Holy Ordos WIP [a Warhammer 40k inspired game] [updated v0.4.1, 2020/08/05]

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.

I asked for this to be unlocked because I am still working on it, honest: I just didn’t do any work on it in October.

Currently 2nd drafting the first half (more like third) of chapter 3, which I think is live on dashingdon (I forget) and bringing the second third up to playable level - which it is close-ish to.

12 Likes

A great, great game, too bad it’s gender locked. At first I didn’t even realize that I have entered a triangle relationship when trying to grow closer to our teammates so it’s pretty confusing

2 Likes

I know right :frowning:. It is my intention to do something about this one day, but its low priority.

Yeah, that’s my bad. The relationship stuff is a mess at the moment. See bugs, issues, mistakes, inconsistencies or just things that are not properly explained let me know and I will put them on the endless to-do list!

2 Likes

Okay, just complete the list, I will continue becoming a heartless killing machine and abandon my teammates

It’s nice to see you back. I quite enjoyed your WIP

1 Like

A little typo

1 Like

A bug, although I didn’t have many power, the game allows us to use every abilities at this scene

1 Like

That’s a blessing by the God-Emperor to allow you to fulfill your work regardless of your actual prowess

4 Likes

@Manaxaggd Fixed, thanks

Also laughing: finally a use for psychic stench in the game :relieved:

The psychic stench will probably the most powerful power in existence if this is a kid-friendly game without violence but unfortunately that we are in a universe where mad gods create mad daemons for madly wars

380 000 words as of today. Those were the numbers I wanted to see.

9 Likes

I don’t want to make this request but can you PLEASE add a “special help” ( cheat ). I know, I know, it will make this game less interesting, less intriguing,… but the dice system is irritating, I failed a intelligence check when facing the daemons and even after abuse the save system countless times ( yes, it’s literally COUNTLESS times ) I still can’t pass the check ( 43 intelligence ). The fellowship is even worse, I can’t remember how many times I have to reset the game to roll the perfect stats just to get the right dialogue when talking to someone ( 38 fellowship )

@Manaxaggd Could you please tell me where these two particular dice roles are (which chapter, where in chapter, include a text snippet). I would like to track them down and look at the code.

I have no objection to cheat mode in principle, but if certain checks are very frustrating then perhaps they should be lowered anyway.

2 Likes

Fellowship : When we convince the captain ( don’t actually remember his role ) to get more information about what happened in the mine.
Intelligence : The intelligence check required to realize the crystal immediately in chapter 1. The chess game with the captain in chapter 3( I buffed luck and blather and still be pitied as a beginner)
Maybe it’s just bad luck

If it is the one I am thinking about Its probably because you don’t have Forbidden Lore (Daemons)

*if int_1d100 <= (((int + 10) + Flore_modifier) * FLore_daemon)

but since FLore_daemon is always going to be 0 at this early stage unless you start with the blighted schola origin, it will autofail without that specific background (you have 0 knowledge of daemons). I will have a think - I seem to remember it checked Forbidden Lore (Warp) in some previous iteration.