Hexfinder WiP - Play Chapters 1-9 (New chapter for the summer solstice!)

I think I understand what you mean (after a quick peek at what PoNS does); basically an indicator by your talents (say, Occultist) that lets you know that ‘50’ equates to ‘Skilled’ (likely to pass relevant checks) in chapters 1-5, but by chapter 5+ ‘50’ may now equate to just ‘Mediocre’ (not so likely to pass checks).

I’m not sure I’d go about it like that, exactly. I’ve toyed with the idea of using word descriptors instead of numbers (so the indifferent-zealous scale would go something like Avatar of Apathy to Generally Unenthused to Moderate Temperament to Intense to Swivel-Eyed Zealot).

I have also read some good discussion elsewhere on the forum about the merits of signaling what type of check each test is, so at a choice it might specifically say:

[Scrutiny] Look around for clues of nefarious hexcraft.
[Accusation] Threaten the inhabitants.
[Occultist] Recall a relevant text on the matters of ritual.

Again, not sure about that yet. It’s something that I think might be cool to ‘unlock’ once a player has completed the game, perhaps? Do not consider this a promised feature! It’s just stuff I’m thinking about. Got to get the actual game written first…

11 Likes