Highway Wars (updated to v1.1.0, 16th Dec 2020)

Become a road warrior in the arid plains of the 21st century! Take the role of a Highway Marshall, in a bid to enforce the rule of civilization on a post-apocalyptic world. Will you prevent the sacking of the last remaining Free Cities, rule over them as a Warlord, or attempt to seek a better future for humanity in another planet?

“Highway Wars” is a 190,000 word interactive post-apocalyptic novel by Adrao, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Play as male, female, or nonbinary, romance other characters, and even get married!
• Enjoy a road trip along the desolate wastelands of the 21st century, and then conquer the lands around you
• Choose your crew amongst a variety of different companions
• Several illustrations to enhance your experience
• Variety of different game paths, with 24 different endings
• Several different difficulty settings

11 Likes

Hi everybody! I realized that I never created my own thread to discuss Highway Wars, back when it was released, so I decided to create one here, so that I can modify myself the title.

Today, the game was updated to v.1.1.0. This is a fairly major update, pushing forward a bit two of the endings of the game (some of the regular criticisms have been that some endings feel short… I reckon that is mostly due to two of the endings, so I decided to make these slightly longer. This is unlikely to fully resolve the issue, but should give a better feeling).

Patch notes are below… overall this is ~10,000 words or so extra in the game.

V1.1.0. (203,000 words)

-Around 10,000 words of extra content.
-Colonisation of Mars ending has been lengthened.
-Terraformation ending has been lengthened.
-Multiple bugfixes.
-Extra options in places

13 Likes

203,000 words already? it’s my first time seeing this so I got a lot of catching up to do :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes