Hollowed Minds (Chapter 2: Part 1 Updated Oct. 8, 2022, +58k words; Patreon launched on Nov. 3!)

Love it :heart_eyes: looking forward future updates :heart_eyes:
Will be Callie a Ro or are just that 4 caharcters ros? + All the characters look very interesting and Intriguing :heart_eyes:
images

2 Likes

Great to see new update :grinning: I see there are no relationship trackers for Callie or Lucas, does that mean they won’t be important to the story? What about Alex?
I’m quite enjoying working with big bro playing politicians (sort of and not really) :joy:

1 Like

Kudos for your writing on that Bale guy, it’s impressive how much I managed to hate his guts in such a short period of time

9 Likes

@Sakinah_Saraswati Alex is actually a very interesting character to write. He usually seems lighthearted and patient - his wide array of experiences with people did that - but his first priority will always be the MC. It can be harmful if you view it from another perspective, because he’ll always try to protect his sibling no matter how ruthless they would be (even if the MC hates him).

@jacktheairsac @Jender Thank you!

@Mistyleaf123 Nice catch! Never noticed that before, thank you.

@Lowern Unfortunately, that probably won’t happen. It’s tricky, both coding and storywise. Although there are scenes where the dialogues for Lucas and Callie differ, I still use the same variables for them. It’s possible for friendship, but not for romance (which would require a lot more personalized scenes for each of them). Also, I’ve already got plans for them that wouldn’t be viable for a romantic relationship. So yeah, Lucas/Callie can be your friend but nothing more. Sorry about that. :sweat_smile:

@Inkuro Great! That was the intention so I’m glad to hear it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

They’re important, don’t worry. I’m going to give them relationship bars and status. I just had to spend some time to think of a way to separate them from the ROs so that readers won’t misunderstand and think that they’re romanceable. I’ll be including them soon, along with some other characters. There would be a separate page for the MC’s family, though, so Alex would be in that section.

It’s actually one of the things I enjoy writing about the most. :wink: It’s fun to think of even when it shouldn’t be lol.

4 Likes

1st time playing this game. I love it so far, nothing can make me hate it. Plus, I like Alex character more than my MC. Can’t wait for more, great job btw.

4 Likes

So sad, its okay :heart::joy::joy:
I suppose that, ofc it’s so Tired to be coding each scene for different characters, 4 ros it’s an okay number :wink:

I was just curious if that was going to be the official ros, personally I’m very surprised when I wip has more than 4 ros, I’m like: wOw, I can’t imagine how they keep content with all the ros :scream::scream:

1 Like

Glad to see that a lot are loving Alex this early!

1 Like

Love supportive siblings - even if they lie to us :joy: Will there be an option to tell Alex you will side with them against the rest of the family? looking in vague direction of the mother

2 Likes

Yep. I can see stories with several ROs. I’m amazed with those that could actually pull it off. Not really something that would work with mine, though. The plot’s got some complicated twists and some of them are heavily influenced by characters. That’s why I needed to put limits and priorities on which characters can be romanced, and I also wanted to include a proper balance between the plot and the character development.

Don’t worry! I won’t let any of them be wasted.

6 Likes

Definitely! You could also make your MC conflicted about it all. Like caring for Alex so much, and yet upset at the same time over the fact that MC’s mother seems to care more about meeting him again.

@Shai_Manahan I gotta ask, is there an LT route planned? I could see one with F since most MC would probably rather be anywhere else whenever he appears. Or directly in his face.

Btw the link to this thread on your tumblr is broken

1 Like

I really enjoyed the demo; it gave me vague Prodigal Son vibes and I am here for it. Not a fan of the mother and would honestly not mind never seeing her again, which only shows how good the writing is. Alex tho? Best bro, must protecc.

1 Like

I love the character interactions in this, especially with Alex. You got his desperation for MC to quit the force across really well. Unrelated though, I’m confused on what exactly the MC was meant to have done for the whole city to hate them? Sorry if this was explained in the demo and I only missed it, was the MC blamed for the warehouse explosion or was it the breaking-and-entering thing? Seems like a dumb question but I dunno if I’m the only one who’s confused.

Aside from that though I really enjoyed it! I can’t wait for my grouchy detective MC to bump heads with Alonzo again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

@Mango_Pirate No plans for now. Although…well, I’m planning to include a choice for the reader to determine whether Wesley was just an old time friend or something more. If Wesley turns out to be the MC’s ex and the MC also gets attracted to another RO with Wesley noticing, that’s probably the closest you’ll have for an LT route. It’s gonna get even more messy if your MC is into Alonzo and that’s the case (due to certain reasons).

Thank you! I attached the link there before I updated the thread’s title, so that must be why. All fixed now.

@cornerstorecashier Oh, wow. It does have some of that. Didn’t notice it myself at first since I haven’t caught up but I can see why you’d think so. That interaction with MC’s mother could go so many ways (given the wide varieties in the choices) but yeah, it’s meant to be upsetting. And Alex would definitely love hearing that!

@schizoidnet It was about the whole operation and how illegal it all looked like. The MC wasn’t meant to be seen. The agent was just supposed to go to the bar and hand over the flash drive, then MC could use that as a starting point to gather more evidence about Bale. No one was supposed to know that they were there. But then the pictures were spread along with the mission details, and they kinda implied the MC was doing something illegal for the marshal (the rumors about the marshal are not so good, after all). The reason why the MC became the perfect scapegoat was because most of the ordinary citizens trusted them and saw them as an effective officer of the law, one they could rely on, and learning that the MC was involved in one of the marshal’s clandestine operations…well, there was a lot of anger with regards to that. It doesn’t help that the marshal has a large influence enough to manipulate the media, so MC got the short end of the stick and she was ignored.

It’s not a dumb question. I just didn’t explain everything in whole because I didn’t want to dump too much info in one place. I could make that clearer, though, so thanks!

8 Likes

Great game, really enjoyable

2 Likes

Great demo!

1 Like

Thank you!

Also, in case anyone wants to check it out, I’ve updated the RO descriptions in the original post. Currently in the process of editing the stats explanations portion, too.
I might make a more extensive info for the ROs in the tumblr soon. And in the stats page of the game. But anyway, you can only meet either Jade or Owen in Chapter 1, so if you haven’t tried both paths yet, there would be small spoilers.

11 Likes

I’m HOOKED! Great job, really! I will be waiting for every update! Love yaaaa.

1 Like

I really really love what I have read so far. I just have one thing I dont quite understand.Why does everybody hate you? What information about you was on this site? Was I supposed to kill someone? Or will it be revealed later what causes all this hate?

1 Like