current version: 0.2 [2020/02/20]
What is this game: Holy Ordos is a fanfiction text-only RPG based in the science fiction setting of Warhammer 40,000. It is based specifically on the now out of print pen-and-paper RPG Dark Heresy (1st Edition).
Story Premise: It is the 41st millennium, In the galaxy spanning Imperium progress has been replaced with near complete stagnation, embodying the worst elements of theocratic feudalism. Threats to the Imperium are countless - aliens without, malcontents within, and most disturbingly, the daemonic entities of a parallel dimension which interpenetrates physical reality
You play an “Inquisitorial Acolyte”, an operative of the Inquisition - secret police of the Imperium, from recruitment to whatver your eventual fate might be.
- RPG mechanics - earn experience and spend it to customize your character. (I don’t think this has been done to this extent in a choicescript game ever)
- Serve the Inquisition to uncover a terrible secret about the galaxy. Fight daemons, cults, corporate cartels and the stifling bureaucracy of the Imperium of Man.
- Wield the deadly powers of the warp.
- Attempt to maintain your sanity when faced with the horrors of the galaxy, or embrace them.
- Feel the corrupting influence of chaos seep into your body and mind.
- Purge heretics
- Chill out with your companions and uncover their secrets
- Character creation is done
- Introduction Is done
- Chapter 1 is done
- Interlude 1 is done
- Chapter 2 is done in rough form (I am not happy with lots here but I pushed it anyway)
- Interlude 2 is 80% done
- Chapter 3 is 30% done
v0.2 - 2020/02/20
Playable Wordcount: 115148
Total Wordcount: 238426
- Update Pushed For testing - lots of things corrected, changed and so on. Playable word count doubled.
- Chapter 2 published
v0.1 - Oct 2019
Excluding code: 35988
- Original Release
Is this copyright infringement: i have a team of expensive lawyers working on this question as we speak.
Are there romance options: maybe…
Why do i have to be a girl?: because I want to write a story from a woman’s perspective.
Why do i have to be a psyker?: um, i don’t understand the question, why would you not want to be?
Trigger warnings: lots - its gory and people take drugs some people are rude to you because you are a woman. - also its 40k so um, its like, reallly bad; verdict: not suitable4children
here is the link: https://dashingdon.com/go/4725
hello, just to clarify I have no interest in monetizing/selling or formally publishing this game, which I guess would fall into fan-fiction-game territory.
The tabeltop rpg its based on - dark heresy 1st ed was made by FFG, whos licence with GW has lapsed so they no longer sell the sourcebooks, or any other warhammer stuff, and it has been superseded by subsequent 40k rpg, wrath and glory, by a different production house/publisher. so DH 1st ed sits in limbo, hence why I felt it was fair game for fanficgame.
the reason I posted this here is purely because its written in choicescript, as opposed to something like twine.