Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Do you mean something like choosing a SET of powers and are then granted the powers inside that set? For example, I want mind powers so I am granted telekinesis, telepathy, etc?

1 Like

At the very top of the categories, the i-kyu (first level)

I feel like this should be ichi or Saisho because those words mean one and first respectively in Japanese

Edit:

Rent in New York are notoriously expensive

The are should be Is

Crashing onto the top of the stairs on the way out, it nevertheless makes continues on a crash collision with what is left of the doors

Makes is not needed here

The police keep on firing at it, not _ the bullets are really doing much to it

Should be a that between not and the

The SWAT team starts cheering you, and you walk back with them _ entrance of the museum with them.

Too many with themā€™s and there should be a to the before the word entrance

using amateur video footage from the mobile phones of witnessed outside the museum

Should be witnesses

Your boss just take off her mask for a second, to adjust it

Should be took

and this could pose a serious threat to those your family and friend

You can get rid of the those and friend would be better as friends

You could potentially try to end up the situation here and now, given that she is not wearing her armour

Up isnā€™t necessary here

Sorry about the long post those are all the grammar errors I saw

Hope it all is useful

1 Like

I would prefer to have the game to ask if the MC is straight or gay or asexual.

And why do Earth powers have claws as a power?

1 Like

Maybe the water based powers could have an ice blast?

1 Like

Continued going through comments and issues from post #16 (most of my time is going into finishing my other WIP, so progress on this will be slowly until it gets finishedā€¦). Currently got up to post #27 only, while slowly going through some of the requests.

@JMH I canā€™t find any bug, are you sure you didnā€™t select any defence field by mistake? (Iā€™ve been over the code and as far as I can see everything should be fineā€¦ ) Did anybody else have this problem?
@Eli_Knight The Aral Sea used to be mostly in Uzbekistan. What little is left of it is mostly in Kazakhstan, though some bits of it are still in Uzbekistan. I was there in March, a truly sad sightā€¦

Bugs and changes:
-Removed pyrokinesis from time powers
-addressed bug when choosing shadows, rewind time and dream powers
-added option not to be interested in guys when talking to colleague
-re-wrote some of the dialogues regarding the colleague. The name and personality of the colleague now changes according to the job you chooseā€¦ is this better?
-Fixed stun bug when choosing powers
-Rephrased fight with black cockroach

Outstanding issues
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page
-Add extra fight component to first encounter with Steel Aeronaut, if MC can teleport or fly
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!)
-More things to do before confronting the Steel Aeronaut (this is what Iā€™m currently working on, the MC will have a range of opportunities to meet other characters, which can be different for each playthrough, in order to add replayability. These are the only bits of this first half of the game that will be added). Iā€™ve already partly coded meeting another superhero (and possible RO)
-Bug on newspaper headlines after first encounter with Steel Aeronaut (cannot find what is wrongā€¦)
-Add extra time manipulation powers
-Look at possibility of influencing boss with mind powers
-Change the description of why the MC is being shouted at (if high charisma/intelligence they should refer to frequent absence, little work done, etc)
-Possibly add personal time manipulation (speed up, slow down MC)

3 Likes

I feel the the time based powers should also include space other wise the teleportation doesnā€™t make sense, another thing you could do with telekinesis would be to include molecular manipulation. Going back to time manipulation you could add a power similar to Eriā€™s from my hero acadameia where time can be reversed or forwarded on objects and living organisms. Also for power upgrades you could do this:
Water - Good morality = Cryomancy Bad morality = Haemokinesis blood control
Earth - Good morality = Plant control Bad morality = Metal manipulation
Fire - Good morality = Lightning Manipulation Bad morality = Hell fire manipulation
Wind - Good morality = Gravity manipulation Bad morality = corrosion
Darkness - Good morality = Nether manipulation Bad morality = Necromancy
Light- Good Morality = Aether manipulation Bad morality = Dark light (Lucifers abilities hence his name Morningstar)
Animal - Turn into a mythical that is counterpart to your current animal depending on morality
Time - Good morality = heal others reversing their wounds Bad morality = Open up old wounds on enemies
Mind - Good morality = Matter manipulation Bad Morality = Ability copying similar to Sylars from Heroes

3 Likes

@adrao I went through and made the same choices so I could take screenshots this time, here you go!

Here is the text where I am protected from the Steel Areonautā€™s beam by nothing.

Summary

And here are my powers when it happened.

Summary

1 Like

Hi just want to say iā€™m a huge fan of the game so far and I canā€™t wait to see what happens especially as a fan of Tokyo Wizardā€™s more mechanics focused gameplay.

Now I think Iā€™ve found a bug that if you play as a journalist one of your co-workers is named Jenny but when choosing a friend the female is also named Jenny.

1 Like

Could you add another option in this one:

please? Because in the two first choices you say you prefer your life as superheroes and the last one as a civilian but what if we donā€™t have any preference? What if we are fine with the two and that we just think it is the way our life is and we donā€™t mind it that much. Or that you like the two. Or you like neither and would like to abandon the two if possible but that you need moneys to live. In sort, a option for those who are fine with the two professions, one for those who like the two and another one for those who dislike the two but under some circumstance have to play the hero and need their normal job to get money. Iā€™m just suggesting. By the way, you did a good job with the games with all these powers.

2 Likes

So, I invited Jenny to the masquerade ball and I have the choice to dress up with a tuxedo while Iā€™m a woman. Lol is that normal or is that a bug? Iā€™m curious. I tried with Vincent and Iā€™m still with the tuxedo. Seriously, we went together in tuxedo while Iā€™m a woman. I feel weird. Actually, I think I donā€™t have much choice because I think I will still be in tuxedo. But a tuxedo is for man right? I use wordreference to translate words I donā€™t understand and it says it is a manā€™s formal jacket.

1 Like

Errā€¦ I find it strange that we are the only superhero who appeared at the bank. I mean, the captain said that she have given the little device to signal the superheroes in time of need but I donā€™t remember reading someone with a superhero costume appears in in the scene of the crime nor any body of superheroes lying around to show that there was a fight. Actually, I donā€™t remember encounter any superhero in all the demo.

4 Likes

I like the abilities given, very diverse like another superhero game in hosted games. Also it has a better story. However I think that the player should be able to choose what kind of costume to have as of the character creation portion. Like whether to have a full mask or domino mask or have leather costume or spandex. Also we should eventually encounter other heroes, whether vigilante or paladin. and it would lead to who we can team up with depending on the impact of our interactions.

1 Like

Continued going through comments and issues from post #27 (sorry, progress will be quicker once Iā€™m finished with Highway Warsā€¦) to post #43

Individual replies
@valentine_v_daygirl, sorry, but thatā€™s kind of out of scope. I included a vast necromancy path in my other game, Tokyo Wizard, and Iā€™ve started to map in my head another ā€œhigh fantasyā€ game that will use the same mechanics and spells as Tokyo Wizard, but thatā€™ll probably be 2018ā€¦
@Jaxx, I didnā€™t want to be accused of not offering a variety of powers!
@Szaal, @FutbolDude21586, I take your point, but wouldnā€™t that force people too much into my own vision of the ā€œspecializationā€? Like, isnā€™t it better just to give the player complete freedom to do whatever they want to do? What do others think? I mean, isnā€™t spending time picking powers part of the fun?
@KingHenry, no, kyu are counted in the way that I wrote in the game (i-kyu, ni-kyu, san-kyu, etc). But, just to make sure I asked a few japanese friends (I do live in Tokyo and speak japanese, but my grammar can be quite poor at timesā€¦). No need to be sorry for the long post, in fact, many thanks for the corrections (being poor at grammar in many languages, I guess that is my superpowerā€¦)
@Markel1970A, the game tries to ask this in an indirect way, when the MC is asked his/her thoughts on the office romance. Itā€™s a bit subtle, I guess? Regarding the earth powers having claws, I guess it appeared logical to allow players to choose them? Should I remove it from Earth powers?

Changes
-@tooweiss, I added an extra option to ā€œLove office gossipā€. Is this better? (any other suggestions welcome, or let me know if you want something else addedā€¦)
-Added possibility to try to use mental powers on the woman in the party, and on the henchmen (@Dloading is this better?)
-Implemented grammar corrections

Outstanding issues
-Add extra fight component to first encounter with Steel Aeronaut, if MC can teleport or fly
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!)
-More things to do before confronting the Steel Aeronaut (this is what Iā€™m currently working on, the MC will have a range of opportunities to meet other characters, which can be different for each playthrough, in order to add replayability. These are the only bits of this first half of the game that will be added). Iā€™ve already partly coded meeting another superhero (and possible RO)
-Bug on newspaper headlines after first encounter with Steel Aeronaut (cannot find what is wrongā€¦)
-Change the description of why the MC is being shouted at (if high charisma/intelligence they should refer to frequent absence, little work done, etc)
-Add telekinesis power?
-Add ice blast to water powers? Add ice armour, maybe?

4 Likes

Well, indeed it will force the reader to your own version of ā€œspecializationā€, but I doubt it thatā€™ll you have a radically different specialization system. I mean, if Iā€™m going for Earth power, I know that I should choose the Elemental category. And so on.

The pitfall is probably on mind category, time and space category, and darkness category :thinking:
But of course, the other workaround to this issue is to allow the reader to switch their power somewhere mid-game :point_up:t4:

1 Like

To be clear, I was asking for clarification purposes, not supporting. I prefer your way, complete freedom.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s perfec with the mental powers at the party thanksšŸ’Æ ps I love this game

1 Like

I think I found a bug in the time control powers itā€™s lets me select a defense power even when I donā€™t have the necessary hero points

1 Like

@FutbolDude21586, ah, sorry, now I noticed you were replying to somebody else

@Dloading, do you remember which defensive power it was? Otherwise Iā€™ll just go and check them allā€¦

2 Likes

It was one of the body regenerations the one that said your body regenerates slowly by the end of the week

1 Like

Continued going through comments and issues from post #44 (sorry, progress will be quicker once Iā€™m finished with Highway Warsā€¦) to post end. Next Iā€™ll go through comments by judges from CSComp, and start to address some issues on to do list below.

Replies
@Chaosteress, I might implement some of the powers that you highlight, though of course implementing them all is a bit too much (and some people have said how there is already quite a variety of powers, though some of the ones you suggest are nice, and in line with other requests). Specifically, Iā€™ll probably implement those that have been suggested by both you and other people, plus a couple of others that I really like on your list. Thanks for the suggestions!
@JMH thanks! I now found the bug (which was in both encounters with the aeronaut, who should now be a lot more dangerous! (basically its ranged damaged in some circumstances was set to 0ā€¦)
@MossHeart, thanks! Iā€™m glad you like my style of doing games! This one is a little bit less heavy on the mechanics than Tokyo Wizard (well, it started like that, though I guess the mechanics by now have become almost as intricate!).
@LikeGames, women can wear tuxedos (a google search will show you many images), though typically they are worn by men. Now, I agree that it isnā€™t ā€œconventionalā€, yet possible (I donā€™t want to start a whole conversation on gender roles, stereotypes, etc). I just wanted to give the players the opportunity to do whatever they want, in tolerant environment such as NY, in a masquerade. Hope it is ok?
@LikeGames, @weirguider, other superheroes will start to appear when I re-start work in the game on November (I already wrote a couple of scenes, but they are not clean enough to add here yet. Basically, during the time in between the fights already there, the MC will be given time to explore the city, encounter other heroes, and venture along alternative plot-linesā€¦ there should be 2 minor plotlines happening at the same time as the Steel Aeronaut, so that there is some replayabilityā€¦)
@Szaal, Iā€™m not convinced (sorry, I normally try to implement what readers tell me, but in this case I hesitate, as I want to give the possibility for people to really create their hero. The reason why I divided the powers into groups is that otherwise they become completely unmanageable. But, if many more people think like you Iā€™ll consider changing (hope you understand my point of view?)

Changes
-Made some corrections that were suggested to me in PM. Some other PM suggestions still to be implemented (added to list below)
-Changed the name of the friend from Jenny to Charlotte (you would have thought out of the millions of names out there I would have picked two different ones!)
-3 more options added to the choices of what the MC thinks about being a superhero (thanks @LikeGames for the suggestion)
-Corrected bugs in mind control choices. You can now select pyrokinesis, telekinesis and dream manipulation (this was highlighted earlier as a mistake)
-Fixed bugs when choosing regeneration powers (Thanks @Dloading)

Outstanding issues
-More things to do before confronting the Steel Aeronaut (this is what Iā€™m currently working onā€¦)
-Add ice blast to water powers? Add ice armour, maybe?
-Suggestion for powers: ability to mess around with Richard as payback (splash the coffee in his face or if you control fire you can boil his coffee to burn him, if you have appropriate power)
-Option to pin down aeronaut in ending scene if you have control over gravity.
-Suggestions for powers from @Chaosteress (Message #45)
-Add options to choose costume (full mask or domino mask or have leather costume or spandex). Any other suggestions?

4 Likes