the tumblr we’re 4 away from 400 followers), I just realized recently it’s relevant enough to put on here

The rewrite has not been underway just yet, because seasonal depression and fucking up my diet has ruined my productivity for the most part. However, I’m getting a much clearer idea of all the new things that will be added once I do get to rewriting and I thought I’d let you guys know what to expect when this is all done and posted:

-longer prologue

-more memories! Making things clearer and more confusing at the same time!

-more character defining moments and options

-customization scene might stay the same cause I don’t look forward to writing that again

-trans option! As in, early on! Instead of choosing your gender and then much later defining if you’re trans or cis.

-major change to stats page and new stats!

-completely different first interactions with characters (so you’re not bombarded with 6 characters to remember one after the other)

I believe that’s the full list for now. The second thing I wanted to mention:

I made a list of all the awful things that will be featured in the ROs’ backstories (which doesn’t include the MC’s backstory or the story to come because no spoilers for you) and I decided to share it. It’s a bit of teaser, but primarily it is a warning, so take it as such that this is not a game for kids or people with certain triggers.

If you’ve been on the tumblr and seen some spoilers, than some of these will be obvious, but no names for whose backstory features what.

HoF, otherwise known as, "Strap in, fellas. This is gonna be a rough one.
  1. Implied sexual abuse/pedophilia
  2. Physical abuse
  3. Psychological abuse x2
  4. Murder x3
  5. Kidnapping x2
  6. Imprisonment and torture x2
  7. Vague/mild homophobia/heterosexism x2 (depending on how one of these is written in the final version, could also add on vague transphobia)
  8. Physical and spiritual assault
  9. Witnessing death of loved one(s) x3
  10. Attempted suicide
  11. Trauma and heartbreak x9
22 Likes

If Mc had stop fight do it with any way he or she can and if had dragon power back do this way

2 Likes

oof… These three are gonna be tough ones for me… Shid bruh.

2 Likes

@TheWarsOfStars Well, at least they’re completely missable, depending on who you romance/befriend.

Except for the x9 one, that… yeah, no one in this story is okay.

4 Likes

Can you give us a hint as to who has what? I’m very curious now.

2 Likes

Hmm… no, but I can tell you who I already (vaguely) revealed on the tumblr. The first three refer to Day and Koda. As Day is a CSA survivor and Koda was physically abused. Other parts of that list also make up their past so don’t think that’s their full backstory right there however.

Ah, I think I’ve also heavily implied Auziel has witnessed the death of a loved one. So there’s that one, too.

Also I’ll take this opportunity to say I didn’t have wifi yesterday and I still don’t today (currently using a hotspot for a little bit) and I’m hoping I will have it by the end of the day or at least just eventually, but I’m posting a warning in case my anxiety turns out to be correct and I don’t ever get wifi again. I don’t know what I’ll do if that’s the case, but I’ll try to figure something that.

8 Likes

Got internet finally :smiley: Been working in the meantime, but that was on my other project, for which I don’t expect to have a demo ready very soon.

As for HoF, it’ll also be taking some time but hopefully will be worth it. I can’t stop shuffling scenes around to save my life, but I think I finally figured out something I’m happy with. For now.

Ah, this also means that Auziel will no longer be introduced halfway through the story. Instead they will be introduced sooner, right before (I’d say) the beginning of the second act.

18 Likes

glad your are back jack

Always happy to see any kind of activity from you on here or tumblr c: good luck with your other project! Looking forward to giving it a try.

4 Likes

What’s the other project about?

1 Like

More information will be available when the project itself is revealed, but it’s supernatural and set in modern times (which is also why I wanted to work on it now. I want a modern-day project to turn to when I’m tired of fantasy writing :stuck_out_tongue:) Features demons, maybe a werewolf and witches… mostly demons. Judging sizes, I expect book one to be published even before Honey and Fire is finished. (If that tells you how big Honey and Fire will probably be by the end)

17 Likes

I fell in love with this story as soon as I read it. I’m a big believer in who you are now is more important than who you were, but that it doesn’t mean that who you were isn’t important at all, and this story portrays it perfectly so far. The elusion towards a hidden past and an unknown future really keeps me glued to it. I look forward to seeing how it evolves in the future.

5 Likes

what got you make Honey and fire [ PS if someone kick me choice of game 23 day of no new on this wait for it to be two month thank you]

Oh god. Hey I’m here! Alive! I’m very sick right now tho (yes, again). And I guess I’ll inform you all now: currently my focus is on my other project until the demo is finished. Just because that’s where my focus decided to be right now. It didn’t want to be on Honey and Fire. But Honey and Fire will have its time soonish. Once I can finally shift my focus, I’ll be back to work on the rewrite. Can’t tell you how long it’ll be until then and when it’s done, but just letting you know how I’m doing things.

@Kelsie_Grobben Thank you very much! I think that’s definitely something I had in mind while writing. This is currently being rewritten but I hope when the new start and moving forward will still protray that well enough :stuck_out_tongue:

@Smol_Tatortot I got really inspired to try making a game after being on the forums for a couple months. I actually had an entirely different story idea that’s now currently on the back burner, but the idea for this one just came to me so suddenly I had to work on it and I thought would be good to do instead of my first idea because the other one was ambitious and kind of my baby. I had a clumsy start as a newbie and now this one is p ambitious and kind of my baby, thus the rewrite, but ya know… getting way too attached to things is how I roll lol.

22 Likes

Geez, hope you get better soon!

:scream:

Dude, the more you talk about the mysterious new project, the more curious I become… though that doesn’t mean I don’t want Honey and Fire to stay on hiatus.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.