Heroes Rise: Why so unpopular?

welcome to Nepotism 101

3 Likes

Doesnt make them murderers though.

Even if they had killed her, they wouldn’t be murderers IMO, Cops who shoot an criminal to save his victim aren’t murderer after all

1 Like

Let’s be all honest… If you had godlike powers( I am talking superman and MC type of powers) how long it will take you to decide to take over the world and go on an all-out war with the governments.

1 month for me

2 Likes

There was no victims though.

would never happen, since the governement would not go to war, they would just agree to whatever i say, that’s what any governement would do when faced against a guy immune to nukes

All I’m saying is that its clear that powereds as a whole represented a risk to society. Our character is basically a walking nuke with possible sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies, Prodigal is…well Prodigal, anipowered gangs are a menace on the street, and big battles between super heroes and villains cause massive damage and endanger everyone. Something had to be done to stop them. I see it as a case of good intentions with bad methods. Law should be enforced by people who can’t destroy a city block with their mind. What is going on is clearly not working. But its clear that we don’t really agree so sorry for causing kind of a derailment of the thread

@Logan3000x

3 weeks

Because they ‘shot’ her and because it was a set up , Prodigal has shown what can happen in term of carnage in a very short ammount of time if the super hero doesn’t react

How many people did mc injure through their flares?

But that aside, lbr: its cause sergi hasn’t research how law works

Let me pose a corollary. How long would it take for you to decide to depose a government that is run by the man who framed your parents for murder? Or a justice system that seems to be biased against people with powers? Even good people might consider it under the right circumstances.

EDIT:

As an addendum, you (the reader) knows that the MC’s parents are good people since they willingly submitted themselves to the criminal justice system as opposed to using their powers to simply fight off law enforcement.

4 Likes

Why do you have to write a convincing argument, Powereds are self-govern or else you couldn’t arrest them.
If HR3 shows, even with anti-powered weapons you still need powereds to defeat powereds.

1 Like

But to cut things on my end:

I said my say, and I am attemping to show it’s not just words in my own story.
See you on the 29th.

5 Likes

They don’t really represent a risk as much as THEY ARE society, they can even give superpower to people with their tech after all

those are infini powered, not normal powered like the MC’s parents, it’s a whole other debate

ani gang are no different than normal gang and given the kind of tech we saw, they are probably less dangerous than gangs who use weapons

they don’t cause much damage, only Infini powered even represent a RISK of huge damage and only the supervillain endanger anyone, just like any criminal endanger his victims

something is already being done to stop them, cops and superhero already exist

no, it wasn’t a case of good intention, Vicon was even working WITH supervillains

it should, when they have to enforce said law against people who can do the same and only the very rare infini powered even come close to that level of power

2 Likes

You’re writing, yay, hope you do well.

2 Likes

Good Luck with your writing ^^

1 Like

Good luck can’t wait to see it.

3 Likes

Well I understand your point of view and respect it. But I just don’t agree. However I don’t want to wind up derailing the thread any further so why not just agree to disagree? It was fun to have a debate of sorts though so thank you for that :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Probably about five tweets. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No other CoG series evokes the strong conflicted feelings in me that this series does. The things I liked, I loved, and the things I disliked, I hated. Nevertheless, overall there were more story elements that I loved than hated in the original trilogy. So I stayed with the series into Redemption Season, but there we parted ways for reasons I’ve detailed in previous threads and others have already mentioned in this one. Let it suffice to say that the things I liked no longer outweighed the things I disliked and playing the game brought me more frustration than pleasure. As a result I did not buy/play Open Season nor do I have any interest in doing so.

I am still sticking with the same author’s Versus series for the time being, but I fear that one will eventually get run into the ground as well.

8 Likes

I’ve thought a lot about why Black Magic did that, because it was the biggest point in the games where it felt like my choices didn’t matter (or maybe I just don’t mind being railroaded, so long as I’m enjoying the journey). My MC was a lawless/fame-hungry type who’d been ride or die for Black Magic since the moment they met. He was a loyal ally to the Populars. He barely gave Lucky the time of day. It should have been massively obvious which way his votes were headed.

But here’s Jenny, saying ‘I’m voting for the Underdogs, so you are too’.
Here’s Lucky, leaving notes in his bedroom. Why a note, Lucky? Why not a private MeChip message? Were you actually hoping that someone other than MC might see it?
And here’s Black Magic, freaking out, convinced that MC isn’t going to support him despite all past evidence.

That was annoying, to say the least. But the thing to remember with Black Magic is that he’s not used to having anyone he can really count on. He doesn’t have friends, only people who want to sleep with him. He had a rotten past, and clawed his way up from nothing to reach where he currently is. The Hero Project is a huge deal to him, it’s the next step up in his career, it’s providing security for his future, so he’ll never have to deal with people like Miss Vice again. So yes, he is absolutely going to play the game, side with the Populars, and mistrust anyone who stands in his way. If MC sides with the Underdogs, that weakens BM’s own alliance and makes it more likely he will lose.

Unfortunately, he’s not mature or stable enough to sit down and explain this, so instead what we get is a temper tantrum where he tries to press MC into ‘proving’ their allegiance. I personally don’t believe it was pre-meditated, at least not with a MC who chose the Populars - I think he got a shock when he saw that note from Lucky, and blew up without thinking about what he was saying. I noticed that in the post-vote scene he acted especially clingy, leaping into MC’s arms, letting the other Populars speak to MC briefly, then latching onto him again. He didn’t want to lose MC. He’s an insecure dumbass who was scared MC wouldn’t pick his side (meanwhile, Lucky is glaring daggers because his childhood crush has moved on and doesn’t think they’re BFFs any more, what the hell).

So while I’m not defending the method Black Magic used to deliver his ultimatum, I don’t think it’s unfair to want a relationship with someone who’s clearly working towards the same goals as you. I don’t think it’s unfair to break up with someone because you feel they are jeopardising your career, which is very important to you.

Black Magic genuinely cares for MC, but doesn’t know what a healthy relationship looks like. He knows how to charm and dazzle people. He knows what to do in the bedroom, and that’s it. He tries to present an image of perfection, but you quickly learn there are cracks beneath the surface, and they’re not going to vanish overnight just because MC said a few nice things to him. And I think that complexity makes him a better character, even if he’s not to a lot of people’s tastes.

…Of course, in the time it took me to write this, the debate has moved somewhere else entirely!

6 Likes