Holy Ordos WIP [a Warhammer 40k inspired game] [updated v0.4.1, 2020/08/05]

warhammer is pretty niche and very nerdy - it is also expensive

anyway, ive written somemore, that is, i am still writing.

3 Likes

All good bud no judgement, just caught me off guard.

Yea it is. I personally donā€™t even play it I just think itā€™s cool and occasionally buy a miniature just to have. They are also good to use for role playing games as visual aids.
(Gurps fan)

4-Chan scares me a bit itā€™s a half step better than league of legends in game chat.

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnyways
The Emperor protects us in our time of need in this holiest of holy games.

2 Likes

Loooovvvveeee warhammer, ugh I just wanna be everything in it! I wanna play as a sister of battle, an inquisitor, an astarte, an imperial navy captain, a death korp soldier, gimmmmmmeeee

2 Likes

It is shocking to see someone who never heard of WH40k. I live in a backwater that was using donkeys as a primary mode of transportation in my lifetime and I heard of it.

I donā€™t even like tabletops. But hey youtube pointed me to Emperor Text-To-Speech. So Iā€™ll just take it as the God-Emperor being real and pointing me to his holiness. Praise be.

What why? Why would anyone want to be one? Yes they are awesome, but by the Emperor. I wouldnā€™t want to be one. I guess itā€™s like Grey Knights. Theyā€™re awesome excluding their abomination against all that was, is and will be. But by the Emperor their training.

5 Likes

Because as much as I love everything else on that list, I gotta add something guard. They protect the Emperorā€™s domain sometimes with nothing except their las gun, helmet and maybe a flak vest, theyā€™re the real ultimate badasses! Emperor protects.

1 Like

I would rather be a Kasrkin trooper or a Kill squad trooper or even a Tempestus scions there all bad asses.

im curios what character that we interacted with you liked most and why
im personally not sure myself so many to choose from.

I went after Solaria.

Just wanted to drop by really quick and say: Heck Yeah! Warhammer 40K interactive fan-fic! Best news of the week!

So, thank you.

2 Likes

a little update: i took a break from writing for a bit but now I am at 77,000 words

1 Like

"7,000 words?

Sweet God Emperor you are a writing machine spirit!

impressive writing btw alice

3 Likes

I finally made it to 80,000 words. But I cheated - I started chapter 3 instead of finishing chapter 2 because i got bogged down - ive got a to-do list a mile long to bring chapter 2 into a sembelence of something that can be shared. I am enjoying writing chapter 2 but sometimes its nice to jump around.

As i mentioned in the op, im basically just adapting scenarios into choicescript with some flair and some characters i made up, so for chapter 3 I thought I would start the bulk of the game proper, since chapter 1 is the trial by fire, and chapter 2 is a taster for interaction and investigation + laying groundwork for a ā€œmain antagonistā€; plus it allowed me to explore the vast wealth disparities in the hives and write about going to balls (but in space); now i hope to adapt the four haarlock legacy scenarios as the ā€œplotā€ of my game, starting with house of dust and ash if anyone is familiar with pen and paper dark heresy.

Starting a new mission rather than finishing an old one, whatever would the emperor say xd.

4 Likes

I think I asked before, but Iā€™ll ask again: Is falling to Chaos a possibility, and if so, would it be an automatic game over? Just wondering if I should keep an eye on that corruption before I become a Chaos Spaā€”ā€¦ Unmentionable abomination.

1 Like

hi thanks for your question and im sorry i didnt answer before.

I have plans to implement development of malignancies at various corruption thresholds (e.g. 30, 60 etc) with their own events. Iā€™m torn about auto game overs at the moment, Ive got lots of plans but dont want to punish the player too much

1 Like

This game is incomprehensible and I donā€™t understand the mechanics, and Iā€™m the one who made it :innocent:

3 Likes

Ok, since I like to update and show that I am still working, I can confirm that I have reachedā€¦ 90,000 words, wo-ho. So I guess Iā€™m averaging about a thousand words a day, which seems low, but is actually high when I think about it o_O. There is still no chance of a demo update yet (sorry), though I am working towards it I promise! Maybe around 110,000 words XD.

Anyway this is the most I have ever written; chapter 2, which I have returned to working on is at 36,000 words so far, I expect it will take about 15,000 words more to fill in all the routes and so on. Iā€™ve made it as far as the final fight and got down 300 lines of code, so iā€™m only just beginning to write it really. Its exciting and I am excited.

I promise I will go back and correct the character creation and chapter 1 stuff and make things more comprehensible as soon as Iā€™ve done all the other things :smile: - writing mechanics explainations is easy so iā€™m leaving that for serious writers block time or something.

Anyway, also sorry for putting people off by gender-locking this, I donā€™t really have an explanation, its just the way Iā€™m writing, sorry, mea culpa

6 Likes

1k words a day? Do NOT downplay that. That is a lot to write consistently on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Youā€™re right i shouldnā€™t be downplaying it - but considering all my plans that I want to implement it has been very slow progress! i must work harder :pensive:

1 Like

The most devastating and most successful taskmaster/mistress is often yourself, After all burnout is easy to do just take it one day at a time.

1 Like