HMS Foraker (WIP)

True but having some money in the bank is nice. Also likely destroy merchant ships too if I can send them back home. Weren’t disrupting the enemy shipping help the war effort.

That’s because you picked the middle option. The “I am bad at fighting” option drops your Fighting stat.

Among other things - also that’s for the other thread.

His main misfortune was that he was caught napping when the Spanish prisoners staged their attempt to take the Renown. I think Bush intimates that had he been just a little heavier of a sleeper, he’d be in the same boat.

2 Likes

Always get the gay ones to guard female prisoners, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The author is Paul. I’m in. Done-zos. Lol

I love the idea for RGE Especially if you can seamlessly put it into the story because we have a lot of dirty mid maxed in your fan base.

“Still, the new $[gender} begin to settle in. With time, familiarity will surely breed contentment.”

After press ganging veteran sailors.

“Even if you have made the wrong decision, certainly will not fault you for it.”

After allowing a boxing tournament.

““Sir,” Markham, one of the older midship$[gender} interjects worriedly as you finish your impromptu test. “is it true that we are also going to have a frigate action soon?””

Nothing like the Royal Marines with their bucket caps demanding that you serve under oars.

Perfidious Albion strikes again!

5 Likes

This sort of reminds me of the movie, Master & Commander, which I think is based on a novel. @Cataphrak, did it have any impact on this WiP?

Well, either way, I’m looking forward to it. Not being one of those who are always asking for a LoI release date makes me happy to get to see your writing, this time in a new type of game.

1 Like

Better perfidious Albion than evil Iberia, slimy Gaul and greedy (Insert Dutch Analogue)

3 Likes

This is awesome. Choice of Broadsides was my first CoG as well, back in 2010-‘11 I think.

Found an error here—I chose to play as a woman, went to Trimountaine, and ordered my lieutenants to perform sailing drills. It should be, “Touching the brims of their hats in acknowledgement, they head off to inform the women.”

I know we can’t pay you for this as such, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make a note to donate to your Patreon, does it? :grinning:

This sounds awesome.

Hey! That’s prudent and economical thank you very much!
FYI our navy used to pay a bit better than the British one I believe. Though of course still not as good as some the merchant vessels.

Maybe we’ll get a chance to capture one of the Dutch analogue merchant ships though, since they’re likely supplying the US analogue with various stuff.

2 Likes

@Cataphrak

Really nice work and masterful characterization. I honestly think you should consider making this historical fiction set during the war of 1812.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t be so easy, since I’m already basing this story on a historical event, and I don’t want to stomp on any toes.

7 Likes

On the third line of this page, it says “his sharply focused”. While I think it should be “he’s”.

3 Likes

Well tell that to Sid Meier. :grin:

On a different note, what captain has everyone made?

Mine is the great and illustrious CAPTAIN FLASHHEART(yes, that Flashheart), pouring all his points into Fighting (as befits a gallant) and Patronage (popular far and wide, especially with the wives of various Earls) and letting Fisher handle all the boring details like “making sure his men actually want to fight.”

I can’t wait until his gallantry causes him to die horribly.

12 Likes

I just think this is good enough to stand on its own and be a “spiritual” successor to broadsides. Any toes that have a right to feel trod upon from 1812 are 6 feet under.

Honestly I don’t know if at any of their remains are even there anymore.

Oh wow I did the same thing. I put everything in fighting. The first choice I said I trained my crue to use their guns and I lead in the front lines and had that magic dude as my second in command.