Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

No worries, I know that Facebook is not everybody’s cup of tea… I also recently started a Youtube channel… not sure how active it’ll be, but so far I made a couple of videos talking a bit about some stuff related to Hero or Villain. This is the one I made today:

6 Likes

So… any news?

2 Likes

No, but I have a question that came up when I reread this good story. What was Lyron afraid of when he escaped from the Caribbean? I doubt that someone as powerful as Lyron feared mere fishermen.

1 Like

@Darthsoup Sorry about my silence. It’s the beginning of term over here in Japan, which has hit me very bad, and I’ve been struggling to keep up with things. What little time I’ve had from my main job has split between trying to finish my WIP (Icepeak mountains), as this is what is preventing me from starting to work on the next instalment of Hero or Villain, and playing Valheim (my new found addiction…), though I haven’t even been able to play Valheim at all for over a week now. My hope is that next two weeks I will have a bit more time, and I’ll manage to finish Icepeak, do all the bugs on Genesis and Battle Royale, and start to work on Hero or Villain: Armaggeddon .

@Frankex_2272 that is an interesting point… and one not properly explained I think. In my mind, Lyron was not escaping another superpowerful individual, but rather himself and his family (and the fear of hurting people he knew). But, maybe there is an interesting story to be told there… mmmmmm

8 Likes

Quick question! Who are all the romance options? How in depth do we go with the relationship between the MC and the RO?

2 Likes

It really depends. You can finance everybody in the workplace, though some of these are “cosmetic” finances without much depth (they do vary a bit). Also your two friends, plus the owners of the gun shop and the gym trainer. Then there is Lyron and Tidal Bore(if you encounter either of them), the Steel Aeronaut, Captain Villardi… Am I forgetting anybody? Generally speaking the “depth” of the character/romance increases as you go down the list (from the beginning of this message)

1 Like

Japan. That explains ukio-e as photo motive. Term. Wow. Your studying, and writing. Wow. I just study two subjects on different universities at once, but studying and working is much harder. I’m late with material too. Take care :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it basically has to do with my research… though I don’t really study. I’m at the other side of the classroom now (the evil people who grade!), so it’s more about having to deal with all the admin at the beginning of term, plus students having to defend their thesis, etc. I did come to Japan as a student… and never managed to leave. I just love Tokyo so much… hence why my first game was Tokyo wizard… many of the locations in it are places that I know and frequently visit for whatever reason (I often cycle along the route of the old Edo castle walls, and sometimes tell people that those stones structures at the other side of the railway line that runs under them are the old fortifications of the city! The idea for the first fight with the elemental came while waiting for a friend at Sophia University, while I was killing time walking along the walls… etc)

3 Likes

In five different playthroughs i never even once see shark man outside of when you’re recruited for the suicide squad. How do i meet him before that, this lyron guy who might i add also never met, and also the leech monster in the achievement list?

2 Likes

On your missions when it comes to leaving your work you must go with Captain Villardi in pursuit of the assassin from the docks and to see Lyron Nets go on superhero street patrol missions twice.

1 Like

You forgot that lady who is a assistant for a vampire that we rescued and I also have a question why doesn’t the mc think about those he romanced on Earth at all because I don’t think I ever seen the mc dream or say he is in relationship in the sequel

1 Like

That is a good point, actually. I haven’t updated any of the games for a while (as I am stuck with trying to finish this WIP I am working on). But, I’ll add that to the list of things to do in my next update! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One of the recurrent questions about this series is what is planned for book 3. I guess nothing I am setting in it is a real secret, as I plan for it to be the concluding part to the trilogy. But, this video should clarify some of the paths I envisage through the game (easier as a video, I was too lazy to type it all up…)

5 Likes

Just to echo what someone else has said, have you thought about allowing players to infuse weapons with the corresponding elemental powers one has? Along with that, have you thought about any power changes or additions to already existing power sets recently?

1 Like

Sorry for any lack of progress on updates on this game (well, and Battle Royale). Basically, I have paused all work on them until I get my next WIP out (Icepeak Mountain, there is a thread about it in the forum). I’m hoping to “finish” Icepeak Mountains this week (but, then again, I thought it would be finished in April… feature creep and all that…), and then go into the final stage of testing of that. While that is going on my hope is to turn to Hero or Villain and polish the two games with all the feedback (public or private) I have received since the last updates. I’m guessing they will be fairly big updates, though I cannot really commit to what will be in them in terms of powers (sorry… this somehow depends on what mental state I am in… in recent days I have started to feel the itch to start working on “Hero or Villain: Armaggedon”, so if that happens it could be that all I will do are the main bugfixes, and that no new powers will be added… (I just can’t tell… but what is certain is that I will be turning to this series next!)

4 Likes

And… just a little teaser of the preliminary artwork for “Hero or Villain: Armaggedon”!

11 Likes

Somehow I always find my way back to this game. One can never get enough of it. The thing I like most about your games, is the fact that the MC have so much freedom in it. In some games, the character is dictated by their personality, to a point where it can look like they has memory loss or something, robbing them from their freedom and exploration. Your games are different. The player is in full control and can explore freely, taking advantage of each and every path. Your games do not force a play pattern, which I absolutely love. Keep up the good work. I will remain one of your greatest supporters for as long as I can.

4 Likes

Agreed

3 Likes

Nice i can’t wait i’ve loved both games so far, i have a few suggestions i hope you don’t mind if i list them here.

1.more options with telekinesis and other psychic powers.

2.more vampire victims to feed on.

3.the potential to manifest powers of the victims that are fed upon (shiroi yuki) etc

4.in the first game one of the endings alluded to powered beings being recruited into government task forces it would be cool to see that expanded upon, maybe something like a global joint task force.

1. a showdown with karasu tengu would be cool especially if you killed shiroi yuki,
    in my head it would go something like this.

TV announcer: as the world continues to reel from shock at the news of shiroi yuki’s death at the hands of (insert mc name) many are left to wonder who will fill her shoes.

Static:

Karasu Tengu: Greetings world i am karasu tengu, out of respect for my fallen rival i will allow one week of mourning, after which the world will belong to me, and if i ever see (mc name) they will know the wrath of karasu tengu.

this scenario would only apply if shiroi yuki is dead since i kill her in most of my playthroughs,
it’s unlikely you’ll ever use such a scenario but it would be cool to see something like that come from that choice.

6.the ability to use technology to augment our powers more, it would be cool if we could craft weapons and gadgets outside of being an inventor.

that’s about all i can think of right now if i think of anything else i’ll be sure to pm you,
and like i said before i can’t wait. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. As I said earlier, I am just letting all these accumulate, and will then go through them once I submit Icepeak Mountains.

However, can I quickly reply to some points?

1. Can you give me specific examples of instances where you could use your telekinetic and psychic powers? (basically, when else did you think you should have been able to use them, but were not given the option to do so?)

2. About the government task forces… that is already in the game. Did you never get contacted by the agent? (this can happen various ways, either as a hero or villain…)

About the others, let me think about them. Probably some of them will find their way into the next update, though I cannot guarantee anything…

2 Likes