Hinterland [WIP] (Updated 11/8)

Not by much, mind you; for example when you decide to talk with Darryl you have the capability to talk with him and your BFF for quite a while before heading to the island. Rather immersive for a WIP as short as this. Don’t talk to him and the path is over like that; you head to island without further ado and it’s relatively abrupt.

I’m not complaining; I didn’t really expect anything different since you seem to cut it off whenever the MC gets to island which is fine and some paths are going to be inevitably shorter because of that fact, and what you have now is good.

Apologies if this sounds like nitpicking of sorts.

1 Like

I hadn’t considered that. I provided a few more options; reading a magazine, scavenging, which ate up most of the words in that scene, and talked to your friends. I do want to add an interlude of sorts and ability to learn about Darryl.

I don’t mind the nitpicking, I encourage it. Great feedback.

1 Like

I just notice you missed one.

1 Like

Thanks for the help.

Hi guys. Pushed the update back a few days, to work on inventory and finishing planecrash.txt. Almost finished, just doing one extra scene and that’s that. Then we go into woods one, woods two, and woods three, which will probably be the end of the game. But never mind that. Sorry that updates are so infrequent, but I want there to be more content per update. Originally I was updating bi weekly, but I’ve had a lot to do and so there wouldn’t be much new content.

I’ll do a progress report on the OG post.

Happy one month anniversary!

1 Like

The best friend character already kinda scares me, I get the feeling he’s going to turn into a crazy murdering cannibal as soon as things go really bad.

2 Likes

Just as long as it’s not the protagonist they’re eating…

2 Likes

Yeah, he/she definitely looks like a sadist already. Best part is the story is really malleable, so there’s about a 50/50 chance your best friend is going to turn into a psychopath… We’ll see.

1 Like

Oh boy looking forward to seeing vaas in best friend form

To me it looks like the best friend wants the mc too himself/herself

1 Like

Correction then, yuno gasai in best friend form

2 Likes

Yuno was the definition of Yandere
I fear that the best friend might become one rhe moment u interact with other people

1 Like

Hopefully we won’t end up replacing a dieing God and refuse to recreate the universe by the end of it

3 Likes

Update is live! Check OP post for info.

1 Like

I laughed when i saw this

I swear, you have the weirdest questions. Four minutes? If we were in a COG story right now you know we couldn’t count time by numbers." Ash stared at you.

2 Likes

Glad you liked it. I was a little worried about it, but it’s good to see someone appreciates it.

1 Like

uhm… i have matches but i still use glasses to make fire and it failed :neutral_face:

edit : i just realized my bestfriend is so scary :scream: (just trying the psychopath question)

typo : You kept your hands in your oversized hoodie, being careful to step over any logs. Ash was ahead of you, his long black hair drooping on this forehead. (his)

1 Like

I took one look at the title and thought it said “Hitler Land”.

I’m gonna go kill myself now.

3 Likes

That’s probably a thing somewhere