Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Talking about being a bad son XD

1 Like

How do you save larisse? I been trying all ways to do so but i cant ;(

2 Likes

You need to sing ā€œIā€™ll Make A Man Out Of Youā€ to her.

ā€¦er, I mean you need to train her twice. Fixing the sparring bots when sheā€™s there, teaching her to dodge (you can do this twice, but the first time has to be the first chance you get), and helping her concentrate are all options if you have engineering/alien technology, fighting and/or agility, and psyche respectively.

All of these actions take up training time, though dodge training improves your fighting skill.

5 Likes

Just about to submit the next hotfix to CoG:

v1.4.4. Changes (357,000 words)

-It should be now possible to take Charlotte or Arthur on a date.
-Fixed bug that caused game to crash when using cheat code to start with more money.
-You should now get the correct bonuses from enhanced learning at Bertrandā€™s gym (fighting, both lessons), the darts bar and the Bangkok airport pool table (marksmanship).
-Fixed various bugs in Battle Royale that were carried over from this game (Battle Royale will be updated in due course).

Answers

@Ramidel, you make good points. Ok, I have now re-checked Flying death, set the possibility to tackle, but made it so that you need to be strong also ((round >3) and (strength >40))). There will be a message saying that you fails because of his ā€œgreat size and strengthā€.
Also, you should now get the correct bonuses from enhanced learning at Bertrandā€™s gym (fighting, both lessons), the darts bar and the Bangkok airport pool table (marksmanship)

@Pedro_Aires thanks, it should now be possible to remove the heavy kevlar vest (well, whenever I get to updating Battle Royale, which should be in the near future as by now I have been slowly addressing many bugs in it). Iā€™ll think about the nanoparticles for an update to book 2 or book 3 :slight_smile:

@Patrick_Cody02 ok, will think about adding thisā€¦ hopefully when I get to adding the next round of powers

@Denzil_Melgior_Nagel glad you like it!

@Carmine_Falcone hopefully the post by @ramidel helped? However, is there something that you would like to invent that you think should be available to your character?

@Richard_Wells depends on how strong was your armour. At present how strong is it?

@Hector_Lopez @Ninja_King @Forsaken_Anu hopefully should have corrected that bug that made the game crash in the latest patch.

@Pedro_Aires essentially it is what others have pointed out. The story is built in that wayā€¦ if you really want a lot of money, then you have to become a villain and steal it. Otherwise you have to try your best at surviving with limited moneyā€¦ what I wanted to create is something similar to the problems that Peter Parker normally facesā€¦

@Travis_Larowe as Denzil said, there is at present no option in any branch to turn her into a vampire. Who knows maybe in book 3ā€¦ and yes, you can date Emily, though it is not necessarily easy to get there.

Good points are being made about the mother part and cancer. To be honest this is a weak part of the story, and I am contemplating writing an additional side story to add further depth to thisā€¦ Iā€™ll put that in my list of things to do.

Things to do:
-Add more powers (will look at posts from #1514 for inspiration, some have been implemented already but currently only playtesters will be able to use), also posts #1684 to 1687.
-Write second EGHI story
-Add side story to go and visit mum.
-Add nanoparticles armour (for inventor, maybe in book 3, or book 2?)
-Finish writing new side mission for DLC
-Add hacking computer powers?
[/quote]

5 Likes

@Pedro_Aires: One quick note on money. In Book 2, thereā€™s a lot fewer restrictions on what a hero can do to earn it, so an inventor can become much stronger in B2. Also, youā€™ll probably have the intelligence and learning ability to do well with the new alien-tech inventions.

@adrao: Do you prefer that I drop Book 2 suggestions and bugs in the other thread, or keep it all in this one?

1 Like

@Ramidel well, I prefer the other thread to keep things tidy (as my ā€œmodus operandiā€ is to scan through each thread when I have time, ā€œlikeā€ each post once I have addressed it -that is my way of knowing which posts I have answered-, and modify the game as I go alongā€¦ then I send the updates to CoG every now and then -not too frequently as they are all very busy-). But, if you tell me here they normally also get addressed (basically, as I go through one thread I also make changes to the other gameā€¦ I think I am currently quite behind in replying in Battle Royale, though I have been making changes for monthsā€¦ just need to get round to replying to everybody there and sending to CoG).

4 Likes

I would prefer it being tidy as well, however i would be quite lazy to find the other threadā€¦plus slow reply too

How about this, we keep it in this thread, but make sure to properly state which game are we talking about(i.e FOR battle royale / FOR gensis)

This would be a good compromise, dontcha think?

Anyways, its just an idea, it is all up to ye!!

1 Like

@sasa_se sure, I am always super-happy to get feedback and comments, so if it is here is is also fine.

Otherwise, the game should have now been updated to v.1.4.4, mainly meaning that you can now date Arthur and Charlotte. Let me know if you find any problems with that sequence, or you would like some more options to be added! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is still not working for me for this-

Only thing i did was add about 500 000 :wink:

1 Like

(If you manage to survive to that point) You get the option to go after the Steel Aeronaut or stay in the city (doesnt matter if youā€™re a villain or not), after some choices, you get the option to go to either Mongolia and some other country that i cant remember, choose Mongolia and itā€™ll give you another option for either paying the trip by yourself, or allowing someone else to pay it for you but you have to do something for them, choose the latter and it should be simple from there,
Be warned, you will need a good amount of psyche if you plan on fighting her

1 Like

were is this cheat code at
i need it ^_-

1 Like

Post #1707, idk if thatā€™s all of the codes or not

2 Likes

@adrao when/if you decide to add the nanosuit is there any chance you can make it available to other powersets to, because itā€™s a bit disappointing specing into engineering and int but being unable to build stuff because you didnā€™t choose inventor as your powerset, plus it would be awesome to be able to get rid of my spandex :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nanotech in general falls under Alien Technology, I believe - and so far, thatā€™s not inventor-restricted. That said, powered armor is kind of an inventor thing. Itā€™s not something Iā€™d proliferate to other powersets.

1 Like

For time based MCā€™s, how do we increase our agility and endurance midgame?

While his intelligence and psyche is out of the world, and apparently reaches incalculable levels.

I just want his strength, agility, and stamina to atleast be Olympic Athlete level or Superhuman.

Iā€™ve gotten the strength down early. But Iā€™m confused on how to get the agility and stamina up though.

Please help!

1 Like

i wasnā€™t talking about powered armor i was talking about the nanotech suit which i picture to be something closer to black panther suit from the movie, also maybe not all powersets just the ones with high engineering/int and alien technology, especially since in the 2nd and most likely the 3rd game our characters are exposed to alien technology it just wouldnā€™t make sense for a character with my guys skills not to want or be able to improve his costume.

1 Like

how does inventing stuff work exactly most i can do is wall crawling device

1 Like

you can only invent other stuff if you pick inventor.

1 Like

Non-inventors with enough intelligence+engineering can invent a few things (light armor, wall-crawling, flight) but the serious power in inventions, in this book, is limited to inventors.

More inventions become possible for everyone in Book 2, with access to alien technology. (Which does make me kind of curious, lore-wise. How much does alien technology in general depend on inventor superpowers, either from seeded races or the natural talents of some un-seeded races?)

2 Likes

Speaking of Inventions, Iā€™m getting a sense that there will be more Inventions in Book 3

The Nanotech Suit is a good idea but how will that be possible in book 1? Books 2 and 3 might be possible.

I have more ideas for Inventions in possibly all books.

Firstly there should be man-made turrets, which could be bullets, explosives, laser tech, and/or plasma tech. Helps with defending your home or your criminal base. The Mansion in Englewood is the most expensive so far.

Then there are mechanical mini-bots, small robots, and/or drones that repair and upgrade your weapons and armor at a reduced resource cost when in a battle or in free time.

What about A.I (Artificial Intelligence)? Could help manage your criminal base if you are a villain and acts as an improvement to the targeting system. It can also act as a story expansion to either Book 2 or Book 3 because there are theories that A.I, will become self-aware and become powerful. Might make the hacker job very useful. And could possibly rival either the Elders and/or Lanista.

In book 2, we can buy cybernetic augments with Space Cash. But I have an Idea of allowing the MC to create their own augments. The bone serum and healing nanobots are the only augments for an Inventor MC, we should expand our options in book 2.

Consider the two powers teleportation and invisibility. Why are these two powers only limited to Psychic/Mind powered MC, it should be available to the Inventor MC as well. After all, there are teleportation and invisibility devices in movies and video games.

I might consider thinking of more ideas. Adriao, if you are reading this, please add my Ideas to the Inventor Powers?

3 Likes